• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hanayama Scarface/NGB feats

hsgsyxrdbfd61.jpg

Hanayama should have been 18 years old when he destroyed the gates and escaped prison. Since he still had to serve his time after he completed the gates busting feat. And is released possibly a few months up to a year later leading into the events of NGB where he is 19 years old. Scarface confirms his age in chapter 13, which are events shortly after his release. T-Rex also has a building tier feat of destroying doors during this time, T-Rex seems to be a low tier character since he did almost 0 harm to Hanayama when he punched him repeatedly, only leaving minor scratches that didn't even stay on Hanayama's face long.

Timeline
Itagaki didnt seem to show his trial process, but I went through his entire Hanayama timeline of events of the series surrounding him and Baki. He got the standing man tattoo at age 15, he fought baki at that age as well when they first showed us how he got it when he defeated the rival Yakuza who killed his father. His next big appearance was when Yujiro used his face to block a knife, which gave him permanent scars around his mouth. As you see here. During the maximum tournament Hanayama still has the scars which confirms they are permanent. In Scarface during the prison stint, Hanayama does not have the mouth scars, which means he was in prison before the maximum tournament at age 17. So this feat would significantly bump anyone who scales to T-Rex and upscales from him. I will leave the details of who all gets changes to the other support members, but I want to point out eveybody with Maximum keys that are considered T Rex tier or higher should be upgraded.

Characters bumped to 8-C tier (if i missed anyone let me know)
Hanayama 2nd Key
T-Rex
Baki 3rd key
Jack 1st key
Katsumi 1st key
Retsu 1st key
Gaia 2nd key
Spec
Dorian
Doyle
Sikorsky
Yanagi
Muhammad Ali
Muhammad Ali Jr
Alexander Gallen
Ryu Kaioh
Mumon
Yu Amanai
Mount Toba

Agree: @cloudyagami , @Shmeatywerbenmanjenson @DaReaperMan

Last edited:
When did Hanayama go to prison?

We need to know for sure if this is to pass

Also you may want to lower the size of the Hana picture as well as add some space between the picture and the text to make it easier to read

When did Hanayama go to prison?
Itagaki didnt seem to show his trial process, but I went through his entire timeline of events of the series surrounding him and Baki. He got the standing man tattoo at age 15, he fought baki at that age as well when they first showed us how he got it when he defeated the rival Yakuza who killed his father. His next big appearance was when Yujiro used his face to block a knife, which gave him permanent scars around his mouth. As you see here. During the maximum tournament Hanayama still has the scars which confirms they are permanent. In Scarface during the prison stint, Hanayama does not have the mouth scars, which means he was in prison before the maximum tournament.
We need to know for sure if this is to pass
Yeah for sure i wanted to have this discussion with all of the supporters to confirm everything ofcourse
Also you may want to lower the size of the Hana picture as well as add some space between the picture and the text to make it easier to read
Okay done

Itagaki didnt seem to show his trial process, but I went through his entire timeline of events of the series surrounding him and Baki. He got the standing man tattoo at age 15, he fought baki at that age as well when they first showed us how he got it when he defeated the rival Yakuza who killed his father. His next big appearance was when Yujiro used his face to block a knife, which gave him permanent scars around his mouth. As you see here. During the maximum tournament Hanayama still has the scars which confirms they are permanent. In Scarface during the prison stint, Hanayama does not have the mouth scars, which means he was in prison before the maximum tournament.

Yeah for sure i wanted to have this discussion with all of the supporters to confirm everything ofcourse

Okay done
Aight so basically it takes place between the flashback and the Maximum tournament?

