• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellboy (Franchise) Revision Thread #3 | Just how fast is the Lobster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that doesn't answer my question and I'm not sure you read it xD

She could simply have that level of speed before this Ragna Rok arc, which would also make a lot of other characters Sub-Relativistic (if you can justify them having that speed)

It just feels weird to have a different key if all that changes is her speed but there's no explanation for her getting faster, and if there's no training or boost implied that means the Memnan Sea and Mid Ragna Rok keys in theory should be fused
sigh

Tier: At least 8-B | At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C | At least 7-C, likely 6-A

Name:
Elizabeth Anne Sherman (full name), Elizabeth "Liz" Sherman, Sparky, Liz Sherman, Liz, Fire Starter

Origin: Hellboy

Classification: BPRD Agent, Human, Paranormal Investigator, Pyrokinetic

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Fire Manipulation, Forcefields, Flight

Attack Potency: At least City Block level (Destroyed a city block as a child) | At least Small Town level (Destroyed Katha-Hem and fought against the Black Flame who can easily destroy skyscrapers), likely Town level (Her Vril is equal to the Black Flame's Shakti) | At least Town level, likely Continent level (Much more powerful than before; set the Earth on fire to wipe out the Ogdru Hem)

Speed: Supersonic travel speed (Should scale to multiple frog monsters and Roger) | Supersonic flight and travel speed (Easily kept pace with Landis Pope) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed (Fast as before; should scale to Rasputin)

Lifting Strength: Average Human

Striking Strength:
Unknown | Unknown | Unknown

Durability:
Human level, at least City Block level with Force Fields | Human level, at least Small Town level, likely Town level with Force Fields (Tanked attacks from the Black Flame) | Human level, at least Town level, likely Continent level with Force Fields

Stamina: Superhuman

Range: Standard melee range, higher with flames

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Gifted

Weaknesses: Her pyrokinesis is linked to her mentality and she formerly had no control over it. Sherman's pyrokinesis is a vital part of her being, necessary for keeping her alive; if removed, it can be extremely damaging and even lethal to her.

Key: Early Years | Memnan Sea | Post-Ragna Rok

@Dark-Carioca Better?

Okay, read my previous post again. You didn't read what I meant so go back, because what you just posted isn't at all what I meant. And I have to repeat myself so you understand this, go back and read my previous message.

@Dark-Carioca First off, Liz didn't have that level of speed before the arc because Liz never fought anyone who scales to Hellboy in terms of speed. Like I told you before, that level of speed is supposed to come during and after the events of the Ragna Rok arc of The Devil You Know cycle she fought with Abe against Rasputin who in turn also scales to Hellboy.

Second of all, the Memnan Sea events are before the events of the Ragna Rok arc of B.P.R.D, where Liz fought the resurrected Black Flame (Landis Pope) in the End of Days arc of the Hell on Earth cycle of B.P.R.D.

Did I answer your question now?

@Dark-Carioca First off, Liz didn't have that level of speed before the arc because Liz never fought anyone who scales to Hellboy in terms of speed. Like I told you before, that level of speed is supposed to come during and after the events of the Ragna Rok arc of The Devil You Know cycle she fought with Abe against Rasputin who in turn also scales to Hellboy.

Second of all, the Memnan Sea events are before the events of the Ragna Rok arc of B.P.R.D, where Liz fought the resurrected Black Flame (Landis Pope) in the End of Days arc of the Hell on Earth cycle of B.P.R.D.

Did I answer your question now?
@Dark-Carioca Alright, if I didn't answer your question that time, could you please put it in more simpler terms? Thank you!

sigh

Name:
Elizabeth Anne Sherman (full name), Elizabeth "Liz" Sherman, Sparky, Liz Sherman, Liz, Fire Starter

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Fire Manipulation, Forcefields, Flight

Attack Potency: At least City Block level (Destroyed a city block as a child) | At least Small Town level (Destroyed Katha-Hem and fought against the Black Flame who can easily destroy skyscrapers), likely Town level (Her Vril is equal to the Black Flame's Shakti) | At least Town level, likely Continent level (Much more powerful than before; set the Earth on fire to wipe out the Ogdru Hem)

