• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Harry hard stomps. (BFR, Power Null, Weapon Disabling, etc.)

I'm excited to see a Wax battle, but this is a stomp.

(EDIT): Actually, speed is unequalized, but with prep Dresden will likely have all sorts of passives that will monumentally screw over Wax, not to mention precog.

Some clarification on Dresden's abilities:

BFR is unlikely as it would require several sceonds of concentration to preform. Also not in character for him. Power Null is impossible. It would require him to draw a magic circle on the ground and then catch Wax in it. Not happening. He's done it before, but not in a one on one. He would need help. As for Weapon Disabling, if your talking about his tech disruption, that only works on advanced technology. It won't effect any of Wax's gun and it certainly won't effect Wax's powers. To cover some other powers, Mind Manip, Illusions, Necromancy and Precog are all not happening. Mind magic is against Wizard Laws and outside of Dresden's area of speciality. Dresden's also bad with Illusions. The most he can do is make himself somewhat less noticable. He could make a potion to do more, but probably not. Dresden is bad with Earth magic (including gravity magic). He has a rune on one of his tools to open fissures in the ground, but that won't help much against Wax.

Dresden's goto in a fight are blasts of Fire, Ice and Force and his Energy Shields. Winter Knight Dresden can amp his magic with Soulfire. An example is when he used Soulfire to turn a blast of raw force into a magic hand. It was the same power level, but more versetile. Dresden's profile needs some updating and clean up.

I mean, he has a week of prep time, so if he wants to BFR, he can do it without much issue. He couldn't make a magic circle within a week of prep time either?

I guess Wax speedblitzes if Dresden willingly doesn't use/can't use most of his listed abilities.

Trust me, magic circles are way too complicated to just throw down at a moments notice and arin't potable. As for BFRing, still out of character. What's the threshold for a speedblitz?

Speed: Transonic to Supersonic (Reacted to and dodged high caliber revolver munitions on multiple occasions, albeit rather poorly)

VS.

Speed: Peak Human with Subsonic reactions (Has no real problems fighting the Red Court vampires), capable of aim-dodging bullets, can activate shields at the speed of thought (although how this applies to speed is debatable) | Subsonic+

Your guess is as good as mine, but Supersonic is a lot more fast than Subsonic+.

I didn't equalize speed because Dresden has serious Durability advantage. The Winter Knight's mantel will allow him to shrug off bullet's for a bit, and his shields will last a while too.

To clarify, Dresden can use Soul Fire long before he becomes the Winter Knight.

It's not bloodlusted, and Wax is human, so Dresden would not be going for immediately (directly) lethal abilities (that are magic based at least). Which means he'd probably go for guns to kill, or some magic spell to incapacitate.

I don't remember what Wax could do with prep time (probably store up a ton of weight and prepare a ton of vials), but Dresden could whip up a dozen potions of invisibility, "become-the-wind", love (which for some reason doesn't break the laws of magic I guess) and more, perfect some invisibility / illusion spells, summon the Za Lord's army, charge up his rings with a building's worth of kinetic force, and probably some other stuff I don't remember.

If there hadn't been prep time I would have been a bit more unsure, but with prep time I'm confident Dresden could come up with several ways to immediately incapacitate and make up for any gap in speed.

So I'll vote Dresden

If they were bloodlusted though, I would laugh in Darkhallow+Flashfreeze

Monarch Laciel said:
If they were bloodlusted though, I would laugh in Darkhallow+Flashfreeze
Whoa, never even thought of the Drakhallow. Yeah, bloodlusting's a bad idea. Good thing it never even occured to me. Also forgot about the Za Lord's Army. Is that allowed? I gave perp time mostly for Wax. I figured he'd need max metals for this.

I also just want to add to that thing about power null and magic circles - it would be entirely useless against Wax. Wax isn't a spiritual or otherwise directly supernatural being, he could literally just step out of the circle.

Monarch Laciel said:
I also just want to add to that thing about power null and magic circles - it would be entirely useless against Wax. Wax isn't a spiritual or otherwise directly supernatural being, he could literally just step out of the circle.
Wouldn't Allomancy/Feurochemy be considered magic under Verse Equalization?

Oh undoubtedly.

But from what I remember of magic circles and power null, it's literally just a chalk circle imbued with a bit of magic power that stops other magic power from entering. It would stop magical beings from leaving, it would cut off summons from their sources and it would stop people within using magic, but as a largely normal person, wax could literally just walk out of the circle, as it's properties do not prevent him from doing so.

Back