• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
hanna-barbera.jpg

Yup. Anything under the banner goes.​

Currently working on a Dick Dastardly page. Still have to get a calc for the first feat and maybe some LS stuff. And just... calcs in general. Also the Intelligence portion is gonna take a while. But I've been working on this for a long time... So I'd appreciate feedback.

According to Wacky Races 2017, the Dick Dastardly from Dastardly & Muttley in their Flying Machines is the father of Wacky Races Dick Dastardly. And Wacky Races Dick Dastardly is the father of Wacky Races 2017 Dick Dastardly. So, I'm gonna be making profiles for both of them separately. Maybe one for Scoob!'s Dick Dastardly too.

If anyone wants to do some Dastardly calcs, there are some in the Calculations Request Thread.

A bunch of them, actually.

Wacky Races 2017 has some decent feats.

It also has around 80 episodes so there's a lot to pull from. Also characters like Top Cat, Scrappy Doo, and Hong Kong Phooey show up in the series, as one of the many evidences present of a connected Hanna-Barbara universe not to mention shows like Laff-a-Lympics, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, and Yogi's Space Race being giant crossovers between all of the characters. Scooby seems to be off and on canon to this verse though so I wouldn't count him as being 100% reliable since some of their media outside of the main timeline just kind of do their own thing.

I’ll probably make Dastardly and Penelope Pitstop (2017) profiles, that’s mostly the plan.

Even if Tom and Jerry has no official canon according to the verse page (unless that'll change soon like Looney Tunes had), I do wonder how that'll apply here compared to Scooby-Doo's.

From TheFrostKnight's (back at a Rayman thread) research in Death Battle Fanon Wiki, especially a file dump of ability/feat images, it seems that Tom Cat Jr. in T&J Kids is apparently the original's son (and Jerry wears a bowtie from the 1975 show).

Last edited:
Even if Tom and Jerry has no official canon according to the verse page (unless that'll change soon like Looney Tunes had), I do wonder how that'll apply here compared to Scooby-Doo's.

From TheFrostKnight's research in Death Battle Fanon Wiki, it seems that those two Juniors in T&J Kids were apparently their own children. (better call him here in case for this particular verse)
Tom & Jerry don’t really have that many callbacks to their previous episodes so like aside from their “Willy Wonka”-type episodes or maybe the movie, you can really just lump them all in with one profile since nothing contradicts anything. It’s just a cat and a mouse chasing each other. There’s like zero lore besides the T&J kids thing.

Keeping track of consistent characters that show up.
  • Dick Dastardly (Wacky Races, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Fender Bender 500)
  • Penelope Pitstop (Wacky Races, Yogi's Treasure Hunt)
  • Yogi Bear (The Huckleberry Hound Show, The Yogi Bear Show, Yogi Bear and Friends, Yogi's Gang, Yogi's Space Race, Galaxy Goof Ups, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Laff-a-Lympics, Fender Bender 500)
  • Huckleberry Hound (The Huckleberry Hound Show, The Yogi Bear Show, Yogi's Gang, Laff-a-Lympics, Yogi's Space Race, Galaxy Goof Ups, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Fender Bender 500)
  • Top Cat (Top Cat, Yogi's Gang, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Fender Bender 500, Wacky Races (2017))
  • Snagglepuss (The Quick Draw McGraw Show, The Yogi Bear Show, Yogi's Gang, Laff-a-Lympics, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Fender Bender 500, Wacky Races (2017))
  • Quick Draw McGraw (The Quick Draw McGraw Show, The Yogi Bear Show, Yogi's Gang, Laugh-a-Lypmics, Yogi's Space Race, Fender Bender 500, Wacky Races (2017))
  • Magilla Gorilla (The Magilla Gorilla Show, Yogi's Gang, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Fender Bender 500)
  • Jabberjaw (Jabberjaw, Laugh-a-Lympics, Yogi's Space Race, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Wacky Races (2017))
  • Captain Caveman (Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels, Laff-a-Lympics, The Flintstone Comedy Show)
  • Hong Kong Phooey (Hong Kong Phooey, Laff-a-Lympics, Wacky Races (2017))
  • Atom Ant (The Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel Show, Yogi's Gang, Yogi's Treasure Hunt)
Laugh-a-Lympics is canon to the mainline universe.