Speed: Supersonic travel speed (Should scale to multiple frog monsters and Roger) | Supersonic flight and travel speed (Easily kept pace with Landis Pope) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed (Fast as before; should scale to Rasputin)

Striking Strength:

Durability:
Human level, at least City Block level with Force Fields | Human level, at least Small Town level, likely Town level with Force Fields (Tanked attacks from the Black Flame) | Human level, at least Town level, likely Continent level with Force Fields

Weaknesses: Her pyrokinesis is linked to her mentality and she formerly had no control over it. Sherman's pyrokinesis is a vital part of her being, necessary for keeping her alive; if removed, it can be extremely damaging and even lethal to her.

@Dark-Carioca Better?
Now, is there anything else we need to go over before we can apply these changes?

@Antvasima @Dark-Carioca @SamanPatou

Last edited:
Okay, read my previous post again. You didn't read what I meant so go back, because what you just posted isn't at all what I meant. And I have to repeat myself so you understand this, go back and read my previous message.
sigh

Name:

Striking Strength:

Durability:

@Dark-Carioca Better?
So, anything else? Did I answer your question @Dark-Carioca?

First off, Liz didn't have that level of speed before the arc because Liz never fought anyone who scales to Hellboy in terms of speed.
Like I told you before, that level of speed is supposed to come during and after the events of the Ragna Rok arc of The Devil You Know cycle she fought with Abe against Rasputin who in turn also scales to Hellboy.
Isn't it possible she had that level of speed beforehand, though? You didn't explain anywhere if that's possible or not. You just went "sigh" and changed things without explanation, as if I'd told you to do that, which I didn't. You even changed the full power thing to "likely Continent level" Did I tell you to do that? No.

Once again, I don't know if you aren't a native English speaker or if you forgot what my question was. I asked if there was an implied speed boost between arcs, because otherwise it makes no sense for her to suddenly be faster in the next arc. You can't just say "oh it's the next arc so clearly she must be faster and ONLY faster". You have to give us explanations, like did she receive any training, or a speed boost? Explaining isn't a hard thing to do.

Regarding the Supersonic thing... the calc gives Supersonic to Roger's speed as he's growing, I don't think that can be used for his combat speed. Hellboy has the only true reaction speed feat calculated and in theory the others could scale to it (especially since Roger was given life from Liz's life force and it seems clear Liz is above Roger).

@Dark-Carioca Then WHY didn't you say so? Had you been specific the first time this thread could've been done.
Only those who scale to Roger can be Supersonic it seems
The scaling with Roger and Pope seems ok.
Regarding the Supersonic thing... the calc gives Supersonic to Roger's speed as he's growing, I don't think that can be used for his combat speed.
Didn't you state here that it was fine to scale other characters to Roger and his speed? And where did I say that Supersonic should be used for his combat speed? I never said anything about Roger's combat speed
Hellboy has the only true reaction speed feat calculated and in theory the others could scale to it (especially since Roger was given life from Liz's life force and it seems clear Liz is above Roger).
That's the entire point about giving her Sub-Relativistic reactions, because she and Abe fought Rasputin who in turn was also fighting Hellboy. That's why I scaled Rasputin to Hellboy and Liz to Rasputin!
Once again, I don't know if you aren't a native English speaker or if you forgot what my question was. I asked if there was an implied speed boost between arcs, because otherwise it makes no sense for her to suddenly be faster in the next arc. You can't just say "oh it's the next arc so clearly she must be faster and ONLY faster". You have to give us explanations, like did she receive any training, or a speed boost? Explaining isn't a hard thing to do.
That's not what I was getting at; I was giving her Sub-Relativistic reactions when it came to her third key. Besides, you told me "especially since Roger was given life from Liz's life force and it seems clear Liz is above Roger", so doesn't that alone scale her to his speed? Doesn't that give her Supersonic travel speed for her first key?

Okay, what am I missing here? Did I not address your questions that time?

