• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If death drains life force, wouldn't an immortal brain have infinite life force and thus not die?

Yeah, thats how she gave birth to August and why Precht was working on ways to wake her up eventually creating FH as a result of the different magics fusing with her curse.

You mean August's birth? Doesn't really make much sense for August to have been born before the death kiss and Zeref just hands him to Precht along with Mavis. And I think we might be derailing tbh.

Just want to point it out that the only reason why Zeref death magic works on another Immortal like Mavis is because he value the weight of life. In this case he value Mavis life since he loved her, and due to the curse of contradictory, the magic became stronger and kind of bypass her immortality.

No that isn't how it works. Valuing life means he can't control his death hax so it will kill indiscriminately without his say so, but when he stops caring about the weight of life he gains control and is significantly more dangerous.

As shown when he cared for life and Ultear just managed to beat him but once he stopped caring he killed Hades with little issue.

Edit: Replacing "more powerful" with more dangerous.

Isn't that what I said tho? If he values life, it dies, if he doesn't, it lives. He can still use death magic if he doesn't value life, but he will have to activate it, unlike what happen when he values it, since it activates by itself.

This entire chapter pretty much explains why Zeref was able to kill Mavis back then.

I seriously doubt Zeref can uses death magic with the same potency with his normal attack.

See, what I don't get about that is that Mavis dies too. If it didn't kill her the first time he loved her, why did it do it the second time?

This is around the point in Fairy Tail that I stopped reading, so what I don't get is how the **** Mavis and Zeref had a kid when she died the moment they kissed.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
This entire chapter pretty much explains why Zeref was able to kill Mavis back then.

I seriously doubt Zeref can uses death magic with the same potency with his normal attack.
Mavis was alive, he only force her soul outside her body,she even give birth to august, prove that she was alive(thanks to curse and haded), but her all lifeforce/soul were gone.

@lon you getting it wrong

Curse actiave on its own if you care about life.

If you didn't value life(basically being s guy who dont give a **** about someone life)you can control it easily

That's exactly what I said here:

Ionliosite said:
Isn't that what I said tho? If he values life, it dies, if he doesn't, it lives. He can still use death magic if he doesn't value life, but he will have to activate it, unlike what happen when he values it, since it activates by itself.
I don't know if I'm not explaining myself, because I honestly don't see how what you said and what I said differ.

Schnee One said:
God I hate how inconsistent his Death Magic is....
TBF it's described in universe as being "contradictory" in nature, it's intentionally confusing and inconsistent as hell.

Ionliosite said:
What does "official scan" even mean?
I mean official translated which is much accurate then fansub Best example is according to mangstream zeldris Omnius nebula is ftl While raw and offical debunk it

Back