If so that could work since we already have pretty decent 9-A feats

Characters bumped to 8-C tier (if i missed anyone let me know)
Hanayama 2nd Key
T-Rex
Baki 3rd key
Jack 1st key
Katsumi 1st key
Retsu 1st key
Gaia 2nd key
Spec
Dorian
Doyle
Sikorsky
Yanagi
Muhammad Ali
Muhammad Ali Jr
Alexander Gallen
Ryu Kaioh
Mumon
Yu Amanai
Mount Toba

It was decided that this is an outlier. This is the only tier 8 feat in the verse, with the exception of God-level feats

It was decided that this is an outlier. This is the only tier 8 feat in the verse, with the exception of God-level feats
Not really, this T Rex feat is building level, and this Yujiro feat is Building+, and this one is large building just havent been checked by mods. Im sure there is others that just havent been scaled yet

Hanayama's feat is an outlier, however the T-Rex feat takes place.
However, I have problems scaling the wall thickness. 30 centimeters is too much for a gate, considering that this is an ordinary garage

Do you have any real confirmation that Scarface takes place before the Ultimate Tournament?

Judging by the character of Kureha, according to the talk about Jack Hanma, the events take place after the tournament

Do you have any real confirmation that Scarface takes place before the Ultimate Tournament?
I actually do. Itagaki didnt show Hanayama's prison trial process, but we see Hanayama in prison and I went through his entire timeline of events of the series surrounding him and other Baki characters. He got the standing man tattoo at age 15, he fought baki at that age as well when they first showed us how he got it when he defeated the rival Yakuza who killed his father. His next big appearance was when Yujiro used his face to block a knife, which gave him permanent scars around his mouth. All throught the manga after this happened you see the scars, As you see here. During the maximum tournament Hanayama still has the scars which confirms they are permanent and the Yujiro feat already happened. In Scarface during the prison stint, Hanayama does not have the mouth scars, which means he was in prison before the maximum tournament. This cannot be disputed based on the different examples i provided. If it was a "art error" then there would be no consistency and you can see in other characters as well who have permanent scars from fights. Hanayama would not be an outlier.

Since he still had to serve his sentence after he completed the gates busting feat. And is released possibly a few months up to a year later leading into the events of NGB where he is 19 years old. Scarface confirms his age in chapter 13, which are events shortly after his release further confirming these events take place during Maximum Tournament since Hanayama was also 19 when he fought Spec.
Judging by the character of Kureha, according to the talk about Jack Hanma, the events take place after the tournament
Huh?

Last edited:
Hanayama's mother is already dead in Baki Grappler, while in the first chapter of Scarface she is still alive. This only tells us that this was happening long before the main story

Hanayama's mother is already dead in Baki Grappler, while in the first chapter of Scarface she is still alive. This only tells us that this was happening long before the main story
No this is false. Hanayama broke out of jail to see his mom for the last time before her death, and its chapter 3 not chapter 1, which at the end of the chapter was clarified that "the young 35 year old mother was at the end of her struggle against a mortal disease" and was the toughest year Hanayama endured in his "19 years" clarifying he is 19, also including when he first met Baki and Yujiro 4 years prior and was defeated for the first time. Hanayama also had his scars in chapter 2 which is based on current events before they go to the backstory of his prison stint.

At the time of chapter 3, he is 15 years old.
Then he already has scars.
Therefore, the T-Rex calculation needs to be fixed and applied to characters in a later story.
Hanayama's calculation will also need to be fixed and this will give 9-A

At the time of chapter 3, he is 15 years old.
Then he already has scars.
Dude im not sure where you're getting your information from but this is just not true. He already had his scars across his face, his CHEEK scars that he got from the stab wound are NOT there. This is the 3rd time i explained this at this point you're just in denial. They literally tell you his age in chapter 3 and NEVER say he is 15 once. Please show a scan saying he is 15. He met Baki and Yujiro when he was 15 and just got the standind man tattoo. Literally tells you here. It says 19 and how he met Yujiro and Baki 4 years prior, meaning that current panel is him at 19, He is not in prison at 15, that's literally impossible in every country. He would be in juvie, even Baki was in prison at 18 .

