• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So Crowley v Dresden was inconclusive because both had One-Shot spells that they could pull off right at the start, and it was In-Character for both. It was also Winter Knight Dresden. I know nothing about Magnus so i'll wait to see what others say.

Magnus should have access to all of Crowley's magic and then some, since he's a far better/more knowledgeable sorcerer and is likely able to replicate just about every spell that the latter would be capable of.

That said, I dunno what he starts off with besides mind control, which I'm pretty sure won't work on Dresden given his ridiculous willpower and his mind-resistance feats. And I can't tell whether or not this is Winter Knight Dresden that we're dealing with in this match either, so I can't attest to whether or not he'll start with something that instakills Magnus.

I need to know what magic is Low 7-B and what is 8-C for Magnus, because as it stands, your using Better Crowley against Younger Dresden. The Winter Mantel gave Dresden stronger Ice magic(and his best One-shot), near Pain Immunity and the ability to surpass his physical limits to preform super-human feats. I'm not saying change this to Winter Knight Dresden, I just need to know what Magnus' MO is.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I need to know what magic is Low 7-B and what is 8-C for Magnus, because as it stands, your using Better Crowley against Younger Dresden. The Winter Mantel gave Dresden stronger Ice magic(and his best One-shot), near Pain Immunity and the ability to surpass his physical limits to preform super-human feats. I'm not saying change this to Winter Knight Dresden, I just need to know what Magnus' MO is.
Well, actually you're right. Make it Winter Knight Dresden then. Also bump.

TheOwnMagic said:
Well, actually you're right. Make it Winter Knight Dresden then. Also bump.
Alright cool, I still know nothing about Magnus. Just going off his profile he seems like a cocky jerk that will try to play with his opponent, so I guess I could see Dresden taking this with his more straight forward approach? I would really like to hear what others say about Magnus.

I'd say magnus might have the edge here with his spells, and the fact that his spells won't be nullified since he uses outside materials to use it rather than his own magical powers.

If I'm remembering it correctly, and I may not be, he's channeling the forces of reality vis his will. I'm pretty sure I'm right though. It's the only way a magic circle would be able to power null him.

So like does he use words or a wand or hand movements? Also I have no doubt that Magnus can power nullify Dresden with various things

Dresden magic dosen't need any of those, but Dresden uses all of them. He uses magic foci to help channel power. His standard equipments are most of his best stuff.

I'll have to vote for Magnus then. Magnus doesn't require anything at all and is mostly just by speaking.

A very close match but Magnus has More at his disposal and Dresden is limited by the laws

Yeah, I'll be honest, I've been leaning toward Magnus for a while now. Magnus is apperently better Crowley, so yeah. Only thing though, no one, and I mean no one, has answered my question, I guess because it's not been directly asked,

HOW DOES MAGNUS FIGHT????

I mean like, is he aggressive, defensive, playful? Does he stop to monolouge frequently? What is his MO? Will he go right for the kill, or does he like a little game of footsies for foreplay?

Umm he's a pompous dick who keeps a private collection of magical artifacts and keeps a zoo of supernatural creatures in a mansion in a separate dimension.

He played around and was sadistic with Sam and Dean however that's because Dean had the Mark of Cain at the time, which made Magnus want to keep him in the zoo.

Essentially if Magnus is interested in "having" you then yeah he'll monologue or do "foreplay" or whatnot.

But since his opponent is just another magician that can arguably do less than he can (like the rest of the organization he abandoned) then I don't think he'd really care.

I'm gonna vote Magnus, but I would like to discuss the Winter Mantle. Now Magnus likely wouldn't know about it and their isn't any outward sign of it, but it basically makes Dresden a one-of-a-kind sorta half fae Wizard. It's a power bestowed upon someone by the Winter Queen of Farie. He also can use Soulfire which is the same power used by Archangels. He's the warden of Demonreach, which is a prison for elder-gods and super demons, and to top it all off, he has some kind of "gift" which let's him resist and affect eldrich-horror like beings. He's a pretty special fello if ya ask me.

That's pretty cool not gonna lie and if Magnus knew about it he'd try to capture, torture, and interrogate Dresden but alas Magnus does not know and the fight will likely end before that becomes a factor anyway.

Back