• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is my first CRT so sorry if your standards are too high for DC
I realised that the green lanterns probably have more hax than you think, so here's some good hax.
I'd also like to ask, why does this site lack scans on the pages? It would be way better if we had links and scans for stuff. It would make the wiki itself a better site too. Anyways, some of this stuff is just abilities they already have, but just more showings of it. And maybe you guys can add the scans to the pages as well.

Kyle Rayner Post Crisis
Information Analysis (On a Planetary scale , so pretty good to use as a scan. JLA: World Without Grown-Ups Vol 1)
Vehicular creation (Can create motorcycles )
Can create armours with a fiery Aura
Water Manipulation (Shown here. Green Lantern volume 3 127)
Fire Manipulation (Creates a flamethrower.
Immortality Type 7 as a soul and type 2. (Existed as a spirit ). Comic: Obsidian Age. I think its the second last or last issue of it. Just read the whole thing man
Resistance to Conceptual Level willpower manipulation, corruption, mathematics manipulation, Fate manipulation (Through sheer force of will undoes the effects of the Anti Life Equation on himself - JLA (1997) #13)
The ALE governs over the Will and the destiny of all things, and was used to destroy their futures, powers etc. The ALE is the literal end of everything, the end of worlds, gods and more. The ALE also removes the very concept of free will and is actually a literal mathematical equation. The Anti Life Equation profile here already has evidence of it having AE Type 1, so there's no reason to think its hyperbolic
Hal Jordan
Fusionism and Power Nullification or purification. And more fire manipulation (When in sinestros body, he went to the power battery to fuse yellow ring power with GL power to nullify the body and consciousness swap that worked on the JL, across the universe )
Sound manipulation and resistance to sound manipulation (Shown here )
X-Ray Vision (Shown here )
Planet wide Information Analysis (Shown here, he does it to an unknown planet )
Holographic projection (Shown here , a random person took the ring for the first time and did it, proving any GL should be capable of doing it and has an interstellar level range)
Martial arts (Uses some decent moves here. Already on the page, just add the scan)

Now for the big stuff.
Maybe Conceptual Manipulation, Law manip, or information manipulation for all GLs. (Will and imagination are the fundamental building blocks of creation itself. Green Lantern Willworld)
This means GLs create stuff by warping imagination which is the fundamental thing in all creation in order to change reality. Maybe even Subjective Reality for them.

Anyways, I have a huge amount of other stuff for the GLs and other characters. Like zatanna, Arion, Aquaman, Superman, Red Tornado, Doctor fate, and I have a huge number of scans. Like probably 40 or so for each of them, individually

Last edited:
This is exactly how well made CRTs about adding powers look like, nice job.

"Water Manipulation (Shown here. Green Lantern volume 3 127)"

Wouldn't it be not real water due to being a power ring structure and more so have the properties of water or be cold enough to turn off fire? I'm fine if we put it like "Pseudo Water Manipulation".

Same with Fire Manip.

"Immortality Type 7 as a soul and type 2. (Existed as a spirit ). Comic: Obsidian Age. I think its the second last or last issue of it. Just read the whole thing man"

Can you make an album for this one? That page alone doesn't give enough context.

"Resistance to Conceptual Level willpower manipulation, corruption, mathematics manipulation, Fate manipulation (Through sheer force of will undoes the effects of the Anti Life Equation on himself - JLA (1997) #13)"

It does prove that he resisted the Anti-Life Equation, but what effects it was using on himself and others there needs their own scans from that same story, and it may not be all of those. The other things you link the ALE can do are very poetic, and the Anti-Life Equation being able to do many things doesn't change that.

"Fusionism and Power Nullification or purification. And more fire manipulation (When in sinestros body, he went to the power battery to fuse yellow ring power with GL power to nullify the body and consciousness swap that worked on the JL, across the universe )"

If what he fused is energy then it would be move fitting for it to be part of Energy Manip. We would need to see how the body swap was described to tell what he did there.

"Sound manipulation and resistance to sound manipulation (Shown here )"

The power is good, the resistance isn't.

"Maybe Conceptual Manipulation, Law manip, or information manipulation for all GLs. (Will and imagination are the fundamental building blocks of creation itself. Green Lantern Willworld)
This means GLs create stuff by warping imagination which is the fundamental thing in all creation in order to change reality. Maybe even Subjective Reality for them."

It sends to download that. It's not those first 3 powers as everything contributes on creation's "blocks", saying that is just portraying it more significantly. It should have Subjective Reality, that much is good and one could even throw in some claims about the rings being able to do anything as proof too.

The rest is good.

Wouldn't it be not real water due to being a power ring structure and more so have the properties of water or be cold enough to turn off fire? I'm fine if we put it like "Pseudo Water Manipulation".

Same with Fire Manip.

