• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Helbram Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I did a calculation here about Helbram that gets 290 megatons.

I'd like to know if this 0.7 second end is acceptable since I've been getting no input on it (all the comments, except Mitch's most recent one, were made before it existed).

However, I'd also like to know how to account for the fact that the roots aren't moving at a uniform speed without the velocity of the lower portion of the root.

Last edited:
It's not 1:1 with the manga in terms of proportions, and I can't pin down the tendrils' speed because they move in and out of frame as the camera pans outwards (meaning I'd also have to adjust the pixel scaling for every frame since the tendrils get smaller with perspective).

It's not 1:1 with the manga in terms of proportions, and I can't pin down the tendrils' speed because they move in and out of frame as the camera pans outwards (meaning I'd also have to adjust the pixel scaling for every frame since the tendrils get smaller with perspective).
.7 is fine to Go imo

I did a calculation here about Helbram that gets 290 megatons.

I'd like to know if this 0.7 second end is acceptable since I've been getting no input on it (all the comments, except Mitch's most recent one, were made before it existed).

However, I'd also like to know how to account for the fact that the roots aren't moving at a uniform speed without the velocity of the lower portion of the root.
I guess the best thing you can do is just figure out an average.

By average, do you mean the speed of the root's base? Because I can't find that.

However, averaging between two speeds would have to be more than half the highest speed (for example (10 km/s + 1 km/s) / 2 would be 5.5 km/s).

That reduces the total to 72.6 megatons.

That part is fine. They're similar in size, and I've calculated them as an ellipsoid to account for the fact that the tips are smaller than the root bases.

I stand by the end I accepted. It doesn't look like King was surprised by the attack, but rather, he was surprised by what Helbram was saying. It can't necessarily be said that it "passed him before he reacted" since he was too stunned to react to it.

I stand by the end I accepted. It doesn't look like King was surprised by the attack, but rather, he was surprised by what Helbram was saying. It can't necessarily be said that it "passed him before he reacted" since he was too stunned to react to it.
That’s what a blitz is

Not in this case. He wasn’t even focused on the attack because he was shocked by what Helbram was saying
Shocked ???

Helbram was just saying he would attack Diane and that King wouldn’t be able to do shit against it then proceeded to surprise him From a pretty great distance.

.7 sec is a lowball for casual lightning timers too

Shocked ???

Helbram was just saying he would attack Diane and that King wouldn’t be able to do shit against it then proceeded to surprise him From a pretty great distance.

.7 sec is a lowball for casual lightning timers too
He has the same expression before and after the attack is fired. Then he gets his act together and moves to intercept the attack. I can't, in good faith, accept this end

Look at the comments. I don't mean he was surprised surprised, I mean it passed him without him being able to immediately stop it (something he'd easily be able to do, even if distracted, if it was within 0.7 seconds). Also, you're talking about a lightning timer here who had an entire conversation within that 0.7 seconds and struggled to outspeed the root.

Also, it repeatedly tagged King before he could avoid it on many more occasions. It was only later that King stopped avoiding it altogether so he could protect Diane.

Last edited:
Look at the comments. I don't mean he was surprised surprised, I mean it passed him without him being able to immediately stop it (something he'd easily be able to do, even if distracted, if it was within 0.7 seconds). Also, you're talking about a lightning timer here who had an entire conversation within that 0.7 seconds and struggled to outspeed the root.

Also, it repeatedly tagged King before he could avoid it on many more occasions. It was only later that King stopped avoiding it altogether so he could protect Diane.
I don't agree with this at all. The fact that Helbram said something that stunned him this much (I think he was threatening his friends or something, idk, I don't read or watch NNT) is exactly why he didn't stop the attack. Hence why in the next panel, he quickly got his act together and moved to intercept it

That's not really how being stunned works. Your surroundings wouldn't totally disappear for what's essentially the length of a marathon (to these characters, anyway). And, it's worth noting that he couldn't even intercept it with Chastiefol's transformations, and had to use his body.

It's only because he's stunned (plus Howzer was faster than them) that I'm not assuming these tentacles move at the speed of lightning.

Also, this doesn't even begin to address my other panels, in which King wasn't stunned.

Last edited:
That's not really how being stunned works. Your surroundings wouldn't totally disappear for what's essentially the length of a marathon (to these characters, anyway). And, it's worth noting that he couldn't even intercept it with Chastiefol's transformations, and had to use his body.

It's only because he's stunned (plus Howzer was faster than them) that I'm not assuming these tentacles move at the speed of lightning.

