• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hawks (MHA) vs Ozai (Avatar)

Hawks has an advantage with more flexibility and versatility with his feathers (that also resist fire) so... I guess my vote is on him (Not much to say tbh, it seems a pretty straight forward fight lol)

Hawks doesn't resist fire, though. Or at least it isn't on his profile.

Meanwhile Ozai can match Hawks in the sky, has AoE fire blasts that can match and counter Hawkes' feather spam, can match Hawkes in the air, and can also use lightning for more direct, percise attacks whose arcing movement will make it hard for Hawkes to maneuver around. Not to mention Ozai is one of the more skilled firebenders in the Nation, and can has martial arts that would put Hawkes to shame should they go into CQC.

Also Ozai should have a somewhat decent AP advantage considering his feat was casual; while Hawkes just scales slightly above his feat.

IMO Ozai takes this with medium difficulty. Hawkes is practically fighting against a more versatile and skilled Endeavor.

Hawks' feathers can withstand the heat of Endeavor's flames, which are much stronger than Ozai's. His feathers can also harm High-End, who can take his own attacks without injuring himself.

Therefir said:
Endeavor's flames, which are much stronger than Ozai's
That's debatable, considering Ozai's 8-B feat was just him flexing his fire-based powers and not trying to seriously harm someone. Actually scratch that, I read his dura.

And Hawkes still has to deal with Ozai's lightining as well.

Endeavor's flames can disintegrate someone who was unharmed by a 46-ton attack, that's much higher than anything Ozai has shown.

Besides, Ozai wasn't really casual, it took him a few seconds to make that attack.

Therefir said:
it took him a few seconds to make that attack.
That's more him just showing off rather than it actually taking him concentrated effort to do the feat; but I got the memo from the durability.

Hawkes still has to deal with Ozai's lightning which arcs in different directions before hitting targets and can be used percisely, and Ozai's fire can still deal significant damage considering it's AoE, meaning he would be hard-pressed to block them at all angles. Playing defensively would also allow Ozai to close distance and CQC him with greater skill. Ozai is just as, if not more mobile than Hawks in the air, and his attacks might not destroy his feathers, but they could likely push back his projectile feathers, which don't scale in AP to Endeavor's feat.

Hawks could easily use his feathers to attack Ozai in all directions, a single feather in his throat or head would be enough to kill him, and I doubt his fire can stop such tiny feathers that can pierce High-End arm.

The AOE of Ozai's attacks will play against him, since Hawks' large wings could completely cover him from his fire and electricity attacks.

Therefir said:
Hawks could easily use his feathers to attack Ozai in all directions, a single feather in his throat or head would be enough to kill him, and I doubt his fire can stop such tiny feathers that can pierce High-End arm.
The AOE of Ozai's attacks will play against him, since Hawks' large wings could completely cover him from his fire and electricity attacks.
I strongly doubt the feathers wouldn't be pushed back by the force of Ozai's AOE fireblasts. Sure, they wouldn't be destroyed, but Ozai just needs to meet them with an equal or greater force to slow or stop them. And you can just attribute piercing High-End to, well, piercing damage. Keep in mind Hawks just scales above a 20 Ton feat via piercing damage while Ozai is 22 Tons through flexing his fire bending.

Not really? I don't see how Hawks can protect himself in all directions as he'll be enveloped in flames. And playing defensive for too long would just let Ozai get into close-range and own in him hand to hand combat. Ozai can pinpoint openings with lightning shots, and the arcing movement of it would make blocking it even with speed equal extremely difficult.

Hawks' feathers can go through Endeavor's flames without getting blow away, so that point is invalid. High-End is 46 tons in AP and durability, Hawks' feathers are scaling from that.

Closing the distance with Hawks would be very difficult considering he has better mobility with his wings, which he can control with his mind, while Ozai needs to use his fire to change direction.

Also, can Ozai actually hurt 8-B people with his punches?

Therefir said:
Hawks' feathers can go through Endeavor's flames without getting blow away, so that point is invalid. High-End is 46 tons in AP and durability, Hawks' feathers are scaling from that.
Could you link that? Was Endeavor actively trying to push them away? And assuming what you say is correct, wouldn't that make them 8-B+ instead of 8-B, considering they would need a force comparable to Endeavor's flames for them not to be blown away? Regardless it doesn't prevent Hawks from getting hit with AoE fires and lightning.

Therefir said:
Closing the distance with Hawks would be very difficult considering he has better mobility with his wings, which he can control with his mind, while Ozai needs to use his fire to change direction.
I mean, Ozai's fire-based flight let him evade a crapton of attacks from an avatar state Aang, and he can change direction and momentum rather easily. It's not like the bending takes more than one motion for it to activate.

Therefir said:
Also, can Ozai actually hurt 8-B people with his punches?
He can enhance his punches with firebending, so yeah.

I'm not sure how not being blow away by the fire would mean you can scale from it.

Anyway, since Ozai cannot stop Hawks' feathers, he will be impaled by hundreds of them, unable to stop them or much less destroy them, while for Hawks it is much easier to dodge Ozai's fire and electricity, and he can even use his wings to cover himself.

Therefir said:
I'm not sure how not being blow away by the fire would mean you can scale from it.
If Endeavor was actually trying to block or push them away, yes, they should scale.

If he wasn't and they just went though flames that weren't directed at them, they shouldn't scale and Ozai should be just fine using his fire bending to push them away.

Which is why I'd like a link to it, so I can see the context and better determine if the feathers actually go through.