Last edited:
@Mr._Bambu

Would you be willing to help out here please? I vaguely recall that you may be interested in Hellboy.

@Mr._Bambu

Would you be willing to help out here please? I vaguely recall that you may be interested in Hellboy.
I had been, I've lost some of my interest lately.

@Mr._Bambu KEEP IT CIVIL!
Do a good job, then.

I'll take a look at some point, I'm a bit busy irl at the moment.

Bambu is usually very reliable, rational, and reasonable.

Thank you for helping out.

Well, that doesn't give him the right to go around "cursing liberally" in every CRT I make.

@Dark-Carioca Then WHY didn't you say so? Had you been specific the first time this thread could've been done.

Didn't you state here that it was fine to scale other characters to Roger and his speed? And where did I say that Supersonic should be used for his combat speed? I never said anything about Roger's combat speed

That's the entire point about giving her Sub-Relativistic reactions, because she and Abe fought Rasputin who in turn was also fighting Hellboy. That's why I scaled Rasputin to Hellboy and Liz to Rasputin!

That's not what I was getting at; I was giving her Sub-Relativistic reactions when it came to her third key. Besides, you told me "especially since Roger was given life from Liz's life force and it seems clear Liz is above Roger", so doesn't that alone scale her to his speed? Doesn't that give her Supersonic travel speed for her first key?

Okay, what am I missing here? Did I not address your questions that time?
Anyway, did I answer Carioca's questions here now?

Last edited:
@Mr._Bambu Look, I don't care if you "curse liberally" or if you "also have autism" like I do; I don't recall ever cursing at you or doing anything to "impact your emotional well being" or "hurt your feelings" like you did in the last Hellboy CRT! I took the time in the Sandbox to organize this CRT in a well-organized manner and I wanted it to be mainly focused on the Lobster, but there were other characters that scaled to him. So please, try to cooperate with me in an affable way. Understand?
I'm not intentionally trying to hurt your feelings nor do I appreciate the condescending tone I'm hearing when every qualm I have had with your CRTs has been a completely fair one. Since you are deliberately making this personal: I criticize your CRTs because objectively many of your suggestions make no sense. I understand this is all difficult to deal with, the bureaucracy of the wiki, but they have been poorly organized and you consistently make ratings and proposals based on things that have been rejected, ad nauseam. My cursing has nothing to do with this because, again, it is simply how I tend to talk- I dislike speaking in clinical ways and it does not come naturally to me.

I would love to cooperate if you will afford me the same privilege, friend. Do your part, make a half-decent CRT, and I will do mine, and go through the due diligence of assessing it, preferably with as little of repeating myself as possible. Understand?

@Mr._Bambu All I'm asking you is not to swear liberally and have the patience everyone else has with me. I don't mind the swearing, but keep it to a minimum like every other thread, okay? I know my suggestions might not make sense and I'm difficult to deal with on this wiki, yet I'm doing what I can to improve. I've already stopped adding useless categories and I've gotten the hang of the tiering categories. And now I'm trying to avoid making any changes to the statistics of profiles and only focusing on organizing pages and correcting things.

Like I said, I took the time in the Sandbox to organize this CRT in a well-organized manner and I wanted it to be mainly focused on the Lobster. Unfortunately, there were other characters that scaled to him and I had a calculation brought into this that I intended to use for my next CRT.

Let's just leave this as it is, and I do appreciate your help btw. Thank you!

@Mr._Bambu Look, I don't care if you "curse liberally" or if you "also have autism" like I do; I don't recall ever cursing at you or doing anything to "impact your emotional well being" or "hurt your feelings" like you did in the last Hellboy CRT! I took the time in the Sandbox to organize this CRT in a well-organized manner and I wanted it to be mainly focused on the Lobster, but there were other characters that scaled to him. So please, try to cooperate with me in an affable way. Understand?
Calm down. Regardless of what may or may not have, that does not warrant this outburst.

Then WHY didn't you say so? Had you been specific the first time this thread could've been done.
I was fairly specific the first time I asked. Your immediate response was to change the placement and wording of the keys for Liz's page, which had nothing to do with my question.