Therefore, the T-Rex calculation needs to be fixed and applied to characters in a later story.
Hanayama's calculation will also need to be fixed and this will give 9-A
lol so since you know you're wrong you now want to downscale the calcs when your original stance was its an "outlier" which i proved it is not

Last edited:
Because the panel says that these events take place 4 years ago.

I absolutely do not understand your claim about the calculation. The math was wrong. The depth of the dent is greater than the thickness of the sheet

Because the panel says that these events take place 4 years ago.

Dude the panel says "on this date 4 years ago he met Baki and Yujiro" meaning 4 years from the current panel, making him 15 years old at the time he met Baki, which lines up with the Baki vs Hanayama fight, if Hanayama was 15 in jail. Its okay to be wrong man i promise you lol

Last edited:

Dude the panel says "on this date 4 years ago he met Baki and Yujiro" meaning 4 years from the current panel, of it was 4 years ago when he was 15 he would literally still be living with his father when he twisted his arm🤦‍♂️ this will be the 4th time i've shown this exact panel with context literally telling you the age he is and that his mother is dead, proving everything you said is wrong. You keep moving the goal post everytime you end up wrong.

I read manga in Russian translation. You are in English. Perhaps the wording is different.
Don't make false accusations

I read manga in Russian translation. You are in English. Perhaps the wording is different.
Don't make false accusations
No. There is not an error in translation. I literally gave more proof and context that lines up with the events in the main story. You're just wrong and don't want to concede on a wrong point, and at this point it is dragging the thread longer than it should be.

God. I'm not talking about a mistake on your part. I explain how my opinion is supported and perhaps it is because of a translation error

God. I'm not talking about a mistake on your part. I explain how my opinion is supported and perhaps it is because of a translation error
Supported by who? They probably just agreed to close the thread faster but based off everything I provided the characters/keys i mentioned in my post shoild all get bumped to 8-C

I will speak in simple words. Maybe we don't understand each other because of the translator.
My opinion and arguments are based on the Russian translation. Perhaps my opinion is wrong because of the incorrect Russian translation.

This has nothing to do with the error in my calculation with Hanayama. I used too much result. Therefore, the calculation needs to be redone.
Similarly, you need to redo the T-Rex calculation

Om chill bro, i just got confused because he went from calling it to an outlier, to saying he was 15 in prison, now he wants the calcs redone. Sounds like he just doesnt want to agree no matter what
yeah but no need to get accusatory man

No offense but Nik is a well known calc member so if he says that the feat is inflated I am inclined to believe him

You still have the Hanayama feat

I suggest you find some way to translate the text as accurately as possible to Nik's native language so he can see for himself

I do agree that your right in this matter btw

yeah but no need to get accusatory man
Its not personal. Im a straight forward person and made the thread for the discussion im all for disagreeing but its just odd to take so many different stances after being wrong originally
No offense but Nik is a well known calc member so if he says that the feat is inflated I am inclined to believe him
I know thats why i've reached out to him for baki and kengan calcs tagged him earlier in this thread but he denied blatant evidence and i challanged him on it
You still have the Hanayama feat
Yep thats the feat i mainly wanted to focus on which is why i went through the story to figure out the correct timeline.
I suggest you find some way to translate the text as accurately as possible to Nik's native language so he can see for himself
but thats the thing. Its also translated in his native language the same exact way as in english. Stating he is 19 years old when the prison feat happend, that's when the disagreement started
I do agree that your right in this matter btw
Thanks

The problem with Hanayama's calculation is that the depth of the dent is greater than the thickness of the material.
This inflates the result.
Just imagine that we have a huge sheet of steel 1 cm thick. You hit it and magically a dent 1 meter deep is created.
For the calculation, we must use the thickness of the sheet, not the depth of the dent.

The T-Rex calculation uses the correct formula, but the gate thickness is too high.
On the panel with the deformed steel, we can see that the thickness of the gate is much lower than it should be.

And the feat of Hanayama was recognized as a blowout from the very beginning.

Back