• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hareta Vs Luffy(Pokemon Vs One piece)

Hmmph.....

I wanted to say Luffy could dodge skill swap,but from the manga interpretations, it's not a dodgeable move

Hmmph.....

I wanted to say Luffy could dodge skill swap,but from the manga interpretations, it's not a dodgeable move
How does it work? He can't even use future sight to try and stop it from happening or anything? Also what do we do if, hypothetically, he can beat Hareta and most of his Pokemon, but can't touch the Ghost Pokemon? Is it just a partial win in that case?

Even in the games skill swap ignores accuracy and evasion of the opponent, so dodging isn’t possible
and in the manga I am pretty sure it instantly swaps the abilities

So passive abilities, right? In this case wouldn't the Pokemon rob Luffy of his DF and/or Haki? Also, how long does the effect last?

It lasts until the Pokemon stops fighting or gets defeated.
it would likely rob him of his DF
Hm.. problem with that is that he might still be able to beat them. Luffy seems to fight with mostly his fists and feet, which actually can still lead him to being one of the most powerful people in his verse considering Garp had no weapons or fruit and yet matched Roger and Whitebeard in his prime.

Hm.. problem with that is that he might still be able to beat them. Luffy seems to fight with mostly his fists and feet, which actually can still lead him to being one of the most powerful people in his verse considering Garp had no weapons or fruit and yet matched Roger and Whitebeard in his prime.
Yeah but his entire fighting style is based on his devil fruit. He does fight with his fists, but he will be much much weaker here as he cannot use 2nd Gear, 3rd Gear or any of his Gomu Gomu no moves.

Also Luffy will still no longer have his ability even if he beat the Pokemon with Skill swap (as to fully remove it he would lose or win the entire fight). Also he cannot beat Misdreavus at all (because of Ghost Type

Yeah, way I see it we should not include ghost pokemon in battles with people who can't even touch ghosts, tbh.

Wait, it's named Skill Swap? Does Luffy get one of the Pokemon's abilities from it then? Or does it just rob him of his df?

It's a strategy to weaken Luffy. Using that power wasn't part of the plan
" Powers aren't needed to conquer the world " - Kaidou, explaining how Roger had no fruit, but was still one of the most powerful people in their verse that he'd ever know.
This is relevant because it proves that Luffy might be able to evolve to be as powerful as people like Roger without needing his fruit, after all Garp did the same. So it's not a stretch to think that removing his devil fruit won't exactly be the end of him.

" Powers aren't needed to conquer the world " - Kaidou, explaining how Roger had no fruit, but was still one of the most powerful people in their verse that he'd ever know.
This is relevant because it proves that Luffy might be able to evolve to be as powerful as people like Roger without needing his fruit, after all Garp did the same. So it's not a stretch to think that removing his devil fruit won't exactly be the end of him.
It’s not the same
Luffys entire fighting style is based on his fruit. His AP value for this version is based on his fruit. Luffy has never not used his fruit and is not able to cope without it because of that

It’s not the same
Luffys entire fighting style is based on his fruit. His AP value for this version is based on his fruit. Luffy has never not used his fruit and is not able to cope without it because of that
I mean, I guess? We don't actually know if he could still be as strong as the others in his verse without his fruit, come to think of it. I was just assuming he could try to adapt to it.

I mean, I guess? We don't actually know if he could still be as strong as the others in his verse without his fruit, come to think of it. I was just assuming he could try to adapt to it.
He could if he trained for months-years. but right now he is too tied to his fruit to perform anywhere near his peak without it

Back