"Immortality Type 7 as a soul and type 2. (Existed as a spirit ). Comic: Obsidian Age. I think its the second last or last issue of it. Just read the whole thing man"

Can you make an album for this one? That page alone doesn't give enough context.

"Resistance to Conceptual Level willpower manipulation, corruption, mathematics manipulation, Fate manipulation (Through sheer force of will undoes the effects of the Anti Life Equation on himself - JLA (1997) #13)"

It does prove that he resisted the Anti-Life Equation, but what effects it was using on himself and others there needs their own scans from that same story, and it may not be all of those. The other things you link the ALE can do are very poetic, and the Anti-Life Equation being able to do many things doesn't change that.

"Fusionism and Power Nullification or purification. And more fire manipulation (When in sinestros body, he went to the power battery to fuse yellow ring power with GL power to nullify the body and consciousness swap that worked on the JL, across the universe )"

If what he fused is energy then it would be move fitting for it to be part of Energy Manip. We would need to see how the body swap was described to tell what he did there.

"Maybe Conceptual Manipulation, Law manip, or information manipulation for all GLs. (Will and imagination are the fundamental building blocks of creation itself. Green Lantern Willworld)
This means GLs create stuff by warping imagination which is the fundamental thing in all creation in order to change reality. Maybe even Subjective Reality for them."

It sends to download that. It's not those first 3 powers as everything contributes on creation's "blocks", saying that is just portraying it more significantly. It should have Subjective Reality, that much is good and one could even throw in some claims about the rings being able to do anything as proof too.

The rest is good.
Because of how GLs work and how they turn thoughts into reality(You agreed to it at the end) since the GLs can basically "do anything" with their virtual omnipotence, I think its actual water or fire.

Even if you disagree with kyle rayner resisiting all those, don't you think the ALE stuff is good for adding those things to the Anti life Equation page? Also, the ALE is the concept of fate since it is the literal end of all things. Its not poetic since it was directly stated to have conceptual willpower manipulation, and even the ALE page here has AE type 1 for the ALE. If something is literally abstract embodiment of something, would you be surprised if its actually the embodiment of fate? Also, theres 2 statements of it being fate manipulation, making it extremely consistent.

Also, i get what you mean by it having to show that it was using all those abilities on kyle, but it should at least be resistance to conceptual willpower manip since thats the main thing the ALE does, like all the time, + mathematics manipulation and corruption

Bump

Also

Same with Fire Manip.

The rest is good.
Could you help me tag some dc scalers

@Zensum, @C2_of_Omegon, @Qawsedf234, @Sandman31, @SuperAPM, @Firestorm808, @Elizio33, @EmperorRorepme

For reference just writing that makes them know of the thread and you can find supporters of any verse listed in the page of a verse.
Because of how GLs work and how they turn thoughts into reality(You agreed to it at the end) since the GLs can basically "do anything" with their virtual omnipotence, I think its actual water or fire.
Well, when they make something whose real couterpart is made of metel they're also not making real metal, just energy shaped as and tough like metal, so since it's not blue or red then it's not real water and fire, it just has its properties, GLs being able to "do anything" while only getting their "properties" they think they have.
Even if you disagree with kyle rayner resisiting all those, don't you think the ALE stuff is good for adding those things to the Anti life Equation page? Also, the ALE is the concept of fate since it is the literal end of all things. Its not poetic since it was directly stated to have conceptual willpower manipulation, and even the ALE page here has AE type 1 for the ALE. If something is literally abstract embodiment of something, would you be surprised if its actually the embodiment of fate? Also, theres 2 statements of it being fate manipulation, making it extremely consistent.
Sorry but no. Being the abstract embodiment of something doesn't give you power over it in the same sense that Darkseid can't contrl the concept of evil/tyranny, they all just get other cool powers to do their job as a fictional embodiment of something. It has also stated that if you're controlled by the ALE then you don't count as being alive anymore, which is "meant to be a thing" but super poetic, things like controlling others' fate is just that they don't act on their own, etc.
Also, i get what you mean by it having to show that it was using all those abilities on kyle, but it should at least be resistance to conceptual willpower manip since thats the main thing the ALE does, like all the time, + mathematics manipulation and corruption
It can be, I'm not sure myself.

Knew that the last bit about Concept manip etc is written by DeMatteis. DeMatteis always incorporates his religion/beliefs (about reality being a dream etc) in his writings, whenever he writes something its 100% that these kind of stuff will come up. I would prefer if we have feats of him doing something like that, on a somewhat consistent basis, because DeMatteis really makes its hard to know if its a power that a person has in the "normal" cosmology and not only in the weird hinduism mix cosmology that DeMatteis always writes about.

