• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guardians and Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Every guardian should have a resistance to soul manipulation, as a soul does not seem to be a concept that's terribly important to their survival. What they really care about is the Light. While we were previously equating the Light to a soul, this isn't really correct, as we've learned recently by finding some old lore and from the new Thorn.

To preface some of the examples here, the PvP mode of the Crucible is a real event that canonically exists, and due to their ressurective powers guardians do freely use live ammo and kill one another with their powers. Due to this, it shouldn't be argued "oh they're just pulling their punches and not really using their abilities" when this goes against Shaxx's philosophy for the crucible. The man once refused to ban a weapon infamous for permanantly killing Guardians, to further emphasize this. But anyways, onto the examples:

• Voidwalker Warlocks have a regular melee ability called Soul Rip. Obviously hitting a guardain with your regular melee does not permenantly kill them.
  • Written by the Ghost of a mad Guardai. Ghosts are repositories of the Light of a Guardian, and are what they use to ressurect. Cyrell started to kill people's ghosts to let the dead have a permenant rest instead of being superpowered slaves to an endless war, and as such his ghost fled from him. If Light was the soul, the Ghost would have taken that with it. However, it talks about sensing his soul, establishing the two as different.
  • Other enemies such as Nokris and Riven of a Thousand Voices are able to use the Hive Soulfire, which burns away at souls. Guardians can take it. Does a huge amount of damage from Riven, but basically everything she does is that way.
As such, I and the other DG members believe that Guardians should have: Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Souls are not a particularly important concept to Guardains, who frequently endure both damage to them and their destruction). Exo Guardians like Saint-14 also have "Exos don't have souls" added on.

Sure, makes sense to me.

This seems fine, but honestly if they can live without their souls and it happens often, it seems closer to 'High Resistance'. There seems to be no way generally to pull out their souls for the most part.

Bump?

I am PK and I approve this message.

I am Bambu and I am a copycat

It will be a full day since the thread's inception in an hour or so. If nobody dissents by then, I will apply this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back