• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MinatoSparkle

He/Him
I know a similar battle's been done before, but that was using Sick Itachi. So in this matchup we have Itachi with his edo feats but greater physical stats and limited stamina versus the six paths of Pain. Who wins?

Itachi: 7

Pain: 1

Inconclusive: 1

Speed unequalized, the battle takes place in a random forest with many trees but also clearings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Auf
Fresh but he still has the fully evolved Susanoo with the totsuka blade and yata mirror, and of course Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi.

Hmm this is really hard, I don't think tsukuyomi would work on any of them it'll only work on one so that wouldn't work, amaterasu can be countered with shinra tensei or the absorption path or even the resurrection path if one dies, Totsuka blade could work but it'd only work on one of the pains but that pain would be gone forever, yata mirror could be a problem but I don't really know how it works, itachi gets hurt really badly when he uses the mangekyo so he probably won't use it a lot. I think healthy itachi can fight chakra mode naruto who's a little stronger than sage mode who's comparable to pain so Itachi should have a slight upper hand. I think pain can out last him because he can absorb his jutsu, make tons of huge summons, revive dead paths, block attacks with shinra tensei, and the asura path is really strong, Itachi can mind hax but it'll only work on one so they can always save each other, and if worse comes to worst, CHIBAKU TENSEI GG.

Why wouldn't Tsukuyomi work? Genjutsu works on Pain. The Preta Path can be dealt with then Itachi can spam Amaterasu around. Also kcm Naruto is a lot stronger than Pain Arc SM Naruto. He said it himself.

Itachi has a lot of versatility as well. And if he uses chibaku tensei Itachi can use Amaterasu on the core, and since it keeps burning until the target is completely incinerated it'll work.

Pain FRA. How in the world can Amaterasu cancel Chibaku Tensei? It requires Itachi's Yasaka Magatama, Bee's Bijuu Bomb and Naruto's FRS to destroy the core.

We only saw sound based genjutsu works on the pains, but since the rinnegan is the evolution of the sharingan it must have a stronger resistance to genjutsu, I don't know if they can break out of tsukuyomi directly or not but it's notable, tsukuyomi will also only work on one target if they look into itachi's eyes so it'll only effect one pain and nagato should know about sharingan ocular based genjutsu to avoid that.
In the profile's edo itachi is at least mountain+ and pain is large mountain (which is wierd) but yeah I realized if itachi can get a well placed hit he can KO the pains like SM naruto. And I heard but I am not sure but apparently the less pains the stronger the rest or something, like how nagato without paths was far stronger than before so the AP gap should get smaller I guess.
Isn't chibaku a point of gravity why could it be destroyed with amaterasu? Pain could even do like what he did against 6 tails naruto when he retreated and then used it far away before naruto could do anything, he could do the same and besides he already used chibaku tensei on edo itachi and itachi could only break out with the help of bee and naruto and if pain uses it it'll be a last resort so itachi would be weakened by then from the manegkyo.

Pain FRA. How in the world can Amaterasu cancel Chibaku Tensei? It requires Itachi's Yasaka Magatama, Bee's Bijuu Bomb and Naruto's FRS to destroy the core.
bc it doesn't stop ever until it's destroyed its target.
We only saw sound based genjutsu works on the pains, but since the rinnegan is the evolution of the sharingan it must have a stronger resistance to genjutsu, I don't know if they can break out of tsukuyomi directly or not but it's notable, tsukuyomi will also only work on one target if they look into itachi's eyes so it'll only effect one pain and nagato should know about sharingan ocular based genjutsu to avoid that.
In the profile's edo itachi is at least mountain+ and pain is large mountain (which is wierd) but yeah I realized if itachi can get a well placed hit he can KO the pains like SM naruto. And I heard but I am not sure but apparently the less pains the stronger the rest or something, like how nagato without paths was far stronger than before so the AP gap should get smaller I guess.
Isn't chibaku a point of gravity why could it be destroyed with amaterasu? Pain could even do like what he did against 6 tails naruto when he retreated and then used it far away before naruto could do anything, he could do the same and besides he already used chibaku tensei on edo itachi and itachi could only break out with the help of bee and naruto and if pain uses it it'll be a last resort so itachi would be weakened by then from the manegkyo.
they don't have a real rinnegan, they have a rinnegan projected into their eyes, so it wouldn't have the same genjutsu resistance as Nagato's real pair. He might know how to avoid it, but Itachi's finesse with genjutsu is godlike.