Dread Baron and Mumbly (the original character do-not-steal Dick Dastardly and Muttley rip-offs that were created when Hanna-Barbara were unsure if they held the rights to the characters) appear in Yogi Bear, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Huckleberry Hound and Wacky Races (2017)).

The way I understand it, everything in Scooby Doo up to Scooby-Doo and the Arabian Nights is canon, sans A Pup Named Scooby-Doo. The new Scooby-Doo canon starts there with A Pup Named Scooby-Doo being connected to What's New Scooby-Doo and the Zombie Island movie stuff. The best way I can describe it, is like this:

The Scooby Hanna-Barbara-Verse Canon:

Scooby-Doo Where Are You?, The New Scooby-Doo Movies, The Scooby-Doo Show, Dynomutt: Dog Wonder, Laff-a-Lympics, Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, The New Scooby-Doo and Scrappy Doo Show, The 13 Ghosts Of Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Meets The Boo Brothers, Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School, Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf, Scooby-Doo in Arabian Nights.

TIMELINE BRANCH

And then the Zombie Island stuff happens. The Scrappy-Doo stuff is all canon because Scrappy shows up in Wacky Races (2017), and Arabian Nights features various other Hanna-Barbara characters. But after that, it's a different canon, Blue Falcon is a movie star, Magilla Gorilla and others get rebooted canons in Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? Etc. This is where we leave the Hanna-Barbara adjacent canon.

The Flinstones, oddly enough, are canon to this universe as well.

• Fred and Barney appear in Laugh-a-Lympics
  • Captain Caveman is a regular on The Flintstone Comedy Show
  • Yogi Bear and Boo Boo appear in the Flintstones episode "Sweedish Visitors".

Last edited:
Just to be consistent, the amount of media we are allowed to use in this mainline universe are

• The Ruff and Reddy Show (Characters appear in Yogi's Gang, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, and Wacky Races (2017))
  • The Huckleberry Hound Show
  • The Quickdraw McGraw Show
  • The Flintstones
  • The Yogi Bear Show
  • Top Cat
  • The Hanna-Barbara Cartoon Series (Wally Gator appears in Laff-a-Lympics, Touche Turtle and Dum Dum appear in Yogi's Gang, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, and Wacky Races (2017), and Lippy the Lion and Hardy Har Har appear in Yogi's Gang and Yogi's Treasure Hunt)
  • The Jetsons (Maybe? Crossed over with The Flintstones, but outside of that, no connection)
  • The Magilla Gorilla Show
  • The Peter Potamus Show (Peter appears in Yogi's Gang, Laff-a-Lympics, Yogi's Treasure Hunt and Wacky Races (2017))
  • The Atom Ant/Secret Squirrel Show
  • Wacky Races
  • The Perils of Penelope Pitstop
  • Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines
  • Cattanooga Cats (Mildew Wolf appears in Laff-a-Lympics and Lambsy appears in Yogi's Gang)
  • The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show
  • The Flintstone Comedy Hour
  • The New Scooby Doo Movies
  • Hong Kong Phooey
  • The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour
  • Jabberjaw
  • Yogi's Gang
  • Laff-a-Lympics
  • Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels
  • Captain Caveman
  • Yogi's Space Race
  • The New Fred and Barney Show
  • Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo
  • The New Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo Show
  • Yogi's Treasure Hunt
  • The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo
  • Yogi's Great Escape
  • Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers
  • The Jetsons meet the Flinstones
  • Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose
  • Top Cat and the Beverly Hills Cats
  • The Good, The Bad and Huckleberry Hound
  • Rockin with Judy Jetson (maybe?)
  • Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School
  • Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf
  • Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears
  • The Flintstones Prime Time Specials
  • The New Yogi Bear Show
  • Fender Bender 500
  • Wacky Races (2017)
Dunno if we can count comics but if so, cool. Scooby-Doo Team Up miiiight be canon too???

