• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
First up, Multi-Galaxy level Durability:

Do I need to mention how this is an obvious outlier? This should be removed, for the same reason Town level Dipper (Sorry for shining light on this) or Large Planet level Spongebob were never implemented. They contradict literally every other showing in the series.

Next up, Gumball's 9-B to 8-C AP:

If Penny's shell was able to tank a lightning bolt, then that is a Building level+ feat, as lightning bolts tend to generate 5 gigajoules of energy.

Anybody who scales to Gumball in any way or shares these feats must also get these revisions.

EDIT:

Darkanine mentions below that there are a lot of Tier 8 feats in the series and if anybody could present them that would be great.

I am also highlighting this thread because that Multi-Galaxy level durability ranking is still there.

I completely agree that the 3-B feat is a major outlier.

I'm fine with Tier 9 or 8.

From a series with Low 2-C reality warping from having a job, I don't think 3-B from going back in time is an outlier. Plus, there is also apparently a feat where Gumball tanks the destruction of the universe.

I'd bring up the source but I'm not the one who found it.

How does a Low 2-C feat that doesn't scale to durability, and doesn't even scale to Gumball whatsoever, make Gumball's 3-B durability feat that is contradicted by pretty much every other showing not an outlier?

Shouldn't that 3-B durability be mentioned as: "....Multi-Galaxy level with max toonforce?"

Regular/Normal durability & Durability that involves Cartoon Physics/Toonforce are 2 different things.

No. That is being way too generous.

If we went by that logic, we would've allowed 7-C Dipper and 5-A Spongebob.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
No. That is being way too generous.

If we went by that logic, we would've allowed 7-C Dipper and 5-A Spongebob.
It's not that really much of a bother, just saying. Also with max toonforce, Gumball & Darwin survived a powerful blast from the Universal Console as well.

"7-C Dipper?" That sounds terrible imo & I mostly agree with only Small Building level durability feat from tanking Bill Cipher's laser should be accepted since its more consistent and nothing seems to contradict that.

"5-A Spongebob?" Man, I need to lay off these drugs after hearing this.

@Magi yep . Also there was that gaming episode which they fought a being who was the God of an Alternate Timeline , threatened to destroy the real world and apparently was implied to be capable of doing it , and they took bloodlusted hits from it . I'll have to look extensively to find it though .

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
@Magi yep . Also there was that gaming episode which they fought a being who was the God of an Alternate Timeline , threatened to destroy the real world and apparently was implied to be capable of doing it , and they took bloodlusted hits from it . I'll have to loo extensively to find it though .
Which cartoon character(s) you're implying about in this paragraph?

Gumball and Darwin took on the God of a Universe inside their game. It stated it had the power to end their universe, and they took bloodlusted attacks from him. That's all i remember off hand .

Again, it's a blatant outlier compared to how frequently Gumball and Darwin are both potrayed as much weaker.

Even if there were 15 episodes where Gumball and Darwin both fought such a character, there would still be another 182 episodes where they have not, and are portrayed as much weaker, with average human weaknesses. Considering this, Tier 9 or 8 would be generous for the verse.

@ArbitraryNumbers Many people just don't seem to think outliers exist in cartoons for some reason.

..... Calm down much ? I literally just gave an example and a opinion. Did i even say which side i went for ? No. I believe outliers exists... All i fricking did was give examples of it happening... I never went into detail on whether it was an outlier or not . I believe in helping both sides of an argument .... Is that wrong ?

@Ryukama To be fair, he did say it was via max toon force.

It's really not Toon Force, though. Just powerscaling two regular citizens to the literal God of another universe.

I'm honestly surprised nobody had ever said anything about this 3-B durability feat before.

@The 2nd Existential Seed

We're not being hostile or anything. The notion of these Low 2-C feats not being outliers is just wrong, and when you bring up more Low 2-C feats without clarifying anything, it looks like you're trying to argue for Low 2-C.

You seem to be under the impression that we think you've done a misdeed here. That is not the case at all. If you plan to help both sides then that's great.

@2nd I'm sorry if I offended you, however I wasn't referring to you in particular. Rather something I've noticed in general with cartoon related threads.

Sorry for the misunderstanding then. I definitely should have given more hints to my true objective. However, helping both sides... That is generally my plan. If I can't find a way to help both sides, I usually become neutral. Anyways... Let's continue:

- It is likely an outlier. I understand that. I gave examples of those high ends to help the ones , if anyone is at the minute , arguing it's consistent . Some feats however do take places back to back, living the Universal Remote tidbit... It happened in 2-3 episodes in a row.

- At the same time, the ratio is .... ridiculously outlandish. Like , 381:32 in terms of which is more consistent , tier 8-9 or tier 3-2, which is leaving heavily towards the first , which is tier 8-9 . - The opposition likely would say something like " Toonforce allows you to be at any level depending on what is needed for that storyline or for the funny factor" - That is true. However, consistency takes more precedence than that. They need to consistently be on that level for it to be any sense. It's why we downgraded users of said toonforce in the past ( Bigs Bunny , Chowder , Edd Edd & Eddy , and quite a few more.

It's alright. I shouldn't have made it seem like I was talking about people in this thread when I was really bringing up a gripe I've had with cartoon discussions in general.

