• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Halo: The tier of the Forerunners

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came to my attention regarding the tier of the Forerunners. The suggestion came from Lina Shield and Fan giving me the respect thread on the Forerunners. So I thank you guys for this suggestion. Just to make sure before everyone said this argument involving the Flood winning against the Forerunners during the Flood-Forerunners War. I just gonna counter that by saying this:

After this first contact, the Forerunners failed to recognize the immediate danger that the Flood posed to the entire galaxy, and when they did eventually realize this, it was already too late to provide the containment necessary of stopping the spread. They underestimated the potential of the Flood to learn and adapt, believing it to be a non-sentient but highly contagious disease. As such, the limited attempt to contain the Flood was a failure, as the Forerunners tried methods more suited to disease control than warfare, trying to contain and quarantine the Flood rather than attack and destroy it outright. The Forerunners did not attempt a more candid and forceful form of physical warfare until later in the war, by which time it was too late.

Note: They also going through a period of disarmament of all weaponry too as they consider themselves a race without almost no conflict so that is what indirectly caused them the war against the Flood.

Link regarding the Forerunners and their feats are here: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/forerunner-feat-thread.236388/

Well this will also scale to the Floodcursors as well.

Their energy production is 2-C, they are ripping and gashing spacetime whilst destroying nascent universes

"As the reflective orb rotates beneath my ship, I see also the outstretched, feather-like plumes of vacuum energy pylons, drawing in the potential of an infinity of alternate realities ... aborting untold numbers of nascent universes to supply Requiem's power. Strange that these cosmic deaths have never before struck me as cruel and futile. All of Forerunner technology has been made possible by drawing down vacuum energy. My own life, all that I know, arises out of cosmic predation."

It's legit, albeit from String 34 rather than String 33 (which depicts the destruction of the original Installation 00 - the Greater Ark - and Omega Halo). Page 279.

There is also this, from
Halo: Last Light: Quote:Fred stood on the brink of creation, watching universes wink into being, then swell into silvery eggs of brilliance and implode into nothing. He saw galaxies spin up from emptiness and send their arms whirling off across the void, saw their cores collapse into holes that were deeper and darker and hotter than any hell that man had ever imagined. He saw the birth of all things and the end of everything, saw the wave of eternity roll across a universe of universes and swallow them all in the blink of an eye. Denning, Troy (2015-09-15). Last Light (HALO) (Kindle Locations 1881-1883). Gallery Books. Kindle Edition.

Well consider the lack of attention to this thread has, I am considering it removed or I could ask one of the admins to highlight this, but I doubt it. I mean no one has any interest in Halo on this wiki and most don't know much about Halo as some do like myself and Fan are.

Hmm, "drawing in the potential of an infinity of alternate realities" sounds like a 2-A feat. Is there any further context for this?

@Ant There is this one:

"Halo Cryptum; ch. 27. Our ship stopped at several installations where the science of planetary formation was being taken to advanced stages. Rocky worlds were at a premium, one of the Miners explained to me in the ship's small, sparsely appointed lounge. Forerunners now had the ability to collapse an asteroid field into a molten mass of the twenty- megameter range, then cool and cure the protoplanet in less than ten thousand years."

Well, that obviously is not nearly as impressive. I will highlight this thread for a while to see if we can get more input about the possible 2-A upgrade.

@Ant I not so sure if this will help with the possible 2-A upgrade even that was not my intentions to do a upgrade on the Forerunners rather I was just want to see what will justify the current Forerunners tiering:

"Halo Silentium; ch 7.

I was all too familiar with Jat-Krula. During one of our interminable civil wars, half a million years before my birth, Jat-Krula had been a formidable strategy of fortified defense, designed to control frequently traversed manifolds in the Orion complex. Key to Jat-Krula was vigilance over all conceivable slip-space entries and portals— the necessary and most efficient avenues of slipspace travel. Millions of fixed fortifications had been spread like beaded curtains between hundreds of systems, standing vigil over a collective of jump solutions, protecting historic routes that supported trade as well as offensive and counter-offensive maneuvers. Any major assault force, it was reasoned, must pass through this hyper-spherical boundary. And the boundary, so planners insisted, could at a moment's notice be rendered impassable, solid - impregnable."

My God did I realized this is referring to the Forerunners.

@Ant So what tier will this be exactly? Though it is more in line with the AP as it sounds like it is more connected to AP.

I do not know, but the relevant part is supposedly being able to convert infinite alternate realities into fuel.

@Ant There was the relevant part will probably be used with this:

"Halo Cryptum; ch. 9.

