• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellboy (Franchise) Revision Thread #3 | Just how fast is the Lobster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I don't see the Lobster engaging in a fistfight with the Black Flame or somesuch. I am not sure if the former can scale to the latter in this regard.

But I don't see the Lobster engaging in a fistfight with the Black Flame or somesuch. I am not sure if the former can scale to the latter in this regard.
Figures. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to stick with the Lobster being Subsonic.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here then, or should we close this thread?

Does this change need to be applied before this thread is closed?
Well, I'm pretty sure I already applied this change to a majority of the characters who scale to the Black Flame who in turn also scales to Roger, so I don't really think there's anything left to do here.

On the other hand, I have made a calculation that I intend to use in my fourth CRT for the Mignolaverse, so can I get all the calc group members who participated here to evaluate it, please?

Well, I'm pretty sure I already applied this change to a majority of the characters who scale to the Black Flame who in turn also scales to Roger, so I don't really think there's anything left to do here.
Okay.
On the other hand, I have made a calculation that I intend to use in my fourth CRT for the Mignolaverse, so can I get all the calc group members who participated here to evaluate it, please?
@Dark-Carioca @Armorchompy

Well, the new calculation has been accepted. Should that be used for anything first?

Since it seems like a rather simple issue, maybe it is better to get it done with here, when you have some members who can help you out available?

If that's all that needs to be done, I assume this final discussion involves whether Liz scales to that attack, or just as a special move of sorts by going all out?

If that's all that needs to be done, I assume this final discussion involves whether Liz scales to that attack, or just as a special move of sorts by going all out?
It's an attack. Just trying to determine how her profile should look for the calculation.

Then "At least Small Town level, likely Town level, Continent level with special move"
What's the context behind the feat? How is she able to do an attack that powerful? Is it her full power or something?
Well, I was thinking of making it more of a special move she can use being at full power.
Anyway, in the 15th issue Hectate implied the Ogdru Hem would have their time on Earth but it wouldn't last long. There's a panel or so of them being wiped out by something and another panel of their parents the Ogdru Jahad dead. Hectate tells Hellboy he has to "tell" Liz and "let her go" where he then tells Liz to "do it". After that, Liz burns the Earth and Hectate tells Hellboy that "the world he knew is gone" and that some of mankind made it into the caves.

@Dark-Carioca How's this?

Tier: At least 8-B | At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C | At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C | 6-A

Name:
Elizabeth Anne Sherman (full name), Elizabeth "Liz" Sherman, Sparky, Liz Sherman, Liz, Fire Starter

Origin: Hellboy

Classification: BPRD Agent, Human, Paranormal Investigator, Pyrokinetic

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Fire Manipulation, Forcefields, Flight

Attack Potency: At least City Block level (Destroyed a city block as a child) | At least Small Town level (Destroyed Katha-Hem and fought against the Black Flame who can easily destroy skyscrapers), likely Town level (Her Vril is equal to the Black Flame's Shakti) | At least Small Town level, likely Town level (Just as strong as before) | Continent level (Set the Earth on fire to wipe out the Ogdru Hem)

Speed: Supersonic travel speed (Should scale to multiple frog monsters and Roger) | Supersonic flight and travel speed (Easily kept pace with Landis Pope) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed (Fast as before; should scale to Rasputin) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed (Should still be as fast as before)

Lifting Strength: Average Human

Striking Strength:
Unknown | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown

Durability:
Human level, City Block level with Force Fields | Human level, At least Small Town level, likely Town level with Force Fields (Tanked attacks from the Black Flame) | Human level, At least Small Town level, likely Town level with Force Fields | Human level, Continent level with Force Fields

Stamina: Superhuman

Range: Standard melee range, higher with flames

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Gifted

Weaknesses: Her pyrokinesis is linked to her mentality and she formerly had no control over it. Sherman's pyrokinesis is a vital part of her being, necessary for keeping her alive; if removed, it can be extremely damaging and even lethal to her.

Key: Early Years | Memnan Sea | Peri-Ragna Rok | Post-Ragna Rok

Last edited:
There should be something in the AP part of the Peri-Ragna Rok key to indicate she's either as strong, stronger, or something. Don't just leave it the same without any brackets and explanations. Naturally you should also link Rasputin's page.

There should be something in the AP part of the Peri-Ragna Rok key to indicate she's either as strong, stronger, or something. Don't just leave it the same without any brackets and explanations. Naturally you should also link Rasputin's page.
It's been adjusted now.

@Dark-Carioca How's this?

Tier: At least 8-B | At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C | At least Low 7-C, likely 7-C | 6-A

Name:
Elizabeth Anne Sherman (full name), Elizabeth "Liz" Sherman, Sparky, Liz Sherman, Liz, Fire Starter

Origin: Hellboy

Classification: BPRD Agent, Human, Paranormal Investigator, Pyrokinetic

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Fire Manipulation, Forcefields, Flight

Attack Potency: At least City Block level (Destroyed a city block as a child) | At least Small Town level (Destroyed Katha-Hem and fought against the Black Flame who can easily destroy skyscrapers), likely Town level (Her Vril is equal to the Black Flame's Shakti) | At least Small Town level, likely Town level (Just as strong as before) | Continent level (Set the Earth on fire to wipe out the Ogdru Hem)

Speed: Supersonic travel speed (Should scale to multiple frog monsters and Roger) | Supersonic flight and travel speed (Easily kept pace with Landis Pope) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed (Fast as before; should scale to Rasputin) | Supersonic flight and travel speed with Sub-Relativistic combat/reaction speed

Lifting Strength: Average Human

Striking Strength:
Unknown | Unknown | Unknown | Unknown

Durability:
Human level, City Block level with Force Fields | Human level, At least Small Town level, likely Town level with Force Fields (Tanked attacks from the Black Flame) | Human level, At least Small Town level, likely Town level with Force Fields | Human level, Continent level with Force Fields

Stamina: Superhuman

Range: Standard melee range, higher with flames

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Gifted

Weaknesses: Her pyrokinesis is linked to her mentality and she formerly had no control over it. Sherman's pyrokinesis is a vital part of her being, necessary for keeping her alive; if removed, it can be extremely damaging and even lethal to her.

Key: Early Years | Memnan Sea | Peri-Ragna Rok | Post-Ragna Rok
@Dark-Carioca Look better now?

I think it'd be clearer if you changed it to "During Ragna Rok"

Also, is there an implied reason for her to be specifically faster there? It seems weird that she's suddenly much faster there, and you could make the argument she was that fast beforehand, maybe.

I think it'd be clearer if you changed it to "During Ragna Rok"

Also, is there an implied reason for her to be specifically faster there? It seems weird that she's suddenly much faster there, and you could make the argument she was that fast beforehand, maybe.
Maybe.

Because her reactions and combat speed should scale to Rasputin who also fought Hellboy during her third key.

Yeah, that doesn't answer my question and I'm not sure you read it xD

She could simply have that level of speed before this Ragna Rok arc, which would also make a lot of other characters Sub-Relativistic (if you can justify them having that speed)

It just feels weird to have a different key if all that changes is her speed but there's no explanation for her getting faster, and if there's no training or boost implied that means the Memnan Sea and Mid Ragna Rok keys in theory should be fused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back