• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grunkle Stanley Intelligence Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Dom470

He/Him
So yeah Stanley's intelligence feels kinda overlooked, like the man basically did a Supergenius feat and we just brush him off as Above Average? I highly doubt a slightly above average person could fix a portal that shakes the multiverse, hell I doubt the smartest person of all time could even conceptualize how the portal works.

Granted he had Stanfords journals but if someone handed me a blueprint for a rocket ship I'd be completely clueless on how to build it let alone an inter-dimensional portal. Now he did have thirty years but it's not like he just mindlessly hammered at it for 30 years until something worked, chances are he tried learning about all the same things Ford did and on some level he clearly did. Some of these things would have involved 5th-Dimensional Calculus, Hyper-Advanced Engineering, Applied Quantum Phase Theory and a Temporal Displacement Hyperdrive. All things I doubt even the smartest people could realistically figure out in any finite amount of time.

Taught a bear to drive and convinced two officers that the bear was prescribed by the doctor

He was also able to escape from the government despite being handcuffed by using the gravitational anomaly caused by the machine to outskill the agents inside

Decades of criminal experience even invented two crimes

The only really notable one here is the first point but I added the other stuff just as an extra addition

Either way the fact that he was able to go 30 years stealing equipment to build the portal without ever getting caught (Until the portal was literally starting up so it's not surprising that he got a little sloppier) it's also pretty impressive that he was able to even know what the correct equipment for the portal was in the first place let alone scouting out places to rob well enough for no one to ever even come looking. Also it's likely that Stanley created the secret vending machine door since why would Ford have a vending machine in his house? I'd buy that he has a secret door considering how paranoid he was but a vending machine? That would look so out of place and wouldn't make any sense for a guy like Ford to make into a secret doorway especially when you consider that Ford was only really scared of Bill getting to the portal so making a secret doorway to conceal the basement wouldn’t make sense since Bill already knew that basement was there. Also as a cool little side note Ford himself stated that Stanley would have been able to see through Bills manipulation so Ford was confident that Stan would have been able to see through a Supergenius that has spent trillions of years manipulating highly intelligent people across the multiverse that Stanford himself was fooled by.

Everything here are "unreported crimes" meaning he got away with them without ever being caught. The two important ones being breeding wolves and pretending to be a veteran.
UNREPORTED%20CRIMES.png

The fact that even Bill seems to be impressed with the super wolf seems to imply that Stan was actually successful in breeding a "super wolf" which would surely require some knowledge on genetics, biology, zoology, etc.

He also made up a completely fake story for being a veteran with a completely fake country and he was so good at keeping this lie going that it has it's own wikipedia page that he regularly updates all just for PEZ.

TLDR;
  • Faked his death and stole his brothers identity without anyone ever noticing
  • Extremely skilled in engineering and electrical as he likely made a secret door to the basement which would have required somehow engineering the vending machine to slide open when the correct code is inputted
  • Got away with stealing advanced technology and equipment from the government to build the portal for 3 decades
  • Likely learned everything Stanford knew about portal creation (5th-Dimensional Calculus, Hyper-Advanced Engineering, Applied Quantum Phase Theory)
  • Is the one who came up with the plan to destroy Bill
  • Ford said that Stanley would have been able to see through Bill's manipulation
  • Breeding "super wolves" that seemingly even impressed Bill
  • Convinced people he was a veteran by creating a fake conflict in a fake country and created a wikipedia page for that conflict

So yeah all of this seems to be At least Genius, possibly Extraordinary Genius

Last edited:
Anyway:
Granted he had Stanfords journals but if someone handed me a blueprint for a rocket ship I'd be completely clueless on how to build it let alone an inter-dimensional portal. Now he did have thirty years but it's not like he just mindlessly hammered at it for 30 years until something worked, chances are he tried learning about all the same things Ford did and on some level he clearly did. Some of these things would have involved 5th-Dimensional Calculus, Hyper-Advanced Engineering, Applied Quantum Phase Theory and a Temporal Displacement Hyperdrive. All things I doubt even the smartest people could realistically figure out in any finite amount of time.
Stanley being smart enough to rebuild The Portal by himself is against the entire narrative of the GF main series and the books

It is far more likely that Journal 1 and 2 had good explanations about how built The Portal and Stan just got information from them. Learning the hard stuff would be less harder given the amount of time he had

The first part is okay, but the whole thing about Blubs and Durland is that they are dumb and bad at their job, convincing them of anything ins't a good feat at all

Decades of criminal experience even invented two crimes
The two crimes he invented were just gags based on already pre-existing crimes tbh

Either way the fact that he was able to go 30 years stealing equipment to build the portal without ever getting caught (Until the portal was literally starting up so it's not surprising that he got a little sloppier) it's also pretty impressive that he was able to even know what the correct equipment for the portal was in the first place let alone scouting out places to rob well enough for no one to ever even come looking.
I suppose this is fine, although Ford directly talks about where he got the material for The Portal in Journal 3 and likely on the other Journals

Also it's likely that Stanley created the secret vending machine door since why would Ford have a vending machine in his house? I'd buy that he has a secret door considering how paranoid he was but a vending machine? That would look so out of place and wouldn't make any sense for a guy like Ford to make into a secret doorway especially when you consider that Ford was only really scared of Bill getting to the portal so making a secret doorway to conceal the basement wouldn’t make sense since Bill already knew that basement was there.
We don't have any confirmation on who invented it, but giving the whole "Stanley ins't generally smart regarding complex technology" plot on GF, i would personally say it was Ford

