• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Giant water snake monster vs Giant snake-tentacle monstrosity... monster. This can be done now that OPM has 7-As again.

Orochi is >>>>> 203 megatons, Gyarados is >>> 531 megatons. If you want me to go into more detail about either character just ask.

Speed is equal

Who wins and why?

Orochi: 9

Gyarados: 2

Inconclusive:

All of Gyarados' moves are listed in his profile, bar Hurricane.

Not enough specifications to really convince Orochi wins here.

The only thing that might convince me so is that this isn't Mega Gyarados with the Mold Breaker ability.

I vote Lord Orochi

He has AP advantage and durability considering he is High Dragon level threat even with Mega Gyarados it still isn't going to do much against orochi and Orochi also has Electricity Maipulation

SuperAPM said:
Can't Orochi just reflect all of Gyrados' attacks back at him?
His physical attacks, probably yeah. But he wouldn't be able to reflect something like Hydro Pump or Hurricane

I can understand energy attacks like Hyper Beam but moves like Hydro Pump and Hurricane are physical in nature

Shubham Sonsurkar said:
I vote Lord Orochi

He has AP advantage and durability considering he is High Dragon level threat even with Mega Gyarados it still isn't going to do much against orochi and Orochi also has Electricity Maipulation
Gyrados is actually the one with the AP advantage

Umm how exactly does one reflect a hurricane physically? Unless if he can physically reverse the flow of the hurricane move, Orochi's getting boned by it, especially if Gyarados Rain Danced previously.

Orochi has better skill

That's basically it.

Gyarados has versatility, AP, Durability, and has a huge range advantage.

It should take this

WeeklyBattles said:
Shubham Sonsurkar said:
I vote Lord Orochi

Gyrados is actually the one with the AP advantage
You sure cuz Orochi has higher AP and durability are both large island level whil gyarados is large mountain level given in their respective profile

Fights goes:

Orochi senses Gyarados being extremely strong. Enters combat mode.

Gyarados is in rampage and uses hyper beam or hydro pump.

Orochi either dodges (likely) or receives a fatal wound.

Orochi launches his fire/electrical blast.

Gyarados cant dodge due to AoE and countering electricity with water is not advisable therefore uses hyper beam. Still the AoE of Orochi's blast is enough to reach Gyarados (this isnt dragon ball where a small beam can stop a big one in their tracks).

Gyarados is now heavily damaged from the electricity.

Also Orochi was a formal Martial art's genius he wouldn't just attack blindly seeing his opponent is strong he will probably think of a tactic

I vote for Orochi thanks to Electricity and higher intelligence because he is fighting a literal rampaging beast.

Electricity is a major bane for Gyarados. Any other situation if Orochi didn't use it I would've voted for best not dragon dragon. But yeah in this case I'm voting Orochi.

He also has a bit of reactive adap/skill mimic going on but idk how you can mimic Gyarados here anyway.

it this was Mega Gyarados, Orochi would more likely lose due to the former no longer having 4x weaknesses. But alas, tis not the case.

Orochi FRA.

Megagyarados cant have a fair fight with Orochi as of now, though. The dood is High 7-A.

I wasn't even going as far as exploiting Gyardos' weakness to electricity. I would just imagine Orochi defelcting all of Gyardos' attacks away and simply outlasting him.

Voting Orochi based on electricity advantage tho.

Dragopentling said:
it this was Mega Gyarados, Orochi would more likely lose due to the former no longer having 4x weaknesses. But alas, tis not the case.

Orochi FRA.
I mean by that logic, Orochi crushes Mega by being High 6C

Regardless, Orochi FRA

It seems like the premise of the votes are going by that Orochi will win using Electricity Manipulation. But, as the OP mentions....

"Orochi is >>>>> 203 megatons, Gyarados is >>> 531 megatons."

Going purely off those numbers, Gyarados is about 2.615 times stronger than Orochi.

If we're to use game mechanics for an idea of how much more devastating Super-Effective hits are against a Pokemon, for each of the Pokemon's types it's SE on, the effectiveness is doubled. So, for Electricity against Gyarados, it could be about 4 times stronger.

203 * 4=812. 812 / 531 = roughly 1.529

Thus, a question: What's Orochi's opening move? Especially given SBA means neither side has prior knowledge of one another? He's not going to know pounding Gyarados with electricity will be optimal until he tries it.

Apparently, he's a former master martial artist with a body made of winding, shapeshifting, elastic dragons with not only electrical powers, but fire-based powers, too.

He has many options. I'm not confident Electricity will be his first choice. If my above assumptions are correct:

Meanwhile, until he DOES try it, Gyarados is over 2 and a half times greater than him statistically.

Hitting Gyarados with electricity, he's hitting Gyarados with slightly over 1 and a half times Gyarados' AP/Durability, & electrical attacks do nothing to change that Gyarados's AP is more than 2 & a half times Orochi's own durability.

He's skilled, but even spamming electricity, Orochi is going to be playing catch up in a damage race & it doesn't improve his defenses.

Not only that, if his goal is to kill Gyarados, he'd have to actually wear Gyarados down, no?

Orochi:

Stamina: High.

No reasoning listed? What are his stamina feats? I don't doubt he's formidable, but how much so?

Gyarados:

Stamina: Very high (Stated to be capable of rampaging for an entire month without stopping)

So not only is his win condition to kill his opponent, but while Orochi is hitting roughly 1.5 times as hard his opponent's AP/Durability, his opponent is hitting about 2.5 times as hard as Orochi's own Durability, but has the Stamina to rampage a whole MONTH, non-stop.

Also, it might be arbitrary, I'd think "Very high" is better than "High".

Given that, I'm not SURE Orochi could exhaust/kill the rampaging Gyarados, especially if he doesn't start with electricity early enough, which it doesn't seem like he'll know or be inclined to do.

He opened with Electricity against Saitama. You have the chapter linked up there.

If Orochi senses that Gyarados is a threat he will go all out from the very beginning like he did with Saitama. And his strongest attack is electricity based.

Also, just for debate's sake, unless Im missing something, Gyarados starts inside a body of water, meaning he wont be able to dodge any of Orochi's most powerful attacks.

About stamina, idk, the guy can continue fighting after suffering some big wounds and is nearly impervious to pain. Psykos supposedly put him under near death situations time after time again.

And I dont think it works like "x4 damage", as that's a game thing.

Back