• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hal Jordan Ability Additions

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
I read a shit ton of GL comics purely because I hate myself and my time has no value to me whatsoever

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) has several abilities that aren't listed on his profile.

Additional stuff
  • Limited Resistance to Ice Manipulation (Remained conscious and used his Ring while frozen)
  • Martial Arts

Last edited:
Noice, this all seems good, you even listed the comics they happened in (Except for Memory Manipulation, you forgot about that one).

Hal actually has a lot of these powers on his profile already which I might add is cause of my revision uwu, but you’ve given extra justifications and the sources in the comics for them, which is great.

Other powers (also added more scans to the OP):

Last edited:
This mostly seems fine to me by the way, but I would prefer confirmations from knowledgeable members.

Biggest annoyance i already see is that these are blogspot links, which have... questionable legality in the long run.

Imgur links are shorter and more preferred, so can you convert these?

I'll check them rn

First scan for Heat Manipulation, you can actually see him conscious and using his ring when encased in ice. This is actually a Limited Resistance to Ice Manipulation

Absolute Zero is a P&A by itself so, add that as well.

His military pilot training likely gives him some level of Martial Arts.

Rest is fine

I do not think that Fandom blocks Blogspot links to single scans, but it is probably safer with Imgur, yes.

What Zark has accepted can probably be applied btw.

a question, this will be scaled to other green lantern and blue lanterns since the same capabilities of jordan's Ring has the other rings. (I think it would not be scaled to other lantern groups, like Red, Black lantern, Ect. although I'm not sure if the White Ring users should scale or not)

I'm not sure if I expressed myself well

Is some experienced member willing to apply this?

@Antvasima

Much like Barry Allen, we should probably separate obscure abilities if they never returned in Post-Crisis or Post-Flashpoint.

Review in Progress

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the very thorough evaluations Firestorm808. I strongly trust your sense of judgement regarding these issues, so your conclusions are probably fine.

Got rid of the blogspot links and made some corrections.

@Firestorm808 Wouldn’t Absolute Zero be fine add via this scan?

image0.webp

Firestorm808:

Are you willing to apply what you have accepted here?

Okay. Feel free to apply the revision then. I will unlock the Hal Jordan page.

Abilities have been added.

I'll start drafting the Pre-Crisis and the Post-Crisis/N52/Rebirth Profiles

Firestorm808:

Thank you. Should we close this thread then?

Here’s an alternative example of Sleep Manipulation where Hal puts a woman to sleep (from Green Lantern Vol 2 #137)
image0.jpg

Okay. No problem.

Limited Self-Sustenance via the power ring (until it runs out of energy) should be fine.

Sleep Manipulation and Existence Erasure seem unreliable, yes.

Morality Manipulation is probably fine.

Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted by our staff here?

Back