• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Heaven Ascension Dio's Powers and likely Tier

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Okay, so basically i managed to get enough info as to what EoH Dio can do as well as what his likely tier could be.

Powers:

For here, i have gathered that Dio has basically all of his power from both Parts 1 and 3 but are greatly amplified(though Heaven Dio doesn't really use his vamperic powers at all,m but i just like to add that in).

But those really aren't the important ones. After watching one of the walkthroughs of the game on YT, i noticed some new abilities that Heaven Dio gained after achieving "Heaven". For one, he was apparently able to reality warp or whatever and transported the Joestars and Speedwagon to his dimension(or what i assume it is his personal dimension).

Another is that Dio is actually immune to the effects of Tusk Act 4 and GER(if you see the video i linked y'all to, Heaven Dio just straight up punched 3 nail bullets that if one so much as touches them, it puts you in an infinite loop. And also counter-nullified GER's nullification ability.)

His Regenerationn is also alot better as when Jotaro landed a direct hit to Dio's head with SP, Dio healed that s*** in seconds.

Dio in addition also has this ability on the JJBA wiki called "Reality Overwrite". This one, however, i'm not sure what this means. What one person said about this in the Dio vs Sakuya fight, however, said that The World Over Heaven's abilty here is that instead of simply killing someone, Dio can "overwrite" it to such that the person no longer exists. I don't know how true this is but if it is, it's really broken and op for someone like Dio. I think this part right here is a likely example of what this reality overwrite ability does.

One last thing. From what i also noticed about the RO(reality overwrite) ability, it looks like Dio can take his victims souls(i think that's what it's supposed to be) after killing them or erasing them(?) and absorb it into his being which increases his power. Here's another video that showcases it, i think.

This is all i can gather up on Heaven Ascension Dio's powers.

Tiering:

For this, i can honestly and personally say that Heaven Dio can gain an "at least Low 2-C or higher" tier. Why? This version of Dio is supposed to be a lot stronger than MiH Pucci, GER Giorno, and Tusk Act 4 Johnny. There's also the potential idea that Dio could also have MiH's ability as Pucci needed time to actually fully reset the universe. Dio should be able to do but on a whim(again, this is only if Heaven Dio has this ability or not, which he possibly does considering the plan to achieve Heaven was made by him).

Opinions/Thoughts:

Okay so now that i gave out EoH Dio's powers and what i think his tier could be, i want to know what y'alls thoughts are on this. Like is this enough to warrent making a new page for this version of Dio and having him at the right tier or should we just wait on this. And be4 any of y'all say something, yes i am aware this is only for the video game.

Anyways, thoughts? Any faults of what i showed here? Anything?

I think Tier 2-C sounds good but I think we should have a note saying he's much higher with his nullification, just not able to directly affect things on a multiversal scale (presumably)

What LordXcano said.

Hard to believe there's something that can't be affected by Tusk Act 4 or GER.

I'm mostly glad that we actually have a limit to GER so we don't have to deal with people saying it could nulify anything anymore!

hmmmm I would agree he should be at least low 2-C though you think that Jotaro also probably needs an upgrade as he also (somewhat) reached overheaven (I don't really know how but he was healing himself so qucikly as probably because their stands are the same type but again SOMEHOW) though the weakness if probably paradox as his hands were immobalzed from it

TISSG7Redgrave said:
hmmmm I would agree he should be at least low 2-C though you think that Jotaro also probably needs an upgrade as he also (somewhat) reached overheaven (I don't really know how but he was healing himself so qucikly as probably because their stands are the same type but again SOMEHOW) though the weakness if probably paradox as his hands were immobalzed from it
Oh yeah, i should have noted that. Even Dio himself was like "Are you kidding me rite now!?" when Jotaro healed himself because even after Dio achieved Heaven in his universe(this is an alternate Dio, everyone), he actually noted that SP and TWOH are one and the same stand.

And the weakness part should also be noted as that was the only thing Jotaro could have done in order to harm Dio. Anything else that happened be4 was practically useless.

Also, there is Brainwashing/Mind Control via a hard punch to the gut (looks like he calls out "The World Over Heaven!" Time Stops, he teleports to your fighting partner, punches them and teleports away with them), Time Travel/Sending others through time, Teleportation, Casts some lightning bolts.

But this is meaningless to the point were Tusk Act 4 and GER are pretty much useless against him....

Squid peanut said:
I'm mostly glad that we actually have a limit to GER so we don't have to deal with people saying it could nulify anything anymore!
An unquantifiable limit so it won't change much

This could just be DIO having a meta-acasual existence (which is sorta a thing)

KamiYasha said:
Also, there is Brainwashing/Mind Control via a hard punch to the gut (looks like he calls out "The World Over Heaven!" Time Stops, he teleports to your fighting partner, punches them and teleports away with them), Time Travel/Sending others through time, Teleportation, Casts some lightning bolts.
But this is meaningless to the point were Tusk Act 4 and GER are pretty much useless against him....
Oh, i forgot about those too.

CrossverseCrisis said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
Oh yeah, i should have noted that. Even Dio himself was like "Are you kidding me rite now!?" when Jotaro healed himself because even after Dio achieved Heaven in his universe(this is an alternate Dio, everyone), he actually noted that SP and TWOH are one and the same stand.
And the weakness part should also be noted as that was the only thing Jotaro could have done in order to harm Dio. Anything else that happened be4 was practically useless.
So it kinda shows that TWOH and SP are still on par apparently.....

so how will SP be tiered in terms like will it be SP or SPOH because of him having the same type of stand as TWOH

Yeah, from what I've seen, somewhere within 2-C with a lotta hax seems pretty good. He's probably got acausality, too. Which for a being of his level is pretty good.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
so how will SP be tiered in terms like will it be SP or SPOH because of him having the same type of stand as TWOH
I don't really know, tbh. SP only seemed to have the fast healing ability that TWOH possesed. It didn't actually evolved into it's own Heaven form either in the whole entire game.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Yeah, from what I've seen, somewhere within 2-C with a lotta hax seems pretty good. He's probably got acausality, too. Which for a being of his level is pretty good.
Alright. And it makes sense that Dio probably does have Acausality as Giorno's GER ability focuses on: the nullification of cause and effect.