Knew that the last bit about Concept manip etc is written by DeMatteis. DeMatteis always incorporates his religion/beliefs (about reality being a dream etc) in his writings, whenever he writes something its 100% that these kind of stuff will come up. I would prefer if we have feats of him doing something like that, on a somewhat consistent basis, because DeMatteis really makes its hard to know if its a power that a person has in the "normal" cosmology and not only in the weird hinduism mix cosmology that DeMatteis always writes about.
The writers intention or whatever is completely irrelevant and doesn't matter at all

@Zensum, @C2_of_Omegon, @Qawsedf234, @Sandman31, @SuperAPM, @Firestorm808, @Elizio33, @EmperorRorepme

For reference just writing that makes them know of the thread and you can find supporters of any verse listed in the page of a verse.

Well, when they make something whose real couterpart is made of metel they're also not making real metal, just energy shaped as and tough like metal, so since it's not blue or red then it's not real water and fire, it just has its properties, GLs being able to "do anything" while only getting their "properties" they think they have.

Sorry but no. Being the abstract embodiment of something doesn't give you power over it in the same sense that Darkseid can't contrl the concept of evil/tyranny, they all just get other cool powers to do their job as a fictional embodiment of something. It has also stated that if you're controlled by the ALE then you don't count as being alive anymore, which is "meant to be a thing" but super poetic, things like controlling others' fate is just that they don't act on their own, etc.

Proof that controlling the destiny of all things and destroying their future just means making them act not the same?

The writers intention or whatever is completely irrelevant and doesn't matter at all
Why doesn't it matter? What I'm saying is that the addition that you're asking requires solid and consistent evidence, especially since DC and Marvel are terribly inconsistent. Will World is just classic DeMatteis stuff, unless the Green Lantern are described as concept manipulator outside of a single story that contradicts the established DC Cosmology aside from those written by DeMatteis. Are you also proposing we rate Green Lantern as 1-A because of him being the dreamer who dreams the universe?

Context about the cosmology that is used by the writer is important here, especially in the case of the DeMatteis or else we'll be giving everyone in DC 1-A, concept manip etc because of DeMatteis's writings. In his cosmology, which is heavily inspired by the philosophy of Meher Baba, reality is a dream and the journey of the soul from its original state of unconscious divinity to the ultimate attainment of conscious divinity. Basically in DeMatteis's writings, including Willworld, everyone is an unconscious piece of God and reality is merely a dream preventing the soul from reaching conscious divinity

So, yes, evidence outside of a single DeMatteis story is imporant, as the feat is directly tied to the nature of Creation that only appears in DeMatteis's writing.

Why doesn't it matter? What I'm saying is that the addition that you're asking requires solid and consistent evidence, especially since DC and Marvel are terribly inconsistent. Will World is just classic DeMatteis stuff, unless the Green Lantern are described as concept manipulator outside of a single story that contradicts the established DC Cosmology aside from those written by DeMatteis. Are you also proposing we rate Green Lantern as 1-A because of him being the dreamer who dreams the universe?

Context about the cosmology that is used by the writer is important here, especially in the case of the DeMatteis or else we'll be giving everyone in DC 1-A, concept manip etc because of DeMatteis's writings. In his cosmology, which is heavily inspired by the philosophy of Meher Baba, reality is a dream and the journey of the soul from its original state of unconscious divinity to the ultimate attainment of conscious divinity. Basically in DeMatteis's writings, including Willworld, everyone is an unconscious piece of God and reality is merely a dream preventing the soul from reaching conscious divinity

So, yes, evidence outside of a single DeMatteis story is imporant, as the feat is directly tied to the nature of Creation that only appears in DeMatteis's writing.
When we scale DC, we look at DC comics. We're not scaling the writer's opinion on the comics, no one cares about their interpretation. I don't think anything you said has any relevance at all. You do realise that all of creation is nothing more than a dream? This video has some explanations and citations. What contradicts the fact that imagination and willpower is the foundation of creation?

Also, do you both agree with it being subjective reality at least? And do you guys think we should add the other scans? Like the psuedo water and fire manipulation for Kyle and some planetary range information analysis

Last edited:
When we scale DC, we look at DC comics. We're not scaling the writer's opinion on the comics, no one cares about their interpretation. I don't think anything you said has any relevance at all. You do realise that all of creation is nothing more than a dream? This video has some explanations and citations. What contradicts the fact that imagination and willpower is the foundation of creation?
Cool video, theres nothing new there though.

When we scale DC, we look at DC comics. We're not scaling the writer's opinion on the comics, no one cares about their interpretation

What has been stated on the comics is not an "opinion"

DeMatteis story contradicting established cosmology in not an opinion.

What contradicts the fact that imagination and willpower is the foundation of creation?

Creation being a dream isnt even the contradictory part here. Creation being the product of some sort of collective unconscious (DeMatteis) and dreams or stories (The Sandman/Vertigo Cosmology) is common enough. Thats not the contradictory part.