I guess there's no stopping this. I hope the current season gives us better feats so we can upgrade them again.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Gumball and Darwin took on the God of a Universe inside their game. It stated it had the power to end their universe, and they took bloodlusted attacks from him. That's all i remember off hand .
Mk.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
@Ryukama To be fair, he did say it was via max toon force.

It's really not Toon Force, though. Just powerscaling two regular citizens to the literal God of another universe.

I'm honestly surprised nobody had ever said anything about this 3-B durability feat before.
I probably should of responded to this before earlier but oh well.

Gumball has strange levels of Regenerationn, toonforce, reality warping, and surprisingly high intellect while Darwin is basically Aquaman but more of a fish and Gumball's equal in various other ways. So I wouldn't consider them as "just your average, everyday, regular citizens."

Same goes for me too.

All of those abilities seem to stem from their Toon Force if I'm not mistaken; it's a very common trend in cartoons. Doesn't mean they're not regular citizens with regular weaknesses. Their "powers and abilities" greatly fluctuate depending on what is most entertaining for the situation at hand, and more often than not there is no consistency to them, which is why I think it's somewhat generous to give this verse a Tier 9 or 8 ranking.

Assuming that you're using this as an argument for Low 2-C, you still need to get around the fact that there's tons of feats that contradict such a ranking and you don't even need to be knowledgeable on the verse to know that; all you need to do is consider the nature of cartoons and our tendencies when ranking such verses (I should start a thread).

While I think cutting cartoon characters a little bit of slack on this kind of stuff is fine, as asking for linear shonen manga levels of consistency is a but too much to ask of a cartoon, we must still demand some sort of consistency. 3-B needs to go and Low 2-C is definitely not happening.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
All of those abilities seem to stem from their Toon Force if I'm not mistaken; it's a very common trend in cartoons. Doesn't mean they're not regular citizens with regular weaknesses. Their "powers and abilities" greatly fluctuate depending on what is most entertaining for the situation at hand, and more often than not there is no consistency to them, which is why I think it's somewhat generous to give this verse a Tier 9 or 8 ranking.
Assuming that you're using this as an argument for Low 2-C, you still need to get around the fact that there's tons of feats that contradict such a ranking and you don't even need to be knowledgeable on the verse to know that; all you need to do is consider the nature of cartoons and our tendencies when ranking such verses (I should start a thread).

While I think cutting cartoon characters a little bit of slack on this kind of stuff is fine, as asking for linear shonen manga levels of consistency is a but too much to ask of a cartoon, we must still demand some sort of consistency. 3-B needs to go and Low 2-C is definitely not happening.
1. Yea, you may be right about that and it sometimes depends on the cartoon.

2. Never (x3) said this applies to their AP, attempted to agree for them to have 4th-Dimensional AP in any way, and suggested anything about their AP being upgraded to a range besides Durability.

For now, I think the range should be between Multi-Galaxy level to (3D) Universal with max toonforce based on the durability feats Gumball & Darwin performed in the series. Another thing, I'm pretty sure a suggestion like that won't happen in this wiki, whether or not I should mention this at all.

3. Nobody was claiming or defending Gumball & Darwin being Low 2-C though.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
which is why I think it's somewhat generous to give this verse a Tier 9 or 8 ranking.

This right here is the point where you need to **** off and grow a few brain cells it wouldv'e been understandble if you said "The Main characters" or something of that nature but the verse as a whole IS clearly,undeniably low 2-C[1]

Ducktales123 said:
This right here is the point where you need to **** off and grow a few brain cells it wouldv'e been understandble if you said "The Main characters" or something of that nature but the verse as a whole IS clearly,undeniably low 2-C[1]

You're being rather rude here.

Anyways I'm sure you knew what I meant. Of course I know there are Low 2-C feats in the series, but Gumball and the others do not scale.

Also, care do define "Low 2-C in nature"?

@Ducktales Dude, that was clearly unnecessary to curse out to one of the Staff members & I think you need to apologize now to him when you still got the chance to.

If you don't, any other Staff member who caught you saying this here will immediately use the ban hammer on you since you have already been received a warning for your racism in a different thread.

I wouldn't call the n-word racist necessarily unless the hard -er was used, but the rules are the rules.

Anyways I disagree with giving Gumball 3-B durability. Just because we're cutting him some slack doesn't mean we should just throw out consistency altogether.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I wouldn't call the n-word racist necessarily unless the hard -er was used, but the rules are the rules.
Anyways I disagree with giving Gumball 3-B durability. Just because we're cutting him some slack doesn't mean we should just throw out consistency altogether.
I meant that in a technical way btw.

3-B to 3-A with max toonforce* based on his durability feats which I'm defending but I know it won't be accepted here anyways and yes, we can't ignore consistency just because its toonforce durability & not regular.

I guess Town level Dipper will never die, huh...

Anyway. Gumball and Darwin didn't even really tank the Big Bang, it happened waaaay in the background and they just took a small fraction of it if memory serves. Outlier regardless.

Given the nature of the show, theirs probably Tier 8 feats in a few episodes if you're willing to dig. Pretty sure Nicole has a bunch of tier 8 feats too.

Yeah like I said I'm fine with giving the characters some wiggling room because Toon Force isn't gonna be consistent, but if there truly is a bunch of Tier 8 feats then I'm alright with a solid Tier 8 ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back