Then we were shunted out of planetary orbit and my family's world grew small. Within a few more minutes, the Council ship harnessed a great deal of vacuum energy to flatten the curve of our stellar orbit, and the planet where I was born vanished completely."

This is of course talking about slipspace travel as I assume as so, but notice on how it said "vacuum energy." You can not harness this kind of energy in real life and it is a hypothetical one as well, but since this is fiction, anything is possible.

Okay, but we are still looking for the upper limits of their power, not anything else.

@Ant It seems this might be a limit on how far their technology goes, but I not so sure.

"Halo 3; The Narrows:

Without cooling systems such as these, excess heat from the Ark's forges would render the construct uninhabitable."

This implies that if they don't have any cooling systems for the Ark itself (The one installation who created the Halo Installations and those said rings wiped out the Flood from the galaxy at the cost of all sentient life not protected by it), it would not work at all though I doubt that will apply to all other technology at their disposal or most of them.

Well, I would like some context/explanation about that they supposedly turned an infinite amount of universes into fuel.

@Ant There is a explanation from someone who is quite knowledgeable on the Forerunners and their feats:

The primary source of Forerunner power - for facilities and starships alike - is drawing mass/energy from vacuum energy, consuming nascent universes within the local vicinity of realspace (or other alternate dimensions) to fuel reactor systems, propel starships and power all forms of Forerunner technology. This implies that the alternate realities within the realms of space-time have high cosmological constants, thus why other dimensions are incompatible with the expansion rate of the universe and thus possess entirely unique physical properties.

From Rama, the one who provided the explanation in that respect thread for the Forerunners or rather more in the line to the Feats of Forerunners as he is quite knowledgeable on it. Even more than I have in terms of Halo Lore.

Okay. You can upgrade them to "2-A via technology", if you wish.

@Ant I will like to add more input on this to see if this could be valid, but the page is currently locked as I can not add anything to it as of now.

@Ant I done it now as I put at the tier at their peak as 2-A with technology though I was not so sure where I suppose to put it exactly.

@Ant Thank you though I think this thread need more input just to make sure they agree with this kind of tier change for the Forerunners .

Okay. We can wait a while for more input, before removing the highlight and closing it.

What tier would the Precursors be? Could they be given a "Unknown, possibly 2-A rating" they utterly trancend the Forerunners in every aspect to a point where they do not use technology

If they transcend technology capable of destroying infinite universes, they should probably scale, yes.

If the Precursors truly transcend the Forerunners, and if the Forerunners are capable of destroying infinite universes, wouldn't this qualify for a High 2-A rating?

• "Unknown, possibly High 2-A
However, the issue here is that there is no mention of the Precursors even close to being 5-Dimensional, nor was this ever hinted at. Perhaps

• "Unknown. At least 2-A, likely higher" would suffice.

"Unknown. At least 2-A, likely higher" seems fine to me.

I have a couple of suggestions:

Make a key separating the Warrior Servant and Builder rates. As for the AP of the Warrior Rate, this would be up for discussion. For range, they're definitely interdimensional since they had weapons which could intercept targets via slipspace and even targets within slipspace while firing from normal space.

For the Builder rate, perhaps leave a note stating that 2A is for trans-dimensional energy production only and not for weaponry? Normal AP would be galaxy level life-wiping via the Halo array. I'm not sure but I think the Halo array comes under the Builder rate. I'll find out what I can about this later. They could also move about planets and even planetary systems via slipspace and lock them away in "slipspace bubbles".

@Soldier Blue

There is a note there already, but I will unlock fhe page, so you can make adjustments for their regular weaponry.

However, please make sure to leave a key explaining each statistics column at the bottom of the page.

Antvasima said:
@Soldier Blue
There is a note there already, but I will unlock fhe page, so you can make adjustments for their regular weaponry.

However, please make sure to leave a key explaining each statistics column at the bottom of the page.
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Some work shit came up and I had to deal with it.

Anyway, how about this? Note that this is for the Warrior Servants and Builder Security only. I'll come up with something for the Builder rate as a whole later.

Tier: 7B (6A with continuous bombardment) with Mechs | High 6A to 4C with various ships

Attack potency: City level (a single War Sphinx possessed firepower enough to level a city), Continent level with continuous bombardment (swarms of War Sphinxes could be deployed to conduct large scale continental bombardment) | Multi-continent to Star level with various ships (some of the ships in their navy were equiped with a weapon which could cut off and lift a section of a planet's crust, overturn it, then drop it back down; they also had ships capable of inducing a stellar collapse in the event that the destruction of an entire planetary system was necessary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back