Also as a cool little side note Ford himself stated that Stanley would have been able to see through Bills manipulation so Ford was confident that Stan would have been able to see through a Supergenius that has spent trillions of years manipulating highly intelligent people across the multiverse that Stanford himself was fooled by.
Bill tricking Ford ins't impressive as it supposedly seems to be tbh, Bill did so by directly talking about Ford's biggest weakness (His family) and being "a friend" to him, this is also due to Bill being extremely charismatic (As pointed by his profile giant Social Influencing description) rather than just Intelligence

Stanley not being easily tricked by Bill is due to his experience as a con man and a trickster

In Short: I disagree with Extraordinary Genius, however, i ain't opposed to a Genius rating

Last edited:
I suppose this is a good Intelligence Section to Stanley:

It should be noted, however that, while i ain't opposed to a Genius rating, i ain't 100% sure on it

Stan being at least Gifted seems fine to me, though

Last edited:
The thing is that this is fiction, this kind of mumbo jumbo can be potrayed as normal science too in-verse.

Stanford also did put a lot of formulas and how he came to these conclusions, didn't he? I think this is clear enough that with 30 years Stanley had plenty of time to eventually figure out how that thing works. It'd been impressive if he did in 1 year or so, but 30? Come on now.

The rest was already explained from @Accelerated_Evolution, he saved me the trouble.

It should be noted, however that, while i ain't opposed to a Genius rating, i ain't 100% sure on it
I think that "Gifted, likely Genius" fits more tbh. If we look at the definitions this place uses:

Gifted: Characters who demonstrate high reasoning ability, can master difficult concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capability or notable mastery in intellectual or specific academic fields, which makes them equivalent to real-world experts in these areas.

Genius: Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, usually in one area of varying depth. This level of intellect is the level of real-world geniuses, polymaths, and genuinely extremely prominent intellectuals, and, in the absence of better feats, should be the default intelligence category for fictional characters with exceptional or superhuman intelligence.

The criminal shit is mostly Gifted, as real world criminals can go on the run for over 10 years, some never being caught, despite some never being that high in general intelligence.

I'd put a "likely Genius" mostly because of him being capable of still understanding irrealistic science crap over 30 years, but nothing beyond it tbh.

I think that "Gifted, likely Genius" fits more tbh. If we look at the definitions this place uses:

Gifted: Characters who demonstrate high reasoning ability, can master difficult concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capability or notable mastery in intellectual or specific academic fields, which makes them equivalent to real-world experts in these areas.

Genius: Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, usually in one area of varying depth. This level of intellect is the level of real-world geniuses, polymaths, and genuinely extremely prominent intellectuals, and, in the absence of better feats, should be the default intelligence category for fictional characters with exceptional or superhuman intelligence.

The criminal shit is mostly Gifted, as real world criminals can go on the run for over 10 years, some never being caught, despite some never being that high in general intelligence.

I'd put a "likely Genius" mostly because of him being capable of still understanding irrealistic science crap over 30 years, but nothing beyond it tbh.
That was the rating that i initially thought, funnily enough

I agree with it

I agree with it

Bump (Cuz I added two new things)
For the record being a serial killer and never getting caught vs being a con artist and high risk robber and never getting caught are two completely different things.

For one thing a majority of serial killer target people who are low risk, people who are physically weaker, people who can't or won't call for help, and or people who wont be reported missing. Even seemingly "impressive/intelligent" killers who pulled off some high risk kills are generally older cases and thus are helped a lot by police being a lot more incompetent back then and also forensic technology not being as advanced.

Compare that to Stan who would have stolen from the actual government (Which couldn't be higher risk especially considering the likely extremely expensive equipment being stolen), and continued to get away with it for thirty years implying that not only was he good enough to never be suspected by the government but he was also good enough to not leave behind anything that could lead back to him meaning he probably did extensive prep on his heists and even when technology started to get really good with security cameras, human security guards, etc he could adapt relatively easily.

Basically in the case of super prolific serial killers they're helped a lot by: Lack of good technology/security, low risk victims, police incompetence, locations, etc.

While Stan: Remained active even in his 60's for 30 years, was active during modern day, extremely high risk robberies, etc.

Also Stan wouldn't even be on one of those "top 10 criminals who have never been caught" lists because he's never been suspected of anything prior to his one slip up at the end, he's basically DB Cooper if DB Cooper robbed area 51 over 100 times and never got caught

Compare that to Stan who would have stolen from the actual government (Which couldn't be higher risk especially considering the likely extremely expensive equipment being stolen), and continued to get away with it for thirty years implying that not only was he good enough to never be suspected by the government but he was also good enough to not leave behind anything that could lead back to him meaning he probably did extensive prep on his heists and even when technology started to get really good with security cameras, human security guards, etc he could adapt relatively easily.

Basically in the case of super prolific serial killers they're helped a lot by: Lack of good technology/security, low risk victims, police incompetence, locations, etc.

While Stan: Remained active even in his 60's for 30 years, was active during modern day, extremely high risk robberies, etc.

Also Stan wouldn't even be on one of those "top 10 criminals who have never been caught" lists because he's never been suspected of anything prior to his one slip up at the end, he's basically DB Cooper if DB Cooper robbed area 51 over 100 times and never got caught
Ngl this still does not suit Genius. Genius requires to be comparable to real world ones by sheer feats, and don't really think this is enough?

Gonna call Ant here given he knows about Intelligence stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back