• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guts vs Yujiro Hanma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guts is Mach 98 vs Yujiro being above Mach 78 so right off the bat, he has the slight speed advantage, Yujiro has 4x the AP advantage

Isn't Guts' durability higher than his AP?

Also, I assume Yujiro is more skilled?

I think that with the speed advantage and the pain immunity/permanent bloodlust, Guts would probably take this high-diff imo

Guts attacks with dragon Slayer will hit yujiro's soul so that kinda even the ap gap

Ehh Yujiro has speed amps to close that gap and amps to increase his already 4x AP advantage. Plus that Class M lifting strength really puts the oof on Guts. Yujiro at any point can disarm Guts and beat him there. I know Guts is very skilled, but he really isn’t on Yujiro level yet. I vote Yujiro for his AP advantage, amps, Class M, and skill.

Guts is a very skilled swordsman but he comes nowhere near Yujiro

Speed is pretty much equal especially when factoring in Demon Back which might even put the advantage in Yujiro's favor

Yujiro has an at least 4x higher AP, enough to cause serious damage with a single hit

Can Guts actually directly cut the soul whilst ignoring the physical body? I don't remember that but it has been a while since I read the manga.

Actually no he can't, it says this on his profile;
While there are claims that Dragon Slayer negates durability by attacking the soul, this is not true, nor are claims it outright possesses a busted degree of regeneration negation (this argument commonly phrased as something to the effect of "Dragon Slayer kills with a scratch"). Its power is more along the lines of creating wounds that will never fully recover, and even if healed or regenerated, they will open up again. This isn't full-blown regeneration negation but will function as such when it comes to more debilitating injuries.
Feel like Yujiro wins easily, might even be a stomp just due to the AP gap tbh

Yeah all Yujiro has to do is grab the dragon Slayer and his way superior ls will do the rest

Okay, I'll try to analyse this, but imma already say that this is a conceptually awesome match. Guts is one of my favorite characters ever from any piece of media (And Berserk in general has a soft spot for me) and Yujiro is, well, Yujiro. I love how goofily badass he is.

So, AP. Yujiro has 4x the raw strength advantage, and this gets way more ridiculous if he uses his Demon Back (Allows him to one-shot and play with people who were otherwise equal to him and even taking very little damage to very strong, serious strikes of his base form) and techniques that amplify that, which are many. Guts does balance that a bit by using a sword, which minimizes contact area a lot and distributes force way better, and the Dragonslayer itself is, if I'm not mistaken, quite a bit stronger than Guts is, so this is helpful. Same goes for durability, if Yujiro fully employs his skills he can vastly outclass Guts, but at least Guts can block extremely well with the Dragonslayer and has also some incredible willpower and pain tolerance that helps his toughness. In LS there is no contest, Yujiro is both the vastly superior grappler, has powers that makes his grappling do insane, impossible stuff and has a vastly superior LS. I won't say that Guts is helpless, he has the tactical knowledge, toughness and skill to make the best of a bad situation (i.e., using his arm cannon when thrashed around by apostles stronger than he is) but it is a very bad disadvantage for him.

I'll already say that Yujiro should be about as fast than Guts, if not faster, and certainly way faster with techniques. Base Yujiro scales as significantly above the speed on his profile, and he continually grows stronger and faster over Baki, and not only that, but his Demon Back also amplifies his speed, and he has techniques that are pretty much insta-blitzes for even someone on his level. I'll be fair and say that Yujiro isn't one to abuse said techniques, especially when it ain't needed, but this doesn't look good. Strangely though, I feel like Guts is way more mobile than Yujiro; it's less that Yujiro can't do the stuff Guts does, but he simply does not do that in a fight.

Skill-wise, I'd like to comment, as I always do my apologies for being boring that skill isn't a simple matter. I agree that, yes, in general, Yujiro is vastly superior to Guts (and anything in Berserk really) in CQC and in direct combat. Yujiro has command over his own body, precision, technique, coordination and many other things far above anything ever shown in Berserk. However, there are aspects one ought to consider. First, Guts' tactical skill outclasses Yujiro. As in, usage of the environment, tactical thinking, making decisions based around unorthodox knowledge of otherwise non-combat things, Guts has consistently shown to be an excellent tactician. Yujiro is great too, and I don't really doubt he can do many of the things that Guts' can, but here's the thing: Yujiro simply doesn't care to do that. His fighting style does not encompasses that sort of fighting, so much that Gaia was thought (possibly with reason as Yujiro has very few feats in that sense) to have superior tactics than him, because he doesn't need to. This time he'll be fighting someone that isn't far off of him, and that is not only proficient at that sort of fighting, but actually thrives on it, and Guts is used to deal with opponents stronger and faster than him. Yujiro isn't used to dealing with people comparable to him that fight like, say, how Gaia would fight. The closest to that was Musashi, and he is still way too straightforward compared to Guts.

The second thing is that skill isn't a simple measurement that one can say to be superior to the other and there's that. There is much to say here but the argument is already too full to go on about it, but skill is infinitely complex and has a lot of push and pull. Even vastly less skilled foes can pull surprises against superior opponents, or even dominate them if their specific skillset has good counters to the more experienced foe. Now, I agree that those are the lesser probabilities for a good reason, but the ebb and flow of a fight isn't simple enough to allow a simple analysis of skill to grant certain and absolute advantage.

