• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hazbin Hotel Discussion Thread

I think demons need to hide so that they won't get killed. That's why at the beginning of the episode everyone is hiding in their homes until the end of the extermination.

Spartan1204 said:
I think demons need to hide so that they won't get killed. That's why at the beginning of the episode everyone is hiding in their homes until the end of the extermination.
That won't work unless they put lamb's blood on their doors.

I wonder who will be the main antagonist of the series. They said he/she will be introduced in episode 2. I also wonder how all of the characters briefly shown in the intro sequence will play a role in the series. All of them look like more serious kingpins than Cherri Bomb and Sir Pretentious, maybe Alastor level.

Well of those Demons briefly shown is Vox who is said to be one of the major antagonist. With that, him being a TV demon and that he and Al dislike each other we can expect there will likely be a fight between the two later in the series.

MugenRyu said:
Well of those Demons briefly shown is Vox who is said to be one of the major antagonist. With that, him being a TV demon and that he and Al dislike each other we can expect there will likely be a fight between the two later in the series.
Vox is gonna curbstomp Alastor but then there's going to be an Internet Demon that curbstomps Vox

So, after watching the pilot again. The Minion knockoffs are still really annoying, and the comedy isn't doing anything for me (although I did almost laugh a couple times). But...I did enjoy it more. It went from hatred to moreso just "eh, it was okay." I guess I just became indifferent to the stuff I hated the first time around.

Yeah, imo you almost have to watch the pilot multiple times just to notice everything thats happening especially all the background stuff.

Perhaps, although sometimes the background stuff comes at you so fast that it's really hard to process.

And some of the things from my initial watchthrough haven't changed.

The air horn is still really cringy.

I mean

The air horn is actually very fitting with sir pentious' character, in-lore he's old fashioned but he tries to fit in with modern era demons by doing things like carrying around around a skateboard and trying to be cool, so the air horn can likely be seen as him trying and failing to be 'hip'

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean
The air horn is actually very fitting with sir pentious' character, in-store he's old fashioned but he tries to fit in with modern era demons by doing things like carrying around around a skateboard and trying to be cool, so the air horn can likely be seen as him trying and failing to be 'hip'
Pentious confirmed for boomer ovo

That theory makes sense...but the air horn happens after the characters roast Pentious.

If he was the one who was trying to roast them, and then the air horn played, then that would complete the joke. But the fact it plays when the characters who aren't Pentious are roasting him just makes it feel really out of place.

So, I have two questions from the pilot that I couldn't find answers for, what did vaggie do to wind up in hell, I could find information on alastor and angel dust but i still don't know what happened to vaggie to land her in hell. Im guessing her temper probably lead her to do something particularly bad but I haven't found anything on that.

More on redemption...If it's actually possible how does it work? How good does someone have to be? More if it is possible why heck is charlie still in hell? I know she's the daughter of the king of hell but she's also the least demon, demon, to ever have demoned. Heck doomslayer would probably struggle to convince himself to pull the trigger on her peppy ass. Her literal goal is to save souls and help people become better then they are so she doesn't have to watch them die off every year, you don't get much better then that on the scale of good and evil.

Now maybe it's a matter of her not wanting to leave hell or being royalty or something but I'd be interested in the answer and Id like to see it addressed.

1) Im guessing it simply hasnt been expanded upon yet but it is likely due to her obviously bad temper.

2) Ill only go into the "Why is Charlie in hell" part, im guessing its since she is a true demon, she didnt die and go to hell she was born there, so she likely cant be redeemed into heaven even if shes good I guess.

Yeah I figured it's her temper I only asked because there is information on alastor and angel dust but nothing I could find on vaggie was wondering if anyone else knew anything

That is one of my guess as well but im left thinking sorta a jerk move god, if anyone deserves a chance to leave hell it's probably pure blooded demons like charlie, who you know haven't done anything wrong to wind up there.

Id get it if charlie were acting like other demons, selfish, uncaring ect, but she seems to be a legitimately good person whose dedicating herself to helping others. So it strikes me as bizarre she'd be disallowed a chance at redemption because she was born a demon. (then again even the name redemption doesn't really work in context with charlie, she hasn't done anything wrong that she needs to redeem herself for) I mean afaik she's done nothing wrong in her life and is actively trying to do good things, just seems off to me. Then again I sorta doubt charlie would leave if the chance was offered, she seems to dedicated to trying to help others...

iirc theres the implication that she was abused by a man/men in her lifetime and she ended up snapping and murdering her abuser(s)

The pen or the sword said:
That would fit, and it's actually and idea I suspected though is it fully confirmed or just implied? Either way thanks.
I think its more implied, Angel Dust did comment about her mistrust of Men so that could have been a sort of hint to it.

I didn't really like Helluva Boss to be honest. It's not of poor quality or anything, but quite literally everything in it was either something I'm not interested in or something I actively disliked. It was quite a weird experience after really liking Hazbin.

Back