• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellboy (Franchise) Revision Thread #3 | Just how fast is the Lobster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him
Diamond Supporter
Hello and welcome back to another content revision thread for the Mignolaverse. For this thread, we'll be going over the Lobster's actual speed as I believe he has the most speed feats and most characters scale to him. Let's begin...
  • Thanks to this blog our friend Lina Shields made, we all know electricity can come in many different speeds, and right here we have a couple of scans of the Lobster supposedly dodging and evading electricity from the . Unfortunately, we don't know the precise speed the electricity is moving at in these scans, and that's why in this thread we'll determine and vote on what exactly the speed should be.
    • Also, if it's absolutely necessary, calculations will be done for these two instances.
  • Right here we have a scan of the Lobster outrunning an explosion from Get The Lobster. Now, I have already made a calculation for this scan with my old CreatorJoe account, but as I haven't received any further input on it and I'm using a new account, I have abandoned it. I've been told that it can't be calculated even though I am eager to get it done and I feel like I should have someone else perform the calculation from scratch.
The object of the thread here is to vote on the proper speed of the electricity in the first two scans, provide calculations if necessary, and try to determine the speed the Libster would need to outmaneuver the explosion.

Now remember everyone, please keep things civil here and limit the use of profanity in this thread.
That means you, Bambu!

Last edited:
The first links don't work, I think they lead to an illegal website which is thus blocked by our system.

About the grenade feat, I don't think you can really calc that, they panels don't show the entire sequence and it may very well have been a case of aim dodgin, where the Lobster starts dodging the moment the grenade is tossed at him, or even just him jumping away to dodge the the incoming grenade and not the explosion itself.

The first links don't work, I think they lead to an illegal website which is thus blocked by our system.

About the grenade feat, I don't think you can really calc that, they panels don't show the entire sequence and it may very well have been a case of aim dodgin, where the Lobster starts dodging the moment the grenade is tossed at him, or even just him jumping away to dodge the the incoming grenade and not the explosion itself.
Yooo wth you mean illegal websites😭😭 mf posting scans on the ******* dark web lmaaaooooo

I have no idea what are you talking about, but our forum blocks a bunch of websites automatically because they are technically illegal and we must avoid any possible problem.
Just upload the scans somewhere else, like imgur or such.

wfeTCtge3FsGUi5T7jJNWC6Mjw6X2W1w6xBwaZUJH0cCU4RVJQ_BAs8uTO1nT9Z4qw9HjWe-thTwf8lCErejYXBPqv5ttKxWdfwRRkVMbUEmmC1_zWZf8tGVixmr-OsVSyq5=s1600

vqGPOMe0WSPA2-aaQsfWHkx1FgKVKc2rTGckLml9PboWC8I2uQeCih9u2MSoRXjIaZqDemyWJ5sUb1eotLBi46fzZEncLwuhyQF0u4nhVDaE4FcZoIraFJQ4kUkpYO_J1sEo=s1600

Okay, this should settle it.

I'm no calc member, so I can't speak for Lina Shield's blog, but we don't calc of supernatural/biological/magical etc.. electricity fired by fictional characters because its speed is basically impossible to determine and can't be compared to anything in real life, like the tesla gun Lina calced.

Also, in the first scan the guy firing electricity seems to be Lobster's ally, right? The Lobster ducked, but it's likely the guy wasn't aiming at him specifically.
In the second scan, he's just moving to avoid random bolts spreading around, it might not have been intentional dodging, more a factor of luck, agility, positioning etc..
And still, the electricity in both scans doesn't seem to be quantifiable in a reliable way.

Also, in the first scan the guy firing electricity seems to be Lobster's ally, right? The Lobster ducked, but it's likely the guy wasn't aiming at him specifically.
In the second scan, he's just moving to avoid random bolts spreading around, it might not have been intentional dodging, more a factor of luck, agility, positioning etc..
And still, the electricity in both scans doesn't seem to be quantifiable in a reliable way.
What if we were to assume the Lobster's ally was actually firing at the Lobster in the first scan and a factor of agility was used in the second scan?

These assumptions are rather unlikely to be true, and both feats are still unquantifiable anyway.
Hmm, this is a bit of a problem then.

Would we be able to scale the Lobster to Hellboy's speed?

Saman seems to make sense to me above.
Hmm, this is a bit of a problem then.

Would we be able to scale the Lobster to Hellboy's speed?
If the Lobster has kept up with Hellboy in a fight, I think so, yes.

If the Lobster has kept up with Hellboy in a fight, I think so, yes.
Noted.

Now, just for clarification, does that mean those two scans can't be calculated?

Hmm, I'll keep looking for some instances, otherwise we'll have to get by with the Lobster being Subsonic...that is, unless I can get some of the higher ends of the calculations I made accepted.

JTGamer96:

Did you undo all of the extremely unreliable speed scaling from "Liz moving so fast that she turned on fire" that we talked about earlier? She is a pyrokinetic after all...

You can only use the calculation results that were accepted by our calc group members.

Why do you think we accepted the current ones? Stop pestering people to approve the result you want, there was literally a whole discussion about it in the first blog.

@Armorchompy ...I'm sorry, didn't I ask you guys to keep it civil? And I'm sincerely and genuinely sorry if I pestered you and the rest of the calc group, okay? sigh

@SamanPatou @Antvasima Anyway, what if we scale the Lobster to the Black Flame (Raimund Diestel) who also scales to Johann who fought the other Black Flame?

Last edited:
If a character has kept up with another character in a fight they obviously scale, and characters who have kept up with the former in turn also scale. However, I am not well-informed about or interested in Hellboy, so I do not know what is appropriate. Sorry.

@Dark-Carioca @Mr._Bambu

Are any of you able to help up with scaling advice for this series?

Okay. That should probably be corrected then, unless anybody can offer a good explanation.

Everyone who scaled to that Hypersonic+ thing like Raimund also needs to be changed, JT.

Unless better speed feats are found the cast are staying in Subsonic, it seems.

Everyone who scaled to that Hypersonic+ thing like Raimund also needs to be changed, JT.

Unless better speed feats are found the cast are staying in Subsonic, it seems.
I suppose we'll have to stick with Subsonic, then, until I can find evidence that Raimund who could scale to Johann can be used to scale the Lobster.

Yeah, but I don't think I wanna close this thread just yet.

So what do you want to discuss here currently then?

@Antvasima Scaling the Lobster to the Black Flame (Raimund Diestel) who scales to Johann who scales to the Black Flame (Landis Pope) in terms of speed.

Okay. Has the Lobster fought any characters that scale to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back