Didn't you state here that it was fine to scale other characters to Roger and his speed?
Did I? I forget, regardless...
And where did I say that Supersonic should be used for his combat speed? I never said anything about Roger's combat speed
I'm not saying you did, but I looked at Roger's page and I realized that Supersonic isn't his combat speed. It's the speed he had when he grew into his giant state, which cannot be used for combat speed.

At no point did I disagree with you giving her that level of speed. That was never a part of my questions.

Doesn't that give her Supersonic travel speed for her first key?
No, because you can't use Roger's Supersonic speed since as I said, it only applies to him growing. He doesn't run or punch that fast, the calc doesn't mention that.

Did I not address your questions that time?
You didn't, but if you aren't willing to explain why, in-universe, Liz is faster and ONLY faster (but not stronger, tougher, etc) in one arc I guess we'll have to ignore my question.

Thank you for helping out, Carioca and Bambu.

You didn't, but if you aren't willing to explain why, in-universe, Liz is faster and ONLY faster (but not stronger, tougher, etc) in one arc I guess we'll have to ignore my question.
@Dark-Carioca Okay, WHERE in this entire thread did I outright say that Liz was faster?
@Dark-Carioca How's this?

Tier: At least 8-B | At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C | At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C | 6-A

Name:

Attack Potency: At least City Block level (Destroyed a city block as a child) | At least Small Town level (Destroyed Katha-Hem and fought against the Black Flame who can easily destroy skyscrapers), likely Town level (Her Vril is equal to the Black Flame's Shakti) | At least Small Town level, likely Town level (Just as strong as before) | Continent level (Set the Earth on fire to wipe out the Ogdru Hem)

Speed: Supersonic travel speed (Should scale to multiple frog monsters and Roger) | Supersonic flight and travel speed (Easily kept pace with Landis Pope) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed (Fast as before; should scale to Rasputin) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed (Should still be as fast as before)

Striking Strength:
Unknown | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown

Durability:
Human level, City Block level with Force Fields | Human level, At least Small Town level, likely Town level with Force Fields (Tanked attacks from the Black Flame) | Human level, At least Small Town level, likely Town level with Force Fields | Human level, Continent level with Force Fields

Key: Early Years | Memnan Sea | Peri-Ragna Rok | Post-Ragna Rok
Right here was where I made four keys for her profile, and I gave her Sub-Relativistic reactions for her Peri-Ragna Rok part because she was fighting alongside Abe Sapien against Rasputin who was battling Hellboy.
sigh

Name:

Striking Strength:

Durability:

@Dark-Carioca Better?
However, right here I got rid of the Peri-Ragna Rok key because I wanted to merge it with the Post-Ragna Rok key and imply she had these statistics towards the ending of the entire Ragna Rok arc where she finished her fight with Rasputin and when she set the Earth on fire. I may have said "Supersonic flight and travel speed", but I wasn't trying to imply that she was faster. In fact, I should've put in her first key "Supersonic fight and travel speed".
No, because you can't use Roger's Supersonic speed since as I said, it only applies to him growing. He doesn't run or punch that fast, the calc doesn't mention that.
Then why did you say "Only those who scale to Roger can be Supersonic it seems" and "The scaling with Roger and Pope seems ok"?

Look, I wanted to separate Liz Sherman's profile into four keys so I could give her Continent level attack potency in reference to her setting the Earth on fire, because that happened in the last issue of the Ragna Rok arc and after her fight alongside Abe and Hellboy against Rasputin. I gave her a third key called Peri-Ragna Rok to imply that she was fighting that time and gained those certain statistics during it. But, realizing how complex that sounded, I simply decided to merge the third and fourth keys so I could better imply that she had said level of attack potency when she set the world on fire and that she obtained Sub-Relativistic reactions after her battle with Rasputin. Now do you get it?

Last edited:
So what should we currently do here exactly?

Okay, WHERE in this entire thread did I outright say that Liz was faster?
You didn't, hence why I asked you that question. You just have her being faster in one key yet just as strong as the was in the previous key, but you don't give an explanation for her ONLY being faster.

