• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gun boi VS Gun magical gal (Colton VS Mami Tomoe) (Stick Shenanigans VS Puella Magi Madoka Magica) (0-0-0)

Rules:
  • Speed is equalised
  • Robot armor Colton is used with his 7-A rating
  • Main Canon Mami is used (Though Magia record will be used if this is a stomp)
  • Both start 50 metres away from each other.
  • Random Encounter. Neither get any prior knowledge of each other.
  • SBA For everything else
tumblr_nyw836h9Kj1t04nofo6_1280.png

Track:

Stats:
  • Colton scales to baseline 7-A (100 Megatons)
  • Mami scales to baseline 7-A (100 Megatons) But can become higher though stat amps.
  • Both start with equal AP.
Who wins?:

"If the world bears into the darkness, light the world and it will also make a shadow.":

"There are more rational reasons guys! Just shoot them down!":

Heavy metal music intensifies (Inconclusive):

Colton starts with his laser canon and locking onto Mami tomoe
The laser cannons seem to be built-in to colton's armor, so i dunno if they reach significant size or not, but either way, Mami is an exceptionally skilled magical girl, and she can casually outperform yachiyo, who has been a magical girl for almost ten years, and with forcefield creation at her disposal and speed equalised she shouldn't have too many problems handling the laser cannons.

After that, she probably opens with gun danmaku. How would colton handle this?

Colton's dealt with this multiple times he'll just counter with his own guns
Whilst protecting himself in his tank (robot transformed into it)
He can do that? bro thinks he's megatron with that transformation 💀

If mami see's her usual strategy of blasting with guns doesn't work, then i could definitely see her using her ribbons to restrain him instead, (Which she uses quite frequently anyway) like she did in the clip when she couldn't land hits on yachiyo, and the tank transformation would make him a bigger and thus easier target to do that. Colton is Class T and Mami is Class K with ribbons, sure, but the only problem for colton is that mami's ribbons inflict Power Nullification, meaning that even walpurgisnacht, who should be way stronger than mami, obviously, couldn't get out of them As shown here, so if mami managed to get colton in those, it's basically game over.

They are also hard to defend against, even for the most skilled magical girls in the series, like yachiyo nanami in the clip on my previous reply, so if mami tries to use these consistently and at her skill level, colton could be in big trouble.

Last edited:
Mami also doesn't tend to use Tiro Finale at the beginning of a fight, and it's the only move of hers i know of that she says out loud, so unless colton lasts long enough i don't see that piano messing her up, lol

He can do that? bro thinks he's megatron with that transformation 💀

If mami see's her usual strategy of blasting with guns doesn't work, then i could definitely see her using her ribbons to restrain him instead, (Which she uses quite frequently anyway) like she did in the clip when she couldn't land hits on yachiyo, and the tank transformation would make him a bigger and thus easier target to do that. Colton is Class T and Mami is Class K with ribbons, sure, but the only problem for colton is that mami's ribbons inflict Power Nullification, meaning that even walpurgisnacht, who should be way stronger than mami, obviously, couldn't get out of them As shown here, so if mami managed to get colton in those, it's basically game over.
If so Colton will put the tank back to robo mode and avoid the ribbons and then shoot out lots of rockets at Mami
They are also hard to defend against, even for the most skilled magical girls in the series, like yachiyo nanami in the clip on my previous reply, so if mami tries to use these consistently and at her skill level, colton could be in big trouble.
Colton can fight against millions of (with 9) tentacles (you'll have so much fun!) Colton would fly away from the ribbons too.

If so Colton will put the tank back to robo mode and avoid the ribbons and then shoot out lots of rockets at Mami

Colton can fight against millions of (with 9) tentacles (you'll have so much fun!) Colton would fly away from the ribbons too.
Millions of tentacles? lol, How does that work? I know what you’re doing

I suppose that’s fair, since they are fighting in a pretty open space, but on the other hand, Mami should be able to defend from Colton’s rockets effectively with her skill, plus her prior experience with homing attacks from fighting Kyoko In Madoka Portable I believe, as well as teaching her how to do everything she knows now, so I think along with her kit, Mami should defend just as well, if not better.

So if they both kick off the fight within a stalemate, Colton outmanoeuvring Mami in the long-term would be extremely difficult. Colton’s acrobatics is comparable to whisper who can do flips mid-fight, but Mami is far more skilled and acrobatic than the likes of Sayaka, who has no problem fighting dozens of familiars at once and fighting a witch (Patricia) whose labyrinth has barely any solid ground to stand on and still coming out on top, although she had help from Madoka and Early Homura. Among other things, I think Mami should be more agile, which could give her an advantage if the fight went on long enough.

How skilled is Colton compared to other members of the epic gang? He seems to be pretty skilled for his verse, although he’s only been in a war for 2 years, whilst Mami has been fighting a lot more varied opponents multiple times each day for at least as long bare minimum (Her backstory implies that she’s been a magical girl for years) along with outpacing people who are more experienced than her like yachiyo and homura.