It makes sense cause the chakra is more focused with less Pains.

The core can be destroyed and that collapses the chibaku tensei. Also if Pain tries retreating Itachi will get him because he's faster.

That is if it can even destroy it's target, like 3 powerful attacks by naruto bee and itachi was needed to destroy the core.

they don't have a real rinnegan, they have a rinnegan projected into their eyes, so it wouldn't have the same genjutsu resistance as Nagato's real pair. He might know how to avoid it, but Itachi's finesse with genjutsu is godlike.

It makes sense cause the chakra is more focused with less Pains.

The core can be destroyed and that collapses the chibaku tensei. Also if Pain tries retreating Itachi will get him because he's faster.
I didn't know that, but why wouldn't it still work if they link vision they should still have the same dojutsu power right? and it still only works on one path so it can be saved by the others.
Itachi may not even get the chance to destroy the core before it's completely covered and that's if he even thinks of using it like he didn't do the amaterasu when nagato used it against him and he needed naruto and bee to stop it. Other pains can hold itachi off, the summons one is good distraction, absorption path can stop amaterasu (It can even stop the amaterasu if itachi targets chibaku tensei), asura path is very strong and resurrection path can bring them back and all this while tendo retreats and uses chibaku tensei, and don't forget that itachi gets very hurt and tired when he uses susanoo and mangekyo in general, he may actually lose his sight if he spams it too much even if he has a fresh pair of mangekyo.

That is if it can even destroy it's target, like 3 powerful attacks by naruto bee and itachi was needed to destroy the core.

I didn't know that, but why wouldn't it still work if they link vision they should still have the same dojutsu power right? and it still only works on one path so it can be saved by the others.
Itachi may not even get the chance to destroy the core before it's completely covered and that's if he even thinks of using it like he didn't do the amaterasu when nagato used it against him and he needed naruto and bee to stop it. Other pains can hold itachi off, the summons one is good distraction, absorption path can stop amaterasu (It can even stop the amaterasu if itachi targets chibaku tensei), asura path is very strong and resurrection path can bring them back and all this while tendo retreats and uses chibaku tensei, and don't forget that itachi gets very hurt and tired when he uses susanoo and mangekyo in general, he may actually lose his sight if he spams it too much even if he has a fresh pair of mangekyo.
It completely oblitered the core, The attack didn't struggle to destory the core at all, so you can't say it takes an attack that powerful to destroy it. And don't underestimate Amaterasu. That stuff is POWERFUL.

Yes but the other Paths would have to go over to it and Itachi is very fast so he can take advantage of that moment.

He didn't use it because it's cooler to combine powers, and that's more guaranteed. Also Pain in character doesn't use chibaku tensei until pushed to one path. And he won't lose sight from one battle. It took Sasuke battles with the five kage and Kakashi before he started to lose sight.

Yes but that attack is undoubtedly more powerful than the amaterasu, and itachi won't be able to amaterasu the core if it's covered in stone especially when it'd catch on fire and he'd get pulled to it and risk putting himself on fire too. Itachi wouldn't be able to move properly because of the chibaku tensei either.
And what do you mean "because it's cooler" that's head canon asf and makes literally no sense in verse, and if itachi knew that amaterasu would destroy the core then why waste chakra with the susanoo bijudama and FRS? And itachi susanoo and mangekyo put great stress on his body so pain can outlast.

It is but that's not the minimum damage requried to destroy it. And do you really not think Amaterasu can quickly burn through some stones? Also yes he'd risk putting himself on fire but that's better than certaind death. He can also use Susanoo to make it less risky.