Gets even better. I.Q. states in the clip above and the second one in the next imgur post that there are an "infinite" and "incalculable" number of realities.

Meaning we have a perfect 2-A cosmology.

Thinking about maybe doing separate keys for the Yogi crossover series and beyond.

Because Tier 8 to Tier 5 is one hell of a jump unless stuff from the other series supports it.

You can really tell how much passion the creators had for the Hanna-Barbera franchise with the Wacky Races reboot. Even if it does fall into the "meta humor" trap a bit, it is nice to see characters like Hong Kong Phooey and Huckleberry Hound come back with the respect they deserve (even if Huckleberry actually just dies twice in one episode - he's a cartoon though, he'll be fine)

Okay so 2017 Wacky Races Dick Dastardly isn't the original Dick Dastardly but 2017 Penelope Pitstop is the original Penelope Pitstop.

Also, she finally figured out the Hooded Claw is her uncle after all these years.

So uh, would we consider Tom & Jerry part of this cosmology? They aren't really referenced in the shown clips and are owned by WB now.

So uh, would we consider Tom & Jerry part of this cosmology? They aren't really referenced in the shown clips and are owned by WB now.
Nah, Tom & Jerry are not a part of the cosmology. They're more of their own thing. Not quite affiliated with the Hanna-Barbera brand but still under the umbrella regardless.

I found a pretty good Jabberjaw respect thread so I'll be using that when I finish Wacky Races.

I also need those calcs...

All of the calcs that are needed to make this verse a verse so far.

Wacky Races:

Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines (Only Applies to OG DD)
Wacky Races 2017:
Yogi's Treasure Hunt
Hong Kong Phooey:

Currently have my folder for Penelope/Pandora's stuff and the folder for the Hanna-Barbara-verse connection evidence locked in.

I can actually feel the weight of this entire verse on my back.

Hanna-Barbera Cosmology as we know it.

The Main Universe:
  • The main universe is just where everything happens. Huckleberry Hound, Wacky Races, Yogi Bear, Scooby-Doo. It all just happens here. The earliest known stuff to date was in The Flintstones era where Captain Caveman ends up in. I'll have to do more research on that. And it ends up in the Jetsons at the latest known date.
The In-Betweens:
  • The In-Betweens is a space that is comprised of the raw energy of what happens when creativity meets marketing. Supposedly, it takes place "in-between" the central timeline, with several film strips acting as a sort of time hub. You jump in one and it leads you to a certain point in time. Like for example, The Flintstones era or the Jetsons era. It's hard to say if it can be classified as a universe by Vs Battles standards.
Wordworld:
  • Wordworld is another dimension that contains every fictional character ever made that is presided over by entities known as The Editor and The Great Maker. The Editor finds characters who are not worthy of being in Wordworld and erases them from existence while The Great Maker is the only one who can reverse this. It's implied that she's responsible for writing the plot as well as when Penelope says "there's always another bridge to cross", The Great Maker says "the metaphor's a bit heavy. I'll fix it in the rewrite". Then she's seen later in...
Higher Realm:

• A higher realm in which The Great Maker perceives everything that happens as nothing more than a storybook. I'll have to fight tooth and nail for a Low 1-C rating for her though.
Other Dimensions:

• In People Who Need Purple, I.Q. states that there are an "infinite" and "incalculable" number of realities out there and we see Dastardly jump through quite a few of them. Taking I.Q.'s statement on this, we can assume the Hanna-Barbara multiverse is a 2-A structure. I'll have to go through everything to see if there are more things of note, but that's about the long short of it.

I think that should be necessary. May even get your permission to share invite links for those interested in other VS debate servers I'm in (there are fellow users from this website, so more supporters could make things little faster).

Because of a recent Pac-Man resurgence I'm personally part of, I've assembled a episode list from available videos. Like Tom and Jerry, it's not obviously connected, but they're kind of under the umbrella in this thread as you said.

Last edited:
I’m gonna be honest, I dunno how far this is gonna go. Probably gonna end up on the list of verses only I really care about.

Back