• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Help an Average 10-B Human solo fiction

Then that should be an easy victory? The only thing that could stop john murder hobo path, was deconstruction
Pretty sure he can just remote the guy. Also he's too fast for the guy, John wouldn't rush and due to his nature as being nothing but Virus that can think independently. The moment he approach and suddenly feel his front part breaking down he would just retreat and remote.

So, at what tier does it become completely impossible for John to do anything?
He always can just defeat a verse that has tier 1-A, or beyond, and use that hax to "ascend", the problem would be finding a verse that not only has those things, but won't make him instantly die

Also if he solos doom (which is kinda weird because one of the characters become an abstract being the moment he dies, so would that even count?), but if he can solo it, he gets 5-D AP

Search a profile without 1-A immortality or invulnerability and make John take their power.
Most verses that have 1-A haxes, also have 1-A or beyond beings, I geniunely can't think of a verse that only has outversal haxes...And the hax shouldn't be passive so we are left searching for a verse that has 1-A hax (without 1-A beings), and it also does need to not be a passive

John take Dead Space pretty handily and get Self-sustence all type from Necromorph and their resitance to extreme cold and radiation.

Edit: also take Isaac intelligence if there's any applicaple one.

Idk about D4C, it exists as an entire tabber with multiple abilities, and I think Endless calamity fate luck stuff might be better because they would mean that anything John does will hit his opponents, and we could get Acausality type 1 later on pretty easily. I can agree to the corpse resistance tho.

Sad, but still good.
Most of John current wincon is either melee range or Remote so i doubt the fate luck would mean anything at all and sure Acausality can wait. If we can't take D4C then take it portal creation and dimensional travel for the increase range for travel.

Then that should be an easy victory? The only thing that could stop john murder hobo path, was deconstruction
PD: John already has passive deconstruction, so he could get vibration manip
Does everybody agree?
So I'm pretty sure John can easily beat Bomberman (Verse).

They have 2C AP but their speed is comparable to John(but are a little faster) but nothing he can't copy.

None resist his Hax so that's a pretty big win con.
Does everyone agree?
Ask @DeathNoodles he's the Prototype expert, i just surmised whatever he put on the profile.

Anyway for my 2 verse for today (i assume Naito would agree with the restriction) i will have Sekiro: shadows die twice and Omori.

Both are within blitz range with Omori being the only one that may cause trouble. But due to Omori verse lack of means to know about Hocrruxes and it's debatable whether or not Something passive can affect John now (atleast the fear part) so it's highly unlikely that Omori can get rid of the Hocruxes fast enough before John ressurect and Remote GG. Even in the case where they did succeed, the abilities John gain from Mimics is gonna kick in and past John is gonna know to use Remote immediately and not play around (tbh this abilities is kinda like a bootleg Infinity Gauntlet precog).

For Sekiro: shadows die twice i'll have Wolf Limited Memory Manipulation (Self) and Accelerated Development and his EOS skill and Immense Pain Tolerance. Get Mortal Blade as equipment, Hocruxes would allow John to activate time travel to dodge death, once we get actual resurection or plain death manip resistance, this weakness would be moot.
For Omori get Omori Reality warping to gain "Likely low-2C possibly 2C" ap and Something resistance to BFR and Sealing.
Does everybody agree?
If you guys still feel that it's too soon to go at Omori then i would switch it for Maou-sam no Machizukuri! instead.

Same business and take Procell Awakening Abilities (down in notable attacks/techniques), resistance to death manip and the pocket watch that stop user time.
Does everybody agree?

I'm not sure if the verse is at its peak, but I guess to give John a better chance soloing FICTION, I will say that he can enter whatever point in time is most convenient but get any power at any point in time

Also I'm certain there's a way we can do it but we'll have to search for verses that don't hard counter him, and stuff that can give him range/dimensionality. That's a glass ceiling we'll have to break with the help of a few verses and maybe even changing the rules a bit.

I'm not sure if the verse is at its peak, but I guess to give John a better chance soloing FICTION, I will say that he can enter whatever point in time is most convenient but get any power at any point in time
Destiny, arrive BEFORE The Witness is a thing, become The Winower first knife, try not to be stupid like The Witness and win since Gardener and Winower doesn't have a profile.

All right, some guy called Pepsimanslover_69 messaged me and wanted clarification on what "Viral Physiology" gives.

I guess I will briefly elaborate.
Viral physioligy doesn't give him much aside from being made of BV, each cell operate independently and basically immortality type 2 and 1.

Edit: if that doesn't work then sure Disease manip, should still give him the same thing regardless.
A bit of an oversimplification, but you got the Immortality Types 1 and 2 down correctly.

However, you aren't correct for the "each cell operate independently".

The "Viral Physiology" in Alex Mercer's profile does far more than just that. It basically means he's comprised of nothing but Blacklight viruses and virions. He does not have cells. Quite literally, he has the physiology of actual viruses.