CrossverseCrisis said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
I don't really know, tbh. SP only seemed to have the fast healing ability that TWOH possesed. It didn't actually evolved into it's own Heaven form either in the whole entire game.
True though he did survive attacks from TWOH thxs to those healings

Theory on DIO's GER resistance (idk what I'm doing here take it as you will)

In any fiction where the past is freely changeable (Doctor Who, for example) there must be a point before and after the past was changed. Obviously this can't make sense in normal time, so there must be a meta-time beyond normal time that has "pre" and "after" retcons in a linear fashion.

A "normal" acasual DIO should still be affected by GER, as GER limits a person's acasualty to a certain range within time (0 seconds), otherwise they wouldn't be trapped in the death loop.

I think DIO is acasual within meta-time, so even if GER makes him acasual the "pre" and "post" acasual retcon points on the meta-timeline won't have any affect on him.

LordXcano said:
In any fiction where the past is freely changeable (Doctor Who, for example) there must be a point before and after the past was changed. Obviously this can't make sense in normal time, so there must be a meta-time beyond normal time that has "pre" and "after" retcons in a linear fashion.

A "normal" acasual DIO should still be affected by GER, as GER limits a person's acasualty to a certain range within time (0 seconds), otherwise they wouldn't be trapped in the death loop.

I think DIO is acasual within meta-time, so even if GER makes him acasual the "pre" and "post" acasual retcon points on the meta-timeline won't have any affect on him.
that would make sense in a way i guess

TISSG7Redgrave said:
LordXcano said:

that would make sense in a way i guess
That could be the case. Basically when GioGio tried to use GER's ability, he and everyone were in Heaven Dio's dimension, so if this is true, GER should actually affect Dio if they were outside of it.

But if in the off chance it does not, then that literally makes Dio and TWOH truly superior to even GER itself.

"so if this is true, GER should actually affect Dio if they were outside of it."

Nooonoonoono, a dimension can't be meta-time, going back to before you made a retcon would be meta-time travel. This is more "GER can't affect him because he's only making the normal time DIO acasual"

Think of it like GER only affects the traditional 4D time while DIO can travel along 5D time (this doesn't make him 5D though)

LordXcano said:
"so if this is true, GER should actually affect Dio if they were outside of it."
Nooonoonoono, a dimension can't be meta-time, going back to before you made a retcon would be meta-time travel. This is more "GER can't affect him because he's only making the normal time DIO acasual"

Think of it like GER only affects the traditional 4D time while DIO can travel along 5D time (this doesn't make him 5D though)
Oh okay then, my bad.

Well, the relevant question seems to be whether or not this game is considered to be part of regular Jojo canon? Regardless, if I understand correctly, this was an alternative version of Dio, so he should get a separate profile, not be included into the main one.

I believe Cross mentioned making a seperate profile for him when I taked about it earlier with him, though I could easily be misremembering. Making Eraqus' profile was oddly time consuming for me.

Antvasima said:
Well, the relevant question seems to be whether or not this game is considered to be part of regular Jojo canon? Regardless, if I understand correctly, this was an alternative version of Dio, so he should get a separate profile, not be included into the main one.
Not sure if it's part of the main canon, but he was created by Araki.

Anyway, yeah, he'd obviously have his own profile.

Antvasima said:
Well the game broke off from the main storyline when Speedwagon showed up. That and fast-foward to the end of the story mode, and it showed a completely different timeline on all 8 parts of the main JoJo canon series.

So i proposed that just like how we have a seperate page for Noval Cars, we should have a separate page for EoH Dio.

Why are several people now using the same user image as LordAizenSama? It ends up somewhat confusing. Everybody should have their own distinctive user image to more easily keep them apart.

Antvasima said:
Why are several people now using the same user image as LordAizenSama? It ends up somewhat confusing. Everybody should have their own distinctive user image.
No idea, Ant. No idea.

Antvasima said:
Why are several people now using the same user image as LordAizenSama? It ends up somewhat confusing. Everybody should have their own distinctive user image to more easily keep them apart.
It's just a temporary joke.

I'd like to note that it isn't specified whether Araki created this version of Dio or not. Hell, we haven't even seen an official drawing of him by Araki and it looks nothing like his current style.

I did herad Johnny's Tusk Act 4 here that broke a shield that has the Dura of infinite universes and has hax spread over at muitlversal range. It seems Heaven Dio easlly beaten that and GER.

It might make him 2-A maybe? I think that Hevean Dio was taking people from other worlds and universes too. But the only we to know if the game comes out in the west or is subbed.

@Natse: Well you could be right on that, but it's been said that Araki actually made Heaven Dio specifically for the game.

@Undylan: Oh yeah. He could be but you have to remember that Johnny's stands ability is 2-A in hax just like how GER would be low 2-C in hax as well.

And Heaven Dio destory their hax like it was nothing.

So he's power be beyond there hax. So he is 2-A but i like to hear if other people here believe it too,

I could say he is now that you mention it but even then, he would only be 2-A in hax however. Add in that his The World Over Heaven is stronger than MiH and GER plus Tusk Act 4, he'd definitely be at least be above them greatly.

Back