Right here was where I made four keys for her profile, and I gave her Sub-Relativistic reactions for her Peri-Ragna Rok part because she was fighting alongside Abe Sapien against Rasputin who was battling Hellboy.
Yes. I saw that, but normally (actually, always) when that happens you have to put an explanation in the brackets.

"(Faster than before due to training)" or something like that, but you don't explain why she's suddenly faster in your original third key, you just say she is. You can't do that.

Then why did you say "Only those who scale to Roger can be Supersonic it seems" and "The scaling with Roger and Pope seems ok"?
I've already explained this. I hadn't noticed what Supersonic was for and that it was being used for travel/combat speed. It was a mistake on my part.

Look, I wanted to separate Liz Sherman's profile into four keys so I could give her Continent level attack potency in reference to her setting the Earth on fire
You don't need a different key for that (especially not one that says she's only "likely Continent level"), just put it like this: "At least Small Town level, likely Town level (Physically stronger than before), Continent level at full power

You didn't, hence why I asked you that question. You just have her being faster in one key yet just as strong as the was in the previous key, but you don't give an explanation for her ONLY being faster.

Yes. I saw that, but normally (actually, always) when that happens you have to put an explanation in the brackets.

"(Faster than before due to training)" or something like that, but you don't explain why she's suddenly faster in your original third key, you just say she is. You can't do that.

I've already explained this. I hadn't noticed what Supersonic was for and that it was being used for travel/combat speed. It was a mistake on my part.

You don't need a different key for that (especially not one that says she's only "likely Continent level"), just put it like this: "At least Small Town level, likely Town level (Physically stronger than before), Continent level at full power
@Dark-Carioca Like this?

Attack Potency: At least City Block level (Destroyed a city block as a child) | At least Small Town level (Destroyed Katha-Hem and fought against the Black Flame who can easily destroy skyscrapers), likely Town level (Her Vril is equal to the Black Flame's Shakti) | At least Town level, Continent level at full power (Much more powerful than before; set the Earth on fire to wipe out the Ogdru Hem)

Speed: Supersonic flight and travel speed (Should scale to multiple frog monsters and Roger) | Supersonic flight and travel speed (Easily kept pace with Landis Pope) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed (Faster than before; should scale to Rasputin who fought Hellboy)

Last edited:
What else do we need to go over here? Before these changes can be applied, that is.

I think you ought to include evidence of scaling to Rasputin for your scaling.
Hmm...something like this?

Speed: Supersonic flight and travel speed (Should scale to multiple frog monsters and Roger) | Supersonic flight and travel speed (Easily kept pace with Landis Pope) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed (Faster than before; should scale to Rasputin who fought Hellboy)

I've been asked to comment again, can anyone wrap up what should I evaluate? Just looking at the description above doesn't tell me anything, can I get some context and maybe scans?

Hmm...something like this?

@SamanPatou Well, right now we're trying to get a response on this which will hopefully close this thread.

Thank you for helping out to Saman and Bambu.

So what, if anything, is left to do here? Should other characters be rescaled as well based on the latest revision?

Well actually, the last thing I wanted to do was try and highball Hellboy's durability and scale it to Liz Sherman string the entire world on fire.

why is it that you always try to "highball"

Okay. Post evidence Hellboy's durability scales to setting literally the entire world on fire, Joe.

Well, from what I see here in these images it looks like Hellboy was unaffected by the fire Liz unleashed upon the world. I assumed it would've been a durability feat for him, but I wanted to run it through the staff real quick if they had any objections, like it would just give him a higher resistance to fire.

Also, I do wanna apologize for my recent behavior towards you, Bambu; I get that you were trying to help and I shouldn't have gotten onto you for the language part.

But this was not an attack that was directed at Hellboy. Furthermore we no longer take tanking heat as a durability feat and rather a heat resistance feat. So yeah, this should theoretically just be a higher resistance to fire, unless I'm missing something.

I was afraid that'd be the case. Oh well, I suppose this thread can be closed now.

Special thanks to everyone who helped out here btw!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back