• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Resistance via Power level

Sniper670

He/Him
Character A is tier 4 and has 5 layers of soul hax. Character B is tier 2 and although he doesn't have layered resistances, in his verse, their power level equates to his soul hax resistance, meaning you'd have to be tier 2 to hax him. Would he be able to resist Character A hax

Character A is tier 4 and has 5 layers of soul hax. Character B is tier 2 and although he doesn't have layered resistances, in his verse, their power level equates to his soul hax resistance, meaning you'd have to be tier 2 to hax him. Would he be able to resist Character A hax
I think u would still need to know how many layers char B resisted inverse

It feels like you answered your question when you gave a scenario and explained you have to be tier 2 to hax him.

If in a verse, it's made explicitly clear that superior power mitigates hax, then yes, the higher tier character should resist the hax of the lower tier one. As redundant as that is.

I mean yeah, B would resist A as you've already explained. Granted, this would mean any character with far higher AP would ignore A's hax though.

However, if the other character is from another verse where hax functions normally, then the lower tier character would still affect the tier 2 character unless he has resistance. The reason being the other character wouldn't be bound by the same limited rules where hax function worse (i.e. inferior hax that only work on characters of comparable power). But if they're from the same verse, same thing as everyone else has been saying. The other character would resist it.

Not really. That's just the nature of the characters in the verse. Not necessarily inferior hax or specific rules.

The stronger they are, the higher their resistances.

I mean, that sort of depends. If it's strictly just raw power and not some verse-specific energy system doing so then I dunno why other verses wouldn't resist via verse equalization.

Not really. That's just the nature of the characters in the verse. Not necessarily inferior hax or specific rules.

The stronger they are, the higher their resistances.
That would be inferior hax. Hax by default/normally are meant to completely overcome huge gaps and negate durability. So if it's not capable of its main function and is only effective on equals or comparable characters in said verse (Take most of the hax from Dragon Ball for example), that doesn't mean they'll resist said hax from characters in other verses where hax's are shown to work normally and work regardless of the conditions unless the target has a resistance or has higher dimensional existence.

Bare in mind, inferior hax doesn't mean worse/bad hax. It's just inferior relative to normal hax's function since it's more limiting than plain hax.

How do I even explain this

It's not limiting. They simply negate hax with power level. Hax resistances and everything else scales relative to how much stronger they are to their opponent

Let's use Absolute Zero
Character can AZ anyone but it won't work on those stronger than him in the verse, because their hax resistances has scaled to their strength

Yes, Outside the verse, AZ will still fodderized anyone who doesn't resist.

If the character actually showcased that resistance without the need of having superior power, and that said resistance scales with power, then I guess it's not limiting? But if the resisting of hax comes solely from having superior AP (I.e. like in Dragon Ball), then it would be inferior hax. Resistances don't just "scale with power". That makes no sense at all. The story said example comes from would essentially be saying "Since I can destroy planets with a punch and they can't, I can't be affected by them warping reality or freezing me for... reasons?" that's just limited hax.

If they were already established to have a resistance, like for example, someone was injected with poison, but endured it, and it was stated their resistance to poisons increased with their strength, that would be a bit different. A little weird, but works.

Back