Also, this doesn't even begin to address my other panels, in which King wasn't stunned.
Well said

That's not really how being stunned works. Your surroundings wouldn't totally disappear for what's essentially the length of a marathon (to these characters, anyway).
Actually, that is how it works, especially in cases like this. It's pretty evident here, especially with his unchanging expression, that he's shocked by Helbram's words and is taking it in as the attack goes off.
And, it's worth noting that he couldn't even intercept it with Chastiefol's transformations, and had to use his body.
If he had to use his body, that means he could cross that distance before the root crossed a much smaller distance (since it was already far ahead of him while he was still stunned). I'm guessing Chastiefol's transformations are faster than his normal self, so maybe? It's still pretty iffy to me because of what I said before.
I'm not sure where I stand now but what I do know is that if the 0.7 second end was inaccurate, simply going "well that's why I'm not using [insert inaccurate end here]" doesn't make it less inaccurate.
I looked at all the panels. The only one that falls under the "surprise him from a somewhat considerable distance" bit is the one we're discussing at the moment.

Consider me neutral for now, I'm iffy on the whole thing and I'd recommend getting more input.

Actually, that is how it works, especially in cases like this. It's pretty evident here, especially with his unchanging expression, that he's shocked by Helbram's words and is taking it in as the attack goes off.
From what I've seen/experienced, it usually takes a something on the order of a light tap to get someone out of that (it's not like he witnessed a family member die or something and fell into a daze, he was just shocked), not the equivalent of god knows how many trucks passing through the air at multi-mach speeds.
If he had to use his body, that means he could cross that distance before the root crossed a much smaller distance (since it was already far ahead of him while he was still stunned). I'm guessing Chastiefol's transformations are faster than his normal self, so maybe? It's still pretty iffy to me because of what I said before.
It was about half-way.

Not really, since he flies using it. My point is that he couldn't take the time to transform it for remote control and had to immediately ram the tentacle.
I'm not sure where I stand now but what I do know is that if the 0.7 second end was inaccurate, simply going "well that's why I'm not using [insert inaccurate end here]" doesn't make it less inaccurate.
That's not my point. My point is that you're talking about a character being very briefly stunned vs what's effectively an entire marathon for them.
I looked at all the panels. The only one that falls under the "surprise him from a somewhat considerable distance" bit is the one we're discussing at the moment.
Which is why I mentioned earlier in the calc that they (including characters as fast as Meliodas, who was a part of the 0.7 second feat) also had difficulty avoiding them in large numbers.

Meh, I guess it should be fine then. Though there's still the issue of the lack of uniform speed. Maybe KLOL's suggestion could work? I'm really not sure to be honest

I'll add it in soon, then, and edit the calc to make the Helbram thing more clear.

Honestly, not sure about the 0.7 second timeframe. Is it somewhere in the anime or something? Because AFAIK, even Normal Human Perception is swifter than this by over 3-and-a-half times.

Also for volume I think either truncated cone or cone will suit this better. A long ass, spindly cone with a super thin top.

Would it be considered calc stacking if we use Mach Reaction speeds? Since Meliodas canonically can move at the speed of sound.

King was able to react to adult form Helbram who could keep up with Beserk Meliodas who's faster than base.

The results would be hella inflated nvm then

Last edited:
Honestly, not sure about the 0.7 second timeframe. Is it somewhere in the anime or something?
It's from the fact that they had an entire conversation, ran a massive distance (from their perspective) and intercepted a bunch of guys within 0.7 seconds.

They can be caught by these tendrils and need a lot of effort to catch up over somewhat similar distances.
Because AFAIK, even Normal Human Perception is swifter than this by over 3-and-a-half times.
Would it be considered calc stacking if we use Mach Reaction speeds? Since Meliodas canonically can move at the speed of sound.
It didn't actually surpass King's reaction/perception time.
King was able to react to adult form Helbram who could keep up with Beserk Meliodas who's faster than base.
I have to disagree.

Helbram there did have a stronger base + the partial power of half a dozen or so Holy Knights, but the one that fought Meliodas was empowered by 20 Holy Knights and was way faster than Ban.
Also for volume I think either truncated cone or cone will suit this better. A long ass, spindly cone with a super thin top.
I'll look into it.

I have to disagree.

Helbram there did have a stronger base + the partial power of half a dozen or so Holy Knights, but the one that fought Meliodas was empowered by 20 Holy Knights and was way faster than Ban.
Fair,

Well What about King being at least relative in speed to Ban who's faster than Meliodas?

Actually dunno why I'm still doing this the results from what I've seen hit up to the island to large island ranges

Sure. But, like I said, we shouldn't use speed and reaction times.

It's from the fact that they had an entire conversation, ran a massive distance (from their perspective) and intercepted a bunch of guys within 0.7 seconds.

They can be caught by these tendrils and need a lot of effort to catch up over somewhat similar distances.
That's the problem, we don't allow usage of words spoken to determine a timeframe anymore.

It didn't actually surpass King's reaction/perception time.
Hmmmmm, then IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back