I mean that's probably Kishimoto's reason, or he didn't think of it.

And again, there's the fact that Itachi can catch the deva path before he even USES chibaku tensei.

Mangekyo itself doesn't hurt a lot, it's specifically using its abilities.

I really don't think Chibaku tensei is gonna come into play off bat, He likely doesn't know everything about itachi so amaterasu kills the paths except maybe the absorption path but he can just kill that one himself. Also isn't itachi faster as healthy? He just hits them all with amaterasu before they can properly dodge his sight.

All the paths fight in a formation, Amaterasu can be countered with shinra tensei, the absorption path, and the resurrection path can save any path that gets killed. Also amaterasu ***** itachi up so he won't be spamming it a lot.

I really don't think Chibaku tensei is gonna come into play off bat, He likely doesn't know everything about itachi so amaterasu kills the paths except maybe the absorption path but he can just kill that one himself. Also isn't itachi faster as healthy? He just hits them all with amaterasu before they can properly dodge his sight.
Same. And I agree Amaterasu could be very helpful. The preta path hasn't shown the speed feats to go in front of Amaterasu before it kills some of the Paths. And yes he's at least subrelativisitic considering he was doing most of the work in the fight against Kabuto and EMS Sasuke is subrel with Rel reactions versus Pain only being Massively Hypersonic+, and could even be outsped by other MHS+ characters like SM Jiraiya and Naruto at times. Though I don't think he could get ALL of them with Amaterasu. At the vey least the Deva Path could use Shinra Tensei like Nagato did.
All the paths fight in a formation, Amaterasu can be countered with shinra tensei, the absorption path, and the resurrection path can save any path that gets killed. Also amaterasu ***** itachi up so he won't be spamming it a lot.
They don't always fight in a formation. Also what if Itachi gets the naraka path with amaterasu. And yeah it makes his eye bleed but while healthy it won't be as bad, and even against Sasuke while near dead and blind he pretty much lit the whole Uchiha hideout on fire.

Same. And I agree Amaterasu could be very helpful. The preta path hasn't shown the speed feats to go in front of Amaterasu before it kills some of the Paths. And yes he's at least subrelativisitic considering he was doing most of the work in the fight against Kabuto and EMS Sasuke is subrel with Rel reactions versus Pain only being Massively Hypersonic+, and could even be outsped by other MHS+ characters like SM Jiraiya and Naruto at times. Though I don't think he could get ALL of them with Amaterasu. At the vey least the Deva Path could use Shinra Tensei like Nagato did.
I'm more so referring to him spreading it across them before they could react to it. Only ones that could survive are preta and deva. The rest get destroyed, and having those destroyed limit any other tactics they could have. Preta may be able to absorb totsuka blade and Shinra tensei can neg it but other wise I think Itachi can move in faster than they can react properly and just hit them with a fire ball jutsu or fire Shuriken jutsu.

They always fight in formation or at least start in it, amaterasu can hit the paths that can't survive it but the absorption path can absorb it to save them and the resurrection path can save them or revive them.

I'm more so referring to him spreading it across them before they could react to it. Only ones that could survive are preta and deva. The rest get destroyed, and having those destroyed limit any other tactics they could have. Preta may be able to absorb totsuka blade and Shinra tensei can neg it but other wise I think Itachi can move in faster than they can react properly and just hit them with a fire ball jutsu or fire Shuriken jutsu.
Quite possibly. We don't know how fast Healthy Itachi can spread the flames of Amaterasu but that's definitely possible.
They always fight in formation or at least start in it, amaterasu can hit the paths that can't survive it but the absorption path can absorb it to save them and the resurrection path can save them or revive them.
And like I said what if Itachi hits the Naraka path. And it'll definitely thin the numbers out making Itachi less pressured at the very least. If Naraka survives and starts reviving, Itachi will know to aim for him immediately.

