• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Guardian vs Sephiroth

Theglassman12 said:
he would win with the AP advantage. But that's about it.
So you admit he wins but the one regenerative ability gives him the win

Thank you for proving my point

BTW OP I'm voting Hunter via his regen

no, the guardian having resistance to everything sephi has AND the regen makes this a massive stomp.

your examples didn't have any good comparisons when in those matches you brought up, the guys in the thread said that the loser has a chance at winning.

Gargoyle One said:
You should probably read the threads again, Decay couldn't work against Ryuko and Derieri's wasn't applicable in combat as also stated in the threads respectably.
No they didn't, read it again.

If my examples are not good you should be able to give reasons why they're not

Since you haven't, I assume they actually are.

Welp, from what I saw in the video of the attack, his strike can be deflected, or rather redirected to the sephiroth, the Guardian Vector Manipulation can know the speed even our galactic drift relative to the cosmic microwave and change it. Manipulating the cause and effect should also be able to prevent the attack.

Edit: I forgot to quote, creating black holes can also prevent this.

@Gargoyle the ahzek matches had characters that even Azzy himself stated that would give him some trouble, which therefore makes them legitimate matches.

Of course, yes, but the guardian level itself is quite varied, but anyway, I do not remember AP > Hax, considering that as the hax works it can easily fight a larger AP.

@Glass Don't sidestep my example as if I didn't bother derailing the ***** out of the thread talking to you about it

Whoah

CRT that man that is interesting

Edit: And apparently Gkass ignored the entire discussion we had before, switched it and then says that he isn't sidestepping, but at least it's finally done

@Shooting The novels could lead to something related to low godly.

@Gargoyle I fail to see how I sidestepped there when you yourself brought up Ahzek in the first place, but I digress.

Questions:

1) If this guy is supposed to be 4-B, I take he doesnt have 2-A resistances scaling from fighting 2-As? Because otherwise he'd be straight and plain 2-A and that 4-B rating is unnecessary.

2) How good are his resistances?

3) how high in 4-B is he?

4) can he come back from BFR?

5) is his Low godly soul dependant?

The real cal howard said:
Simple. He takes the Omnislash and dies to it. He comes back via some sort of convoluted method. Burden of proof'd be on you to prove that him being hacked to death by Cloud is more than what meets the eye.
Sephiroth didnt die in FFVII, though.

1) This 2-A rating will be removed by myself, I'm still reviewing a few things before I start.

2) I would say of the highest level, at least the majority that is listed there.

3) I did not quite understand question, he would be a normal 4-B maybe bigger, he is scaled with oryx which in turn killed a race that made webs of stars.

4) Yeah, even in a separate plane is spatially, dimensionally, temporarily, it can come back, in addition to having resistance to it.

5) Even without his soul or mind, as long as his light is present, he can return.

5) What is this light you speak of?

2) "of the highest level" is vague, what are the resistances scaled to?

3) I meant kilo foes, megafoes... Baseline...

Theglassman12 said:
Cloud killed him by just slashing him enough times to die. If a sword combo can kill him, spatial hax can do the job just fine.
Party defeats Sephiroth's body.

Cloud defeats Seph's mind/soul after they destroy his body. His consciousness split in Loz, Kadaj and i dont remember the third's name.

Sephiroth is still alive in FFAC (from the very beginning).

And slashing him is enough to kill him? Heck, I could argue Mid Godly regen and it'd be more easy to defend that Ganon's.

2) Welp, most come from attacks of hive beings like oryx, the vexs and crota, etc (profiles that I will do in the future).

3) Not sure, the feat itself is a lore.

5) Light is the energy of the guardian, it is what makes it different and special, which gives it powers and protects it.

If Sephiroth kills the Guardian the Ghost will be prompted to ressurect him,thus Sephiroth kills the Ghost and the Guardian is reduced to virtually peak human stats.

Hunter doesn't really have any hax themselves,they have a golden gun that shoots with the heat of the sun,bow and arrow that will slow you down and reduce your stats by quite a bit if your tethered,and a staff that well doesn't really do much except channel some lightning around.

I would not count on it. What resurrect the guardian is the light of the ghost, but its light can reach him crossing the infinite between spaces. And also it is not an obligation the ghost to appear, so much that it is invoked if it wants, if it does not want can be resurrected even without the presence of it, this is obviously something unique of the PC being cayde very different.

The Ghost is always with the Guardian,if I remember correctly they're simply just stealthed due to their non existence durability they're easily destroyed. Also where is infinite range coming from? Do you mean the traveler's light?

The ghost itself is protected by its own light too, but ... the cayde left his guard open and gave what he gave.

Light has a quotation to be omnipresent unless it is blocked, and the light itself is a living entity, the traveler being something of his imperfect physical embodiment.

If the ghost is with the guardian, doesnt Supernova kill both of them at the same time?

The light is simply the power source of the ghost,in order to aid the Guardians which at least has a range of solar system wide if not universal.Every ghost has different personality so what Cayde's Ghost does has nothing to do with our ghost.The ghost themselves have no durability feats and are very easily destroyed.

Really? Is that serious? Any guardian always has his body destroyed and can return, and I do not speak of resurrection but of coming back even

@PaChi

The ghost lives dematerialized, and talks to the guardian telepathically so it is impossible for that to happen.

"@PaChi

The ghost lives dematerialized, and talks to the guardian telepathically so it is impossible for that to happen."

Sephiroth can attack souls. If the ghost is in his range, it dies.

"Body Destroyed", well yeah but that is very vague,which instace of ressurection suggest Low-Godly?

"Guardians can be rebuilt after even total disintegrative trauma. This capability is provided by a small autonomous drone unit called a Dead Person [trans. unclear]. The Dead Perso conceals itself during combat. It is not a viable target for direct fire. Saturation attack by artillery/heavy air/orbital fire may have good effect (although Guardians transmat frequently and refuse to assemble into large formations)." Is this not High regen?

@Pachi

They're only invisible,AOE attacks should work via this lore or if you can see invisble things even better.

@Sigurd

Well, the guardian when he returns after having all his body erased, is due to light (it is noticeable it), as it is known is something basic to attack with void manipulation, it is basically an EE since it is devoid of space and time, all guardians can come back from this, not with their ghost but their light.

@PaChi

Ghosts are just the name, they are living machines, they have no mind or soul, and they live dematerialized and protected by their own light, it is impossible to detect or attack them without the guardian making them appear.

Archaron said:
@Sigurd

Well, the guardian when he returns after having all his body erased, is due to light (it is noticeable it), as it is known is something basic to attack with void manipulation, it is basically an EE since it is devoid of space and time, all guardians can come back from this, not with their ghost but their light.

@PaChi

Ghosts are just the name, they are living machines, they have no mind or soul, and they live dematerialized and protected by their own light, it is impossible to detect or attack them without the guardian making them appear.
Just letting you know, but coming back from EE is mid godly regen.

Really? Welp. I'll note this for future review, but for now, as I'm tired, the explanation of the low godly stay for tomorrow later.

Where is it stated a Guardian can come back from existence erasure?,as I have a direct quote from the lore of their regenerative limits.Which is being disintegrated.

If we were to use game mechanics it would be much higher,seeing as how when they enter no ressurection zones they come back to life anyways.Or am I missing something?

Back