• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gravity Falls: (Minor) Bill Cipher Adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austrian-Man-Meat

VS Battles
Retired
Bill Cipher is listed to have possible infinite speed in his restricted form through the use of stopping time, I heavily disagree with the logic of someone having infinite speed through stopping time and believe it should be set unknown instead.

I agree that stopping time should be listed as a power and not contribute to speed.

Time Stop does seem like a rather poor logia for Infinite Speed. That definitely should get removed.

Also Bill's restricted form really has little to no feats or statements for his speed, besides being unable to catch Dipper and Mabel, which is honestly PIS on the level of him getting hurt by spray paint IMO. Especially when he can teleport, slow down time and stop it. And whatever his actual speed was, someone who held a serious threat to the universe and beyond where cosmic entities were terrified of him shouldn't be slower than 13 year old children.

TLDR: Bill's speed in that key is a mess for multiple reasons and would be better at Unknow in my opinion.

I don't even know why that's even a thing on his page for quite a long time.

I agree with what Aizen, Alakabamm, and Ryukama said.

Just to ask this out here: Are there any characters we have that MAY have this sort of thing? It's unrelated here in a way, i know. I just wanted to be sure...

As I mentioned in chat, I agree with removing it too. Unknown is a safer bet for now.

"Unknown", as pointed out, is the far better option. Someone who can teleport, traverse the universe in an absurdly short timeframe, and control time flawlessly should not have trouble catching young children. Being unable to catch Dipper and Mabel is absurdly obvious PIS, and otherwise, we have no real benchmark for 3-D Bill's speed.

"Unknown (Bill has not demonstrated any particular speed feats in this form, making it impossible to properly judge it)" works best for me too.

So that's 8 people with the majority of them being that of staff who agree to just changing the stat to Unknown.

Will this be sufficient enough to change it?

And that's 9 including a bureaucrat.

I'll perhaps do the change by putting in what Everlasting put a few hours ago.

9 staff members (one of which being Ant) and another user have agreed to these changes. Plus they have been implemented since. I believe it is more than safe to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back