Yea imma just vote for itachi, Ama negs most of the paths, Susanoo can tank shinra tensei.
I disagree, if itachi uses amaterasu against any of the paths except resurrection path then they'll just be revived and the absorption path will just absorb the amaterasu of any other targeted pain, and itachi cannot chain amaterasu it takes a huge toll on him so he won't be spamming it consecutively. The susanoo is very strong so pains only choice is to either wear itachi out before he figures out the pains abilities or chibaku tensei. I don't know how itachi knew about chibaku tenseis core weakness but it won't really make a difference since I don't think he'll have enough time to destroy it before it gets too big and he also wouldn't be strong enough since to destroy the core they needed RS from kcm naruto, bijuu bomb from bee and susanoo from itachi so yeah itachi gets sealed in the planetoid.

I disagree, if itachi uses amaterasu against any of the paths except resurrection path then they'll just be revived and the absorption path will just absorb the amaterasu of any other targeted pain, and itachi cannot chain amaterasu it takes a huge toll on him so he won't be spamming it consecutively. The susanoo is very strong so pains only choice is to either wear itachi out before he figures out the pains abilities or chibaku tensei. I don't know how itachi knew about chibaku tenseis core weakness but it won't really make a difference since I don't think he'll have enough time to destroy it before it gets too big and he also wouldn't be strong enough since to destroy the core they needed RS from kcm naruto, bijuu bomb from bee and susanoo from itachi so yeah itachi gets sealed in the planetoid.
I brought this up before, But itachi can literally spread amaterasu around the battlefield, and your entire "takes a huge toll on him" is only ever witnessed with a sick itachi not a healthy one so it's unclear if it will tire him out. Also even a sick itachi can create large amounts of amaterasu and then also use his susanoo. A healthy itachi would do this all with much more efficiency than a sick one.

Healthy itachi is also faster than Pain, he'll launch ama before pain has the time to react properly

I brought this up before, But itachi can literally spread amaterasu around the battlefield, and your entire "takes a huge toll on him" is only ever witnessed with a sick itachi not a healthy one so it's unclear if it will tire him out. Also even a sick itachi can create large amounts of amaterasu and then also use his susanoo. A healthy itachi would do this all with much more efficiency than a sick one.
Sure but the paths work in formation so they can save each other immediately. Itachi's use of amaterasu should be like sasuke, when sasuke and even he uses the amaterasu their eyes start bleeding and they start experiencing pain in their eyes and cannot spam it, and you claiming that sick itachi can do all those amaterasu and susanoo is crazy because you know what that led to? Itachi DIED after doing all that, the only difference in this he doesn't have kidney failure and heart disease. Edit: Susanoo also strains the body and is stated to give excrutiating pain to the user.
Healthy itachi is also faster than Pain, he'll launch ama before pain has the time to react properly
If the amaterasu hit them then they just counter it with their abilities they don't need to react.

Sure but the paths work in formation so they can save each other immediately. Itachi's use of amaterasu should be like sasuke, when sasuke and even he uses the amaterasu their eyes start bleeding and they start experiencing pain in their eyes and cannot spam it, and you claiming that sick itachi can do all those amaterasu and susanoo is crazy because you know what that led to? Itachi DIED after doing all that, the only difference in this he doesn't have kidney failure and heart disease. Edit: Susanoo also strains the body and is stated to give excrutiating pain to the user.

If the amaterasu hit them then they just counter it with their abilities they don't need to react.
Only two abilities can actually counterl it, Shinra tensei and the absorption. rest get destroyed. Sasuke still used it multiple times. My whole point is that one hit from it will destroy the paths since most are extremely weak and again itachi is faster than them their formation wont matter if none of them can keep up with him, if anything if they get in formation it'll be easier to hit them all with amaterasu.