This basically means that Biological Manipulation that only works on cells are completely useless against him. You can't biologically affect the cells of something that does not have cells. For Biological Manipulation to be able to affect Alex Mercer's "Viral Physiology", the character with Biological Manipulation either needs feats of affecting organic things that doesn't have cells like viruses or has showcased Biological Manipulation that can affect molecules (which are obviously more potent than cellular-level Biological Manipulation). However, the Blacklight Virus itself has layered resistance to molecular-level Biological Manipulation anyways, so even molecular-level Biological Manipulation would not be enough to affect the Blacklight Virus unless the Biological Manipulation has higher layers.
Question: What exactly does viral physiology do? From the way it's worded, it looks more like a resistance than a power ("biological human limitations shouldn’t necessarily be applicable to him")
Eh, it kind of does more than just being a resistance. It's literally being the Blacklight Virus itself, thus gaining all of the abilities that the Blacklight Virus grants. Resistances are a big part of it though, but not all of it.

Also, having Alex Mercer's "Viral Physiology" entails far more than just having Immortality Type 2... It grants the ability of not being able to be incapacitated by conventional means, and still being able to move around and fight even with the brain being either gone or not being intact (whereas a lot of characters with Immortality Type 2 more so has something like "oh, my heart got destroyed, but I can still survive and fight anyways" or similar, which is probably not even in the same ballpark as what he could do unless they have some other types of Immortality or Regeneration to compensate).

Knockout by a punch to the head? Not possible, he will still be conscious and fighting even without a head. Not even James Heller is capable of this despite supposed to having his own Immortality Type 2, since a punch from Roland has knocked him out for a time. The "biological human limitations shouldn’t necessarily be applicable to him" is supposed to imply cases like this, where conventional things like having a concussion or being knocked to unconsciousness shouldn't work against him unless it involves some bizarre, physics-defying hax ability.

In fact, even with just being nothing but a viral liquid after being incinerated by a nuclear bomb, merely touching him is enough to get absorbed by him (which was what happened to that crow), making him being dangerous even as just a goop.

Also, being comprised of the Blacklight Viruses and virions themselves would also grant Reactive Evolution because all the adaptive abilities are directly from the viruses themselves adapting and evolving from the stimuli around it, which allows Alex Mercer (after absorbing a specific Hunter with compatible DNA) to gain the Reactive Evolution abilities of a Hunter with compatible DNA that has adapted to even basically molecular-level Absorption (the same type and level of Absorption Alex Mercer himself has) parasites for little more than one minute (and gaining two new abilities out of adapting to the Parasite by the way), along with adapting to basically molecular-level poisons with anti-viral effects (including Deconstruction) that is previously capable of destroying viruses that can infect and manipulate molecules like the Blacklight Virus, and becoming immune to the aforementioned molecular-level poisons after only the first direct exposure.

Even Whitelight, the supposed cure to the Blacklight Virus, didn't work against the Blacklight Virus and even became infected by the Blacklight Virus in the process.

There's also the fact that being made of nothing but Blacklight Viruses grants every single ability and resistances in Alex Mercer's profile. Everything Alex Mercer has, it all comes from the Blacklight Viruses comprising his body.

The only reason why there isn't an ability page for "Viral Physiology" is because Alex Mercer is literally the only character in Prototype that is a literal virus assuming a human-shaped form (not even the protagonist of the second game, James Heller, is implied to be the Blacklight Virus like Alex Mercer is), hence the lack of a hyperlink for the "Viral Physiology" section.

-

Or TDLR; "Viral Physiology" makes it that you're made of nothing but viruses and virions, and you don't have cells that can be affected by cell-manipulating abilities. Stuff like the brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, etc. aren't needed for you to be able to survive and fight. You can't get knocked to unconsciousness since the brain is not an "actual" brain due to it simply being made of viruses and virions. You gain Reactive Evolution due to the Blacklight Viruses in your body having it. You gain every single ability and resistances that Alex Mercer's profile has.

For this thread, if the character is not allowed to inherit the entire physiology, then I reckon the specific aspects of the physiology that are the most useful is either the Immortality and non-human capabilities of not needing internal organs to operate (can't get knocked out by a punch to the head, not needing internal organs to operate, etc. Self-Sustenance is also included in this aspect), having the Reactive Evolution aspects (can adapt to just about anything that isn't either some weird magical abilities or some supernatural physics-defying abilities when given enough time) or having the Disease Manipulation aspects of the Blacklight Virus (infecting stuff with the Blacklight Virus and controlling it, as well as absorbing stuff since Absorption is a core ability of the Blacklight Viruses themselves, but not actually have the non-human capabilities of not needing internal organs to operate... So a strong enough punch to the head can still knock you out unless they have some other weird abilities from other series to compensate... Or basically being James Heller without the resilient DNA) would be useful enough.

Or, you guys can decide on literally any other abilities or resistances on Alex Mercer's profile, whichever.

Last edited:
Back