In powers and abilities, there are many interesting aspects and things to follow on this. The first one is that, thanks to Guts' armor, he might actually be protected from many of Yujiro's skills to a certain degrees, making pressure point strikes, strikes that rely on hitting the skin (Benda) and many other things non-effective. There's also the fact he'd resist Yujiro's aura and effects, and brush off any pain. His forced regeneration also helps him on staying on his feet. However, again, Yujiro's skillset is absolutely ridiculous, nothing on Guts' profile that can be effectively applied here is new to Yujiro, and he has several ways of taking care of Guts' attacks while the inverse is harder. Not impossible, but harder.

I believe Yujiro should take this with high difficulty, but it isn't impossible for Guts to win.

Yujiro handled a swordsman on par with Guts with Miyamoto
As much as I stan for Guts' skill, Musashi so accurately and precisely emulating every tiny detail of a katana slash while empty-handed that he can trick his opponents' danger sense into registering it as an actual hit from a katana is a bit above Guts' skill, at least in regards to precision

Okay, I'll try to analyse this, but imma already say that this is a conceptually awesome match. Guts is one of my favorite characters ever from any piece of media (And Berserk in general has a soft spot for me) and Yujiro is, well, Yujiro. I love how goofily badass he is.

So, AP. Yujiro has 4x the raw strength advantage, and this gets way more ridiculous if he uses his Demon Back (Allows him to one-shot and play with people who were otherwise equal to him and even taking very little damage to very strong, serious strikes of his base form) and techniques that amplify that, which are many. Guts does balance that a bit by using a sword, which minimizes contact area a lot and distributes force way better, and the Dragonslayer itself is, if I'm not mistaken, quite a bit stronger than Guts is, so this is helpful. Same goes for durability, if Yujiro fully employs his skills he can vastly outclass Guts, but at least Guts can block extremely well with the Dragonslayer and has also some incredible willpower and pain tolerance that helps his toughness. In LS there is no contest, Yujiro is both the vastly superior grappler, has powers that makes his grappling do insane, impossible stuff and has a vastly superior LS. I won't say that Guts is helpless, he has the tactical knowledge, toughness and skill to make the best of a bad situation (i.e., using his arm cannon when thrashed around by apostles stronger than he is) but it is a very bad disadvantage for him.

I'll already say that Yujiro should be about as fast than Guts, if not faster, and certainly way faster with techniques. Base Yujiro scales as significantly above the speed on his profile, and he continually grows stronger and faster over Baki, and not only that, but his Demon Back also amplifies his speed, and he has techniques that are pretty much insta-blitzes for even someone on his level. I'll be fair and say that Yujiro isn't one to abuse said techniques, especially when it ain't needed, but this doesn't look good. Strangely though, I feel like Guts is way more mobile than Yujiro; it's less that Yujiro can't do the stuff Guts does, but he simply does not do that in a fight.

Skill-wise, I'd like to comment, as I always do my apologies for being boring that skill isn't a simple matter. I agree that, yes, in general, Yujiro is vastly superior to Guts (and anything in Berserk really) in CQC and in direct combat. Yujiro has command over his own body, precision, technique, coordination and many other things far above anything ever shown in Berserk. However, there are aspects one ought to consider. First, Guts' tactical skill outclasses Yujiro. As in, usage of the environment, tactical thinking, making decisions based around unorthodox knowledge of otherwise non-combat things, Guts has consistently shown to be an excellent tactician. Yujiro is great too, and I don't really doubt he can do many of the things that Guts' can, but here's the thing: Yujiro simply doesn't care to do that. His fighting style does not encompasses that sort of fighting, so much that Gaia was thought (possibly with reason as Yujiro has very few feats in that sense) to have superior tactics than him, because he doesn't need to. This time he'll be fighting someone that isn't far off of him, and that is not only proficient at that sort of fighting, but actually thrives on it, and Guts is used to deal with opponents stronger and faster than him. Yujiro isn't used to dealing with people comparable to him that fight like, say, how Gaia would fight. The closest to that was Musashi, and he is still way too straightforward compared to Guts.

The second thing is that skill isn't a simple measurement that one can say to be superior to the other and there's that. There is much to say here but the argument is already too full to go on about it, but skill is infinitely complex and has a lot of push and pull. Even vastly less skilled foes can pull surprises against superior opponents, or even dominate them if their specific skillset has good counters to the more experienced foe. Now, I agree that those are the lesser probabilities for a good reason, but the ebb and flow of a fight isn't simple enough to allow a simple analysis of skill to grant certain and absolute advantage.

In powers and abilities, there are many interesting aspects and things to follow on this. The first one is that, thanks to Guts' armor, he might actually be protected from many of Yujiro's skills to a certain degrees, making pressure point strikes, strikes that rely on hitting the skin (Benda) and many other things non-effective. There's also the fact he'd resist Yujiro's aura and effects, and brush off any pain. His forced regeneration also helps him on staying on his feet. However, again, Yujiro's skillset is absolutely ridiculous, nothing on Guts' profile that can be effectively applied here is new to Yujiro, and he has several ways of taking care of Guts' attacks while the inverse is harder. Not impossible, but harder.

I believe Yujiro should take this with high difficulty, but it isn't impossible for Guts to win.
Well put. Yujiro fra

Yujiro low-maybe mid dif. Tho haven't watched everything on both of the shows

Yujiro FRA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back