Only two abilities can actually counterl it, Shinra tensei and the absorption. rest get destroyed. Sasuke still used it multiple times. My whole point is that one hit from it will destroy the paths since most are extremely weak and again itachi is faster than them their formation wont matter if none of them can keep up with him, if anything if they get in formation it'll be easier to hit them all with amaterasu.
Amaterasu takes time to destroy you know it isn't boom instant, it took like hours to burn a forest and bee was burning for a WHILE before being defeated, sasuke got hit by it and survived and karin didn't get vaporized instantly it actually was on her for a good bit until sasuke saved her, same concept here, the absoption path just absorbs it all and if the absorption path dies then the resurrection path brings him back. And it isn't like they have a path that can summon animals to keep itachi busy, those multiplying dogs are surprisingly big trouble for itachi.

Amaterasu takes time to destroy you know it isn't boom instant, it took like hours to burn a forest and bee was burning for a WHILE before being defeated, sasuke got hit by it and survived and karin didn't get vaporized instantly it actually was on her for a good bit until sasuke saved her, same concept here, the absoption path just absorbs it all and if the absorption path dies then the resurrection path brings him back. And it isn't like they have a path that can summon animals to keep itachi busy, those multiplying dogs are surprisingly big trouble for itachi.
The summons get sealed by the totska blade, Amaterasu doesn't take "time to destroy" it just continuously destroys the target, Bee also got hurt by it. My point is that weak characters get destroyed by it, the paths are weak they get beat by it. Itachi can also destroy them one by one on his own given his speed and his jutsus.

I agree except it would take some toll on him still considering MS Sasuke's pain after using it.
literally amaterasu is the hardest direct counter to the multi headed dog there ever was. And are you forgetting that Konohomaru's rasengan one shot a path? Do you really think Healthy Itachi's Amaterasu isn't stronger than that? The only paths that would last any meaningful amount of time against amaterasu are the asura path cause he's durable the deva path cause almighty push and the preta path for obvious reasons. The others are being killed instantly, including the naraka path.
The summons get sealed by the totska blade, Amaterasu doesn't take "time to destroy" it just continuously destroys the target, Bee also got hurt by it. My point is that weak characters get destroyed by it, the paths are weak they get beat by it. Itachi can also destroy them one by one on his own given his speed and his jutsus.
Yeah I could see a flurry of flame enhanced shuriken taking out a few of the weaker paths.

image0.png

image1.png

Like, this was a weak sick Itachi who could spread it like this and then afterwards was able to throw up his susanoo and fight Hydra orochimaru. Healthy Itachi>Sick Itachi right? So healthy itachi shouldn't have the same amount of fatigue as sick so I just don't see why Healthy Itachi could not do this same feat on the paths and also throw up his susanoo to kill the paths in a better manner.
Also I think given the opportunity Pain will drop all paths to focus power on Deva to actually do any major attacks on itachi.
So really I think Itachi won't even need to push himself to beat all 6 (even though it'd be easy) he'd just go for the deva once pain dropped the others.

Itachi takes this for many reasons.

For starters, Genjutsu is perfectly viable in this battle. Nagato does NOT have Genjutsu resistance. It's not on his profile to begin with, and is not supported by the series. To resist Tsukuyomi, you need a Sharingan and a Kekkei Genkai, Nagato possesses neither. Itachi also has Ephemeral, which doesn't even require eye contact to begin with.
Interestingly, the Paths share the same field of vision, so if one falls for Tsukuyomi, there's a possibility that they all will, but I digress. This isn't necessary for Itachi to win this. Tsukuyomi only needs to claim one or two victims, and his other Jutsu will do the rest.

Amaterasu is literally the perfect counter for all the summons, and the Animal Path itself. He incapacitated the dog summon with it before, and even Nagato himself, who's far stronger than any of the Paths. Healthy Itachi would be able to use far more than when he was literally dying of a terminal illness, extremely fatigued from his battle with Sasuke, and nearing blindness. Even then he managed to spread it over a very large surface area, so targeting the Paths, especially when they usually stick together won't that difficult. The only two Paths who can do anything about it are the Deva and Preta Paths respectively, but even they can suffer some damage before dispersing it with ST or absorbing it. Since Itachi likely won't let the Naraka Path survive for long, the rest will be easy pickings from there. Amaterasu is impossible to avoid for them, especially in a speed equalized battle like this one, where Itachi's sharingan precog and enhanced sight will give him the edge in combat speed.

