• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gravity Falls: Minor Speed upgrade

Don’t you have 4 staff approvals? (or 3, I don’t remember if Content Moderators count)
Yes, but 48 hours must pass 1st.

Plus there's the concern about the Magnet Gun feat which is indeed valid, don't think that falling counts as speed, and for that I'd wait for @Jason_Courne (the one who made the calc) and @Psychomaster35 (the one who evalutated it).

Actually... you're right on this one.

I've checked the feat multiple times, and Dipper does not exactly "move" along the beam. However his eyes can still move, so I guess a calc on it will suffice?

I'll wait for @Jason_Courne to make an answer to this before using it, but yeah, this should go. Thus they shall be simply be downscaled from Ford's 0.36c feat.

Honestly, I think the feat should be fine to use given how Dipper's eyes still move in tandem with the laser.

"Actual science" bro I am the one who gave proofs and links.
Ducking my arguments and acting ignorant sure is a nice way of debating. Unfortunately it doesn't refute anything. In your own videos the characters are seen percieving the "lasers" way before the lasers reached them which means that the light bouncing off those lasers blitzed said lasers and entered the characters' retinas. Address this and don't duck.
You didn't list me any true anti feat, only random stuff that is generally wanked across all of media, not just GF.
Saying it's across all of media does not change the fact I've provided many examples that happen in GF of the characters failing to react to things that are nowhere near relativistic. Disprove them.
Authors can be ignorant on how powerful they make the characters. The authors of Archie Sonic don't believe him being above Wall level, for instance.
Doesn't change the existence of all the anti-feats for GF, which outnumber your 4 "feats". Stop yapping about authors, which is ironically something you yourself complained about.
Your only argument is "that light is slower than light because these characters can dodge it", also you ignored that's not a criteria that'd make the light dodging invalid on the page.
I never said it's slower because the characters dodge it. The fact that several responses in a row you have to blatantly lie about my arguments is laughable stuff.

Ducking my arguments and acting ignorant sure is a nice way of debating. Unfortunately it doesn't refute anything. In your own videos the characters are seen percieving the "lasers" way before the lasers reached them which means that the light bouncing off those lasers blitzed said lasers and entered the characters' retinas. Address this and don't duck.
The characters are just that fast 🗿
Saying it's across all of media does not change the fact I've provided many examples that happen in GF of the characters failing to react to things that are nowhere near relativistic. Disprove them.
I don't need to. That's just bad writing that happens any time due to authors generally not being aware that these things would be mundane for these characters.
Doesn't change the existence of all the anti-feats for GF, which outnumber your 4 "feats". Stop yapping about authors, which is ironically something you yourself complained about.
You've never mentioned even a single actual anti feat, just some random cases that... you didn't even cite? Plus I am not yapping, I am only telling this mindset of yours is foolish because you can argue this for literally any verse.
I never said it's slower because the characters dodge it. The fact that several responses in a row you have to blatantly lie about my arguments is laughable stuff.
Even the very scene is self-contradictory, as they are able to SEE the lasers or whatever else coming, which'd require the light bouncing off said laser to reach their retinas WAY before the lasers themselves.
Why are you the one actually lying?

The arguments against the Relativistic calcs are genuinely just arguments from incredulity with nothing to back them up. All the feats except the 2nd one should be fine, so an upgrade to 0.36c seems reasonable. There's clear consistency here
Actually, @Psychomaster35 did kinda explain above.
Honestly, I think the feat should be fine to use given how Dipper's eyes still move in tandem with the laser.

Back