The electricity would be difficult to dodge considering how it moves, and Ozai can use it with pinpoint accuracy to hits spots Hawks isn't blocking. The fire attacks would just hit Hawks at every angle considering their AoE, so he wouldn't be able to block the entire blast.

That's not how it works, and Endeavor's fire can't blow things away strong enough to generate 8-B AP.

Endeavor was expelling fire from his back to reach and hit High-End, but Hawks' feathers were able to reach his back and stay there to propel him hard enough to speed blitz High-End.

It's difficult, but definitely possible. Besides, with so many feathers in battle, shouldn't Ozai's electricity be more likely to hit them?

Endeavor wasn't even trying to push it back though; Hawks was just enhancing his attack. Ozai would be actively trying to force them away with the force of his flames. So yeah, I believe Ozai could pull that off considering the feat you meant jones wasn't even Endeavor trying to push them away or Hawks trying to harm Endeavor.

Ozai can pinpoint where his electricity would land considering how skilled of a firebender he is; I'd imagine Hawks blocking it several times before Ozai catches on and aims for spots not covered by his wings.

What's that supposed to mean? We can clearly see Endeavor expelling fire from his back to propel himself, and the feathers don't get blow away.

It's more likely and easier for Hawks to impale Ozai with hundreds of feathers. Also, you make Ozai look like a professional sniper who never misses his attacks.

It means Endeavor wasn't trying to block or redirect his attacks, like Ozai would try doing. Hawks assisting Endeavor in an attack isn't him getting past the force of his flames in a 1v1 situation.

It would be more likely for Ozai to block and avoid Hawks feathers than for Hawks to not take damage from area of effect flame blasts he can't block from all angles.

I'm just saying Ozai has some good accuracy with it as he should be more skilled than people like Azula who can direct the lightning at very specific areas. Aang only really gets past it through using his own lightning-bending from what I remember.

His intentions don't matter, what really matters is what's going on there, he's expelling a lot of fire from his back to propel himself, but the feathers are strong enough to stay there.

Therefir said:
His intentions don't matter, what really matters is what's going on there, he's expelling a lot of fire from his back to propel himself, but the feathers are strong enough to stay there.
Looking at the scan, though, the feathers are already latched onto him by the time he starts really using fire to propel himself, which means he's probably not pushing against the feathers themselves with his flames but instead everywhere around it.

Not all feathers are connected directly to his back, most feathers are next to other feathers thanks to Hawks' Telekinesis

Therefir said:
Not all feathers are connected directly to his back, most feathers are next to other feathers thanks to Hawks' Telekinesis
But if they're already there boosting Endeavor, why would Endeavor be pushing against them as opposed to just having his fire go around them?

The fire is still coming from his back, it makes no sense for his fire to come directly from the feathers.

Therefir said:
The fire is still coming from his back, it makes no sense for his fire to come directly from the feathers.
Endeavor has enough control over his flames to direct them around the feathers, though, and the flames around his back don't seem to be pushing on the feathers. The point of the attack was the boost Endeavor forward, him pushing against something that is supposed to be helping him move faster wouldn't make sense.

How do you know Endeavor can do that?

I'm sure his feathers wouldn't get blow away, High-End's body is stronger than Ozai's flames, if the feathers were not stopped by High-End skin, then why would they be stopped by something weaker and more dispersed?

The scaling doesn't make sense if Hawks can harm a 46 ton high end but only scales to 20 tons. Though that was piercing damage. So possibly...?

Also, the heat of Ozai's flames vs Endeavor's flames are likely different. I'm fairly certain part of Ozai's calc actually involves the heat of his flames (q =MC (delta) T = Heat of vaporization). Where as I don't believe that Endeavor's calc does. Plus, the feathers and flames were both helping to push Endeavor forward, so they were clearly working with each other, not against each other.

That said, Ozai should be a superior martial artist with loads of AoE at his disposal, combined with lightning attacks that would certainly fry any of Hawk's feathers in a single hit if they collided due to the heat of natural lightning. Enough of Ozai's flames would certainly burn through the feathers, and he can constantly evade them by dodging, and through flight, where as Hawks will be gradually losing his feathers as the fight goes on.

Even assuming his feathers can rip through Ozai's flames, the feathers aren't simply going to rip through unscathed and any attempt to rip through another large bout of flame will likely have them destroyed. It also helps that Ozai can visibly amplify the quantity, and thereby the heat, of flames he's already spewed out by flexing his knuckles.

Either way, I see Ozai surviving long enough to destroy many of Hawk's feathers. His large AoE makes it so that Hawks has to make sure that he always keeps a good number of feathers on him to protect himself. And Ozai's lightning attacks will serve to keep him on his toes. I doubt that Hawks will let Ozai in close, though Ozai should embarrass him fairly badly in CQC.

Therefir said:
How do you know Endeavor can do that?

I'm sure his feathers wouldn't get blow away, High-End's body is stronger than Ozai's flames, if the feathers were not stopped by High-End skin, then why would they be stopped by something weaker and more dispersed?
Endeavor can control the flames he produces, I assume? And as Litentric said they were working with each other, pushing against them would just be counterproductive to the whole technique.

Ozai's feat was casual, again, and the fire can be used to push them from under or around, and can be concentrated on smaller areas if he needs more raw power.

His feathers can also harm High-End, who can take his own attacks without injuring himself.
Well, he barely pierced his skin, and High End was barely annoyed by that. Hawks himself said he lacked the power to defeat High End, so, while superior to the 20+ tons feat, he does not scales to High End's 46 tons feat

High-End was still unharmed by his own 46 ton attack, so not sure why Hawks can't scale.

Back