The Susano'o scales above all the Paths, AP wise, with the only technique in their possession that can potentially overpower it being Chibaku Tensei. The problem is that it's not in character for Pain to start with CT. It's a literal last resort that only comes up when he's completely cornered, and even then I think the battle will be over long before that ever happens.

Itachi can also attack and use his other Jutsu while he has his Susano'o activated, as we've seen in the fight against Nagato. He'll be throwing Shuriken and Katons around, and he'll also have access to his crows, genjustu, and Amaterasu to fall back on from within the safety of his Susano'o.

Of course I don't need to mention that the Totsuka Blade is a one-shot once it lands, and there's nothing they can really do about it. He can fire it off from quite a fair distance away as he did against both Orochimaru and Nagato. Itachi always uses it when his opponents are off-guard, too, to minimize their chances of escape. So he'll wait until he creates an opening before using it. His Yasaka Magatama are also capable of one-shotting any of the paths, and he can fire them off from a safe distance to have the maximum effect.

His intelligence will allow him to figure out most of Pain's abilities in mere minutes, as he's done as an Edo Tensei. His analytical skills are second to none, and will ensure that he spots openings to exploit. He doesn't fire off his Jutsu haphazardly, and will only use them when he knows they have a higher chance of landing. He's not stupid, and won't waste chakra.

Finally, I'd like to point out that Itachi's stamina is not nearly as bad as people seem to think. His battle with Sasuke perfectly highlights this:
  • He first had a sparring match with Kisame.
  • Then had a genjutsu battle with Sasuke.
  • Then used Tsukuyomi.
  • Then had a Taijustu battle, before they exchanged several Jutsu.
  • Then he used Amaterasu and covered an absolutely massive area with it. Easily hundreds of meters.
  • He then activated Susano'o to survive Kirin.
  • Then activated it again in order to seal away Hydra Orochimaru.
I genuinely don't understand how you can look at all that and say he has terrible stamina. Keep in mind that, again, he was dying from his illness and likely in great pain the whole time, he was suffering from the after effects of using the Mangekyo and was nearly blind, he was drained from firing off so many Jutsu that require a lot of chakra, and he was fatigued and injured from the battle. Obviously a healthy, fresh, Itachi won't have nearly as many disadvantages, so his stamina will hold up just fine.

Last edited:
Itachi takes this for many reasons.

For starters, Genjutsu is perfectly viable in this battle. Nagato does NOT have Genjutsu resistance. It's not on his profile to begin with, and is not supported by the series. To resist Tsukuyomi, you need a Sharingan and a Kekkei Genkai, Nagato possesses neither. Itachi also has Ephemeral, which doesn't even require eye contact to begin with.
Interestingly, the Paths share the same field of vision, so if one falls for Tsukuyomi, there's a possibility that they all will, but I digress. This isn't necessary for Itachi to win this. Tsukuyomi only needs to claim one or two victims, and his other Jutsu will do the rest.

Amaterasu is literally the perfect counter for all the summons, and the Animal Path itself. He incapacitated the dog summon with it before, and even Nagato himself, who's far stronger than any of the Paths. Healthy Itachi would be able to use far more than when he was literally dying of a terminal illness, extremely fatigued from his battle with Sasuke, and nearing blindness. Even then he managed to spread it over a very large surface area, so targeting the Paths, especially when they usually stick together won't that difficult. The only two Paths who can do anything about it are the Deva and Preta Paths respectively, but even they can suffer some damage before dispersing it with ST or absorbing it. Since Itachi likely won't let the Naraka Path survive for long, the rest will be easy pickings from there. Amaterasu is impossible to avoid for them, especially in a speed equalized battle like this one, where Itachi's sharingan precog and enhanced sight will give him the edge in combat speed.

The Susano'o scales above all the Paths, AP wise, with the only technique in their possession that can potentially overpower it being Chibaku Tensei. The problem is that it's not in character for Pain to start with CT. It's a literal last resort that only comes up when he's completely cornered, and even then I think the battle will be over long before that ever happens.