The contradictory part that DeMatteis commonly incorporates in his comics, that is prone to be used to wank characters, is the concept that everyone is literally an unconscious piece of God. That means in his stories, characters can do things that they simply cant do outside of his stories because when DeMatteis writes them, for Hal Jordan (and literally everyone) is not just a Green Lantern, he's a literally an unconscious piece of God that just awaiting some sort of "awakening"

If you're really pushing for Conceptual Manipulation based on this, hell why stop there, at this point why not just make Hal Jordan 1-A because he's also the "Creator" of the dream in that comics.

"Life is but a dream!And you are the dreamer! The creator of the dream! -- Belive you can live again---and you will!"

"I believe, I am the Creator...The sustainer...The destroyer! And I --Finally-- Remember!!!'

Last edited:
Cool video, theres nothing new there though.

When we scale DC, we look at DC comics. We're not scaling the writer's opinion on the comics, no one cares about their interpretation

What has been stated on the comics is not an "opinion"

DeMatteis story contradicting established cosmology in not an opinion.

What contradicts the fact that imagination and willpower is the foundation of creation?

Creation being a dream isnt even the contradictory part here. Creation being the product of some sort of collective unconscious (DeMatteis) and dreams or stories (The Sandman/Vertigo Cosmology) is common enough. Thats not the contradictory part.

The contradictory part that DeMatteis commonly incorporates in his comics, that is prone to be used to wank characters, is the concept that everyone is literally an unconscious piece of God. That means in his stories, characters can do things that they simply cant do outside of his stories because when DeMatteis writes them, for Hal Jordan (and literally everyone) is not just a Green Lantern, he's a literally an unconscious piece of God that just awaiting some sort of "awakening"

If you're really pushing for Conceptual Manipulation based on this, hell why stop there, at this point why not just make Hal Jordan 1-A because he's also the "Creator" of the dream in that comics.

"Life is but a dream!And you are the dreamer! The creator of the dream! -- Belive you can live again---and you will!"

"I believe, I am the Creator...The sustainer...The destroyer! And I --Finally-- Remember!!!'
Can you prove that characters like Hal Jordan can only do those dream stuff in a DeMatteis comic? And thats just universal, Hal didnt rewrite all Creation or anything

Can you prove that characters like Hal Jordan can only do those dream stuff in a DeMatteis comic? And thats just universal, Hal didnt rewrite all Creation or anything
Sorry, but the proof of burden is on you, prove that Conceptual Manipulation is a part of Hal Jordan's standard powers and is not just a result of DeMatteis wonky writings.

And thats just universal, Hal didnt rewrite all Creation or anything

"Universes! Entire Universes -- Floating all around me---yet they seem so small--or is it just that--I'm so big?"

Anyway, I'm not saying that all feats written by DeMatteis are automatically not valid. But DeMatteis is a big fan of Reality is a Dream by God, who is God? Everyone is God, just unconscious. Everyone is above the Dream(Reality), its just that theyre locked in a limited world view.

The only characters that this should scale too is "God"

I'm not saying that Hal couldn't have Concept Manip, but it shouldn't come from here.

There are a lot of characters that scale far above God or the presence actually and God is shaped by belief. If 1000 humans no longer believed in God, erased from existence, he would be.

Sorry, but the proof of burden is on you, prove that Conceptual Manipulation is a part of Hal Jordan's standard powers and is not just a result of DeMatteis wonky writings.
You made the claim though

But do you agree with the other abilities?

There are a lot of characters that scale far above God or the presence actually and God is shaped by belief. If 1000 humans no longer believed in God, erased from existence, he would be.
I know about that, I mean, I'm the one who made the CRT regarding that and here's my blog on that subject

I agree with Sandman here
Do you agree with these?
Kyle rayner post crisis
Information Analysis (On a Planetary scale , so pretty good to use as a scan. JLA: World Without Grown-Ups Vol 1)
psuedo Water Manipulation (Shown here. Green Lantern volume 3 127)
psuedo Fire Manipulation (Creates a flamethrower.)
Resistance to ALE either mind control, willpower manipulation, or corruption

Hal jordan
Holographic projection (Shown here , a random person took the ring for the first time and did it, proving any GL should be capable of doing it and has an interstellar level range)
Martial arts (Uses some decent moves here. Already on the page, just add the scan)

Agree with Sandman on the conceptual manipulation not being valid.
Do you agree with these?
Kyle rayner post crisis
psuedo Water Manipulation (Shown here. Green Lantern volume 3 127)
psuedo Fire Manipulation (Creates a flamethrower.)
Resistance to ALE either mind control, willpower manipulation, or corruption

Hal jordan
As for these abilities, they make sense to me.

What Eficiente and Sandman31 have both agreed with can probably be applied.

Btw:

I am glad that I am not the only one who has paid attention regarding DeMatteis. He is a nice guy though. He just has specific tendencies in his writing.

Back