• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gremmy Immortality.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Ehhh Gremmy as far as we know is a Quincy of unknown origin.
That doesn't change the fact that his origin is a brain inside a jar. He doesn't qualify as a living soul. He is a Death Soul.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I have no idea what this would qualify nor quantify as according to our terms and definitions.
Tbh it does sound like Type 5 to me,when you think about it he technically erased his very existence at the end.

Deathless Immortality: Characters who exist unbound by conventional life or death, or do not exist at all, and thus cannot be traditionally killed. Typically, abilities such as Existence Erasure are needed to destroy them.

It would seem like a limited form of Type 5, no?

Also, shouldn't Gremmy have existence erasure for saying he no could no longer imagine Guenal Lee existing?

I mean, can't be just imagine the opponent not existing.. it is what his power is about anyway. He was able to imagine ppl dead so that's not that bad.

Seeing as Gremmy was the one that imagined Guenal Lee into existence in the first place, simply stopping to continue imagining him doesn't seem like it would count as existence erasure to me.

But he erased him though via thought,what does it matter who dies it to since his powers aren't limited to his creations only.

Anyways lets not derail this since it's about immortality.

@Damage

Gremmy himself explains that whatever he imagines becomes reality. He tells Kenpachi that if Kenpachi killed him it wouldn't stop the meteor because the meteor has become real.

So Gremmy was not maintaining an imagination of Guenal Lee since Lee had become reality. So he really did erase him from existence.

@Sigurd

Okay, I'm still not 100% what this would qualify as for immortality.

He is removed his death with his imagination that is 1 and 2 he can't die even when everyone else in bleach die he still exist. And since he is just imagination he doesn't truly exist.

The permanency of whatever Gremmy imagines varies.

Yachiru's bones were not permenantly cookies.

The meteor however did 'permenantly' exist, but Gremmy specified that. It can't be assumed for everything that Gremmy does.

If Gremmy had EE he coul dhave imagined any of his enemies not existing but he did not. Are we going to start NLFing his ability?

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
@Damage

Gremmy himself explains that whatever he imagines becomes reality. He tells Kenpachi that if Kenpachi killed him it wouldn't stop the meteor because the meteor has become real.

So Gremmy was not maintaining an imagination of Guenal Lee since Lee had become reality. So he really did erase him from existence.

@Sigurd

Okay, I'm still not 100% what this would qualify as for immortality.

This is contradictory to what happened. After his death everything he created become undone.

Rocker1189 said:
If Gremmy had EE he coul dhave imagined any of his enemies not existing but he did not. Are we going to start NLFing his ability?
Well he literally said he wanted to proof Kenpachi how strong imaginations are. But I doubt he can use it against Characters that are stronger than him.

Rocker1189 said:
Are you really gonna use plot as a reasoning,I suggest you reread the battle and see that Gremmy was challenged to a "fight".He could have imagined Kenpachi dead any moment.

Damage3245 said:
The permanency of whatever Gremmy imagines varies.
Yachiru's bones were not permenantly cookies.

The meteor however did 'permenantly' exist, but Gremmy specified that. It can't be assumed for everything that Gremmy does.
He made her bones into cookies,she was later told to go get healed or something.

We aren't NLFing his ability, we're only speaking on what happened. We're not extrapolating beyond that and assuming things that didn't occur or were spoken about.

Upon Gremmy's death, things he imagined didn't disappear, but the stadium he imagined did start breaking down, but it didn't disappear, it simply fell down after the damage done to it from the fight.

As for the topic at hand, what immortality is this now? I'm seeing Type 1, 2 and 5 being thrown out.

I don't see how Gremmy doesn't get type 5. ( I don't see any other immortality for him.) And don't forgot his imagination were already part of reality but yet disappeared with Gremmy.

He made her bones into cookies,she was later told to go get healed or something.
Once he was distracted her bones were no longer cookies.

She was told to get healed because of her bones were broken at the time they were cookies.

There was also the part where Gremmy said he forgot about Guan Lee(due to Guan Lee's ability)Guan Lee was indeed real and independent of Gremmy.

Well about the immortality,Gremmy feats are hella shaky to just comfortably call it.

For example if Gremmy gets hit by a 5-C one shot attack when he is off guard.would he die?

The answer is most likely yes and maybe No

Yes he dies, if the present body his imagination is putting on cant tank it,he dies horribly by a conventional attack

No he doesn't die, if the body his imagination put on can tank it and this would have being the case if he didnt have clear limits.

Even if he was on guard if he so much as scares himself into thinking he is gonna die,his powers work against him and then his reality becomes death..in this way his life or death is always tied to his ability.so it may seem he can't be killed by conventional means.

From the looks of it his body and state of being is always a figment of his imagination but he clearly has limits and can't come back from having his body(state of being) destroyed.therefore he can clearly be killed by conventional means.

The immortality type 5 seems to be a NO

This is why you don't give a character reality warping. You can have the person make anything hey imagine come true, and have ppl still be like "hasn't done that, nlf" when that's the point of the power is to make imagination a reality.

That being said, gremmy could have imagined kenpachi dead, he just wanted to crush him with his imagination because he has never been challenged. Instead he did dumb shit like "I wonder if you can survive this!" Rather than, imagining him dead. I don't blame gremmy tho, it's kinda fun using your imagination in fights.

Y'all never had a lucid dream fight where you control everything but you choose not to simply erase the enemy? I have.

Now why? Because I know I could win without Just imaging the being dead. Happens a lot because that's simply no fun

Which explains why he was having fun. I experienced it. It's fun. When you in a lucid dream your limit is your imagination. So nothing technically stands a chance against you. You could kill something with a thought. But having a battle with your imagination is fun as ****.

@ZZAx

Uhm ,where did you get the conventional attack he survived most of kenpachi attacks(and even got cut in half and stuff) and only lost his imaginations because he was trying to give his imagination the physical strength of Kenpachi.

And coming back after body gets erased/destroyed is low godly regen not type 5 immo.

@smug

You do realize the reason why Gremmy died is because his body got destroyed right,by his own ability,yes but case still stands.earlier in the fight he almost died, kenpachi Almost killed him but chose to warn him

Also cut in half=/= having your body destroyed,especially if the important part,that is the brain is still intact.

All his Kenpachi surviving feats can be chucked up to really good durability and Regenerationn via reality warping..not immortality

Funny he didn't die. He literally erased himself. as you can see him faded away and he clearly said '' I'm going to oblivion'' and ''A world without imagination.''

Saying he "erased himself"means he committed suicide,that is extremely false.his body got destroyed and he was dying, unable to activate his ability.

The fact that nothing not even his blood was left simply means his whole body was created by reality warping and his imagination ability and they all ceased to exist when he died

If this were accepted I'd probably word it as "Gremmy can potentially grant himself Type 5 Immortality" or something.
This..keyword being potentially

Back