Itachi can also attack and use his other Jutsu while he has his Susano'o activated, as we've seen in the fight against Nagato. He'll be throwing Shuriken and Katons around, and he'll also have access to his crows, genjustu, and Amaterasu to fall back on from within the safety of his Susano'o.

Of course I don't need to mention that the Totsuka Blade is a one-shot once it lands, and there's nothing they can really do about it. He can fire it off from quite a fair distance away as he did against both Orochimaru and Nagato. Itachi always uses it when his opponents are off-guard, too, to minimize their chances of escape. So he'll wait until he creates an opening before using it. His Yasaka Magatama are also capable of one-shotting any of the paths, and he can fire them off from a safe distance to have the maximum effect.

His intelligence will allow him to figure out most of Pain's abilities in mere minutes, as he's done as an Edo Tensei. His analytical skills are second to none, and will ensure that he spots openings to exploit. He doesn't fire off his Jutsu haphazardly, and will only use them when he knows they have a higher chance of landing. He's not stupid, and won't waste chakra.

Finally, I'd like to point out that Itachi's stamina is not nearly as bad as people seem to think. His battle with Sasuke perfectly highlights this:
  • He first had a sparring match with Kisame.
  • Then had a genjutsu battle with Sasuke.
  • Then used Tsukuyomi.
  • Then had a Taijustu battle, before they exchanged several Jutsu.
  • Then he used Amaterasu and covered an absolutely massive area with it. Easily hundreds of meters.
  • He then activated Susano'o to survive Kirin.
  • Then activated it again in order to seal away Hydra Orochimaru.
I genuinely don't understand how you can look at all that and say he has terrible stamina. Keep in mind that, again, he was dying from his illness and likely in great pain the whole time, he was suffering from the after effects of using the Mangekyo and was nearly blind, he was drained from firing off so many Jutsu that require a lot of chakra, and he was fatigued and injured from the battle. Obviously a healthy, fresh, Itachi won't have nearly as many disadvantages, so his stamina will hold up just fine.
I agree except on a few points. First of all, I said speed UNequalized, though I suppose that actually works out even better for Itachi since with 3 tomoe and while weakened, he could keep up with kcm Naruto.

Second, I don't think Tsukuyomi would actually work against them. Like they could be trapped but I'm not sure if it would take them out. After all, when Ibiki used his mutual pain genjutsu on the animal path, the animal path wasn't affected at all since she was just a corpse with chakra. The worst it would do is show Nagato the nightmarish images, but probably not the actual pain of swords plunging into him.

Finally, and this is more debatable, I don't know if Itachi's analytical skills are second to NONE. He's certainly one of the best tacticians, but some people rival him like Minato (made Kamui look cute within minutes), Tobirama (was an instrumental straategist in the Juubito fight), Kakashi (just generally a great strategist), and Shikamaru (he breaks down the abilities of literally every opponent he fights). Even Sasuke got pretty close in his fights against Deidara Danzo and Six Paths Madara.

I agree except on a few points. First of all, I said speed UNequalized, though I suppose that actually works out even better for Itachi since with 3 tomoe and while weakened, he could keep up with kcm Naruto.
My bad, I didn't notice. Though like you said it doesn't really matter much since Itachi is at least as fast as Pain, if not a bit faster. The point about the Sharingan's visual perks still stands as well.
Second, I don't think Tsukuyomi would actually work against them. Like they could be trapped but I'm not sure if it would take them out. After all, when Ibiki used his mutual pain genjutsu on the animal path, the animal path wasn't affected at all since she was just a corpse with chakra. The worst it would do is show Nagato the nightmarish images, but probably not the actual pain of swords plunging into him.
Tsukuyomi doesn't only show illusions, break minds, and control minds; it can also paralyze opponents, which we know Pain is susceptible to due to falling for Jiraiya's Jutsu.
The Animal Path example doesn't work all that well since it wasn't being controlled by Nagato anymore, so it was literally just a corpse.
Finally, and this is more debatable, I don't know if Itachi's analytical skills are second to NONE. He's certainly one of the best tacticians, but some people rival him like Minato (made Kamui look cute within minutes), Tobirama (was an instrumental straategist in the Juubito fight), Kakashi (just generally a great strategist), and Shikamaru (he breaks down the abilities of literally every opponent he fights). Even Sasuke got pretty close in his fights against Deidara Danzo and Six Paths Madara.
Yeah, it's debatable and somewhat subjective I suppose. I think we can both at least agree that Itachi's top 3 though, yes? And he has proven himself especially capable against the Rinnegan's abilities in particular, so yeah.