Last edited:
How skilled is Colton compared to other members of the epic gang? He seems to be pretty skilled for his verse, although he’s only been in a war for 2 years, whilst Mami has been fighting a lot more varied opponents multiple times each day for at least as long bare minimum (Her backstory implies that she’s been a magical girl for years) along with outpacing people who are more experienced than her like yachiyo and homura.
He's more skilled than Nebula who was trained to be a galactic warrior to protect her planet for 8 years (kinda like Leaf girl with the devil) he's stated multiple times by Epic Gang to be the most powerful member (only in base, so technically it should apply to him here) he can always pause mami and start attacking her from there (though once he's done with the attacks he'll unpaude her from there 👀) what would mami do after that?

He's more skilled than Nebula who was trained to be a galactic warrior to protect her planet for 8 years (kinda like Leaf girl with the devil) he's stated multiple times by Epic Gang to be the most powerful member (only in base, so technically it should apply to him here) he can always pause mami and start attacking her from there (though once he's done with the attacks he'll unpaude her from there 👀) what would mami do after that?
That doesn't look like it's on the profile, and also means he has been training since he was at least 6 including the war, but colton does seem to have prior skill anyway, seeing as he could infiltrate area 51 before he was even 14, so i prolly won't question it.

99% of magical girls are basically self-taught, and mami is often renowned as this super skilled magical girl in magia record, especially since she was fighting the holy quintet when she went crazy all at once in season 2 of it's anime adaptation, so in terms of status they are pretty much equals. Still, if colton is trained from an actual warrior i don't see him getting completely overwhelmed like before, although he'd still have to watch out, since once he gets caught by mami's ribbons it's basically game over for him.

Hold up, he can pause mami? (I didn't see the paralysis inducement, lol) That would give colton a big opportunity to deal damage, although to actually kill her he'd have to hit her soul gem, which he can't see since it's on her forehead, and since this is a random encounter he doesn't even know what a magical girl is anyway, lol. How in character is it for him to use that in the first place? it sounds like an instant-kill move for most dudes in SS

(Gon be a while, i got a test lol)

Hold up, he can pause mami? (I didn't see the paralysis inducement, lol) That would give colton a big opportunity to deal damage, although to actually kill her he'd have to hit her soul gem, which he can't see since it's on her forehead, and since this is a random encounter he doesn't even know what a magical girl is anyway, lol. How in character is it for him to use that in the first place? it sounds like an instant-kill move for most dudes in SS
He's likely to do it when Mami gets annoyed by him
That doesn't look like it's on the profile, and also means he has been training since he was at least 6 including the war, but colton does seem to have prior skill anyway, seeing as he could infiltrate area 51 before he was even 14, so i prolly won't question it.
Tbf the Nebula galactic thing is a upcoming thing for her backstory
(Gon be a while, i got a test lol)
(Hope you pass it 🙏)

He's likely to do it when Mami gets annoyed by him
Unless things are going south for her, Mami tends to keep a cool head, and even when she "despises" someone (Like homura in this scene, since she was gonna nagisa) she doesn't really seem to be annoyed, so if she's not visibly angry i don't see colton using that. Even then, as long as mami's soul gem isn't hit, she'll survive any attacks

What are colton's wincons here? It's kind of hard to decide who wins without going over that since they'll just be blasting each other continuously.

Unless things are going south for her, Mami tends to keep a cool head, and even when she "despises" someone (Like homura in this scene, since she was gonna nagisa) she doesn't really seem to be annoyed, so if she's not visibly angry i don't see colton using that. Even then, as long as mami's soul gem isn't hit, she'll survive any attacks
Oh pfffttt I mean when Mami annoys him.
What are colton's wincons here? It's kind of hard to decide who wins without going over that since they'll just be blasting each other continuously.
Colton uses Biden blast-

Colton freezing Mami and blasting her on sight, making the fight a musical, Colton grappling her, And absolutely nuking Mami with over 100 rockets and lasers (I think)

Oh pfffttt I mean when Mami annoys him.
Oh alr, lol
Colton freezing Mami and blasting her on sight
There's probably no guarantee he actually breaks her soul gem, which is also more durable than herself, especially since they can only be broken by magical girls themselves. Which means that if mami survives, this will kick in and give her an advantage:
making the fight a musical
If mami still has control over herself idk what this does, but if she doesn't this is basically just a win button lol, and depending on how in-character it is for him might make this a stomp (frick)
Colton grappling her
What would he do next? If he gets in close mami will take the opportunity to use her ribbons, which is one of her wincons, so he'd have to do something fast
And absolutely nuking Mami with over 100 rockets and lasers (I think)
Mami can also do this, since she can make her bullets explode, and can also just hit coltons bullets and rockets with them like she did here to deflect all of them, so that might not be very reliable, and would also make it incredibly hard for colton to land hits conventionally

As for mami, her wincons would be catching colton with her ribbons to power null him completely, or hitting him enough times to kill thanks to his lack of immortality (Which could be possible early on because of the above ^) there's probably more but i can't think of any others on the spot rn

Javen if you manage to beat a madoka character imma make an oc for it plus give them one for all cause why not 💀

Back