My bad, I didn't notice. Though like you said it doesn't really matter much since Itachi is at least as fast as Pain, if not a bit faster. The point about the Sharingan's visual perks still stands as well.

Tsukuyomi doesn't only show illusions, break minds, and control minds; it can also paralyze opponents, which we know Pain is susceptible to due to falling for Jiraiya's Jutsu.
The Animal Path example doesn't work all that well since it wasn't being controlled by Nagato anymore, so it was literally just a corpse.

Yeah, it's debatable and somewhat subjective I suppose. I think we can both at least agree that Itachi's top 3 though, yes? And he has proven himself especially capable against the Rinnegan's abilities in particular, so yeah.
agreed

Doesn't it paralyze via the trauma induced by the illusions?

wdym

probably

Doesn't it paralyze via the trauma induced by the illusions?
No, the trauma just destroys minds, and causes people to either collapse or outright have a mental breakdown/die. The paralysis thing is just a byproduct of most genjutsu while they're active. The victim simply doesn't move while they're affected, as a side effect.
There's numerous other examples of this, but I'm sure you get the idea.
I think I misunderstood your example. You're talking about the anime-only scene where Ibiki tries to put the Animal Path into a torture chamber, right? Well, there's still several problems with it. First off, it's anime-only I'm pretty sure. Secondly, it's only relevant effect was causing physical pain for torture, which Pain would be immune to due to being a corpse, obviously. Finally, that technique is not even a genjutsu lol. It's a summoning Jutsu, meaning the effects are physical not mental, and says nothing towards Pain's genjutsu resistance.

No, the trauma just destroys minds, and causes people to either collapse or outright have a mental breakdown/die. The paralysis thing is just a byproduct of most genjutsu while they're active. The victim simply doesn't move while they're affected, as a side effect.
There's numerous other examples of this, but I'm sure you get the idea.

I think I misunderstood your example. You're talking about the anime-only scene where Ibiki tries to put the Animal Path into a torture chamber, right? Well, there's still several problems with it. First off, it's anime-only I'm pretty sure. Secondly, it's only relevant effect was causing physical pain for torture, which Pain would be immune to due to being a corpse, obviously. Finally, that technique is not even a genjutsu lol. It's a summoning Jutsu, meaning the effects are physical not mental, and says nothing towards Pain's genjutsu resistance.
oh that's what you mean. Well it's irrelevant in this case since Tsukuyomi lasts a picosecond, so that's not enough time to attack really.

Oh I thought it was the manga too. And yeah Tsukuyomi's main thing is making you think you're experienencing physical pain, so Pain would be imune to that. And are you sure that's not a genjutsu? Sure looked like one.

oh that's what you mean. Well it's irrelevant in this case since Tsukuyomi lasts a picosecond, so that's not enough time to attack really.
Itachi can control the time dilation however he likes, and Tsukuyomi isn't his only genjutsu anyway. He has many others that can easily incapacitate.
Oh I thought it was the manga too. And yeah Tsukuyomi's main thing is making you think you're experienencing physical pain, so Pain would be imune to that. And are you sure that's not a genjutsu? Sure looked like one.
No, it's strictly mental. The mental damage just happens to affect some people physically.
But yeah, nah, it was anime only and was not a genjutsu surprisingly enough lol.

Back