• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Bill saying that he affected a single timeline while Ford said he affected all of them...

What's going on.
I feel that Shion is right: infinite multiverses. He just calls his own multiverse a timeline, as literally the other mulitverses exist due to possibilities and choices.

My problem was that Ford can travel in other words, Bill can't. (He literally blasted Time Baby to GF and there is no point of him lying about that part tbh)

Literally just infinite multiverses. Not to mention, Bill explicitly states that Earth is very weak compared to the rest of space time, and even indicates when he talks about Time Baby "Fortunately, I knew the perfect little vulnerable planet." He means that literally. Whilst technically a break could happen anywhere and allow him to gain his powers, it's the easiest on Earth. And even easier in Gravity Falls, specifically. Because Weirdness literally warps space and time. (And, draws in more weirdness, so it also inherently drew in Bill anyway.)

EDIT: Weirdness warping space time is likely WHY it's so weak, is another thing I mean by this.

I feel that Shion is right: infinite multiverses. He just calls his own multiverse a timeline, as literally the other mulitverses exist due to possibilities and choices.

My problem was that Ford can travel in other words, Bill can't. (He literally blasted Time Baby to GF and there is no point of him lying about that part tbh)
Bill can. Within his Spatial Multiverse. He can't hop Timelines, though. And neither can Ford, either. (Though Bill can LEAVE the Timeline and exist between them.)

What if Bill meant more meta fictional with Timeline statement? Like different real worlds where Alex wrote it different and ended it with a bad ending?

He does specifically say “little protagonists” so it seems more meta fictional than actual parallel universes

But yeah I was right about Inf Multiverse so bow before me peasents

Bill can. Within his Spatial Multiverse. He can't hop Timelines, though. And neither can Ford, either. (Though Bill can LEAVE the Timeline and exist between them.)
The very core of the plot is that Bill can't get to Gravity Falls (he can but only in Mindscape Form and can really interact with things other than getting to people's minds or existing as a shadow or smth)

That's my problem, and Ford calls other timelines as simply other dimensions as well.
The very core of the plot is that Bill can't get to Gravity Falls (he can but only in Mindscape Form and can really interact with things other than getting to people's minds or existing as a shadow or smth)
Maybe it specifically has to do with Bill being an otherwordly being? Or maybe Nightmare Realm is alive and hates him guts so it just doesnt allow Bill to do shit lol

Or maybe Alex made that rule up

Ford calls other timelines as simply other dimensions as well.
Imo
Infinite universes are contained in NR and that's the dimensions Ford was in
And there is basically a copy-paste of that structure infinite times with each being different from another by choices made
So that part is easy to explain

This changes nothing about Bill's multiversal travel? Bill can't physically manifest in Gravity Falls, yes, but even within your own admission he can travel there. In that same way, he can't physically manifest anywhere. But he can travel the Multiverse regardless in his still powerful Mindscape form. What he needs to physically manifest in any location is a rip in space-time caused by his Tampered Portal, which can be BUILT ANYWHERE. It's just the EASIEST on Earth, and within Gravity Falls. (Hence why his focus is on US.) So yes, he can travel within his Spatial Multiverse.

This changes nothing about Bill's multiversal travel? Bill can't physically manifest in Gravity Falls, yes, but even within your own admission he can travel there. In that same way, he can't physically manifest anywhere. But he can travel the Multiverse regardless in his still powerful Mindscape form. What he needs to physically manifest in any location is a rip in space-time caused by his Tampered Portal, which can be BUILT ANYWHERE. It's just the EASIEST on Earth, and within Gravity Falls.
I mean, why he gains his physical form only if rift happens, and before that he's just in his far less powerful Mindscape Form. That's my concern.

I mean, why he gains his physical form only if rift happens, and before that he's just in his far less powerful Mindscape Form. That's my concern.
That applies across the Multiverse. He needs the rip to specifically to combine worlds and grant him the ability to get his "Multi-Dimensional Makeover." This applies to any world with any set of Dimensionality he hasn't gotten around to becoming yet. (In this case, a great many worlds are 3rd Dimensional.) EDIT: So he's stuck in the Mindscape, but can travel across it at will. Unless I'm missing something specific, I don't see an issue whatsoever.

I assume Bills power is somewhat connected to Nightmare Realm, when Rift happens it leaks into Earth allowing Bill to achieve his full power.
This would mean that he has physical form in NR, and if it is though, he could "smash Multiverse" without going to GF
That applies across the Multiverse. He needs the rip to specifically to combine worlds and grant him the ability to get his "Multi-Dimensional Makeover." This applies to any world with any set of Dimensionality he hasn't gotten around to becoming yet. (In this case, a great many worlds are 3rd Dimensional.) EDIT: So he's stuck in the Mindscape, but can travel across it at will. Unless I'm missing something specific, I don't see an issue whatsoever.
So basically somehow rift will specifically grant him Physical Form?..

We dont have any solid information for your question though.
I think we should probably just accept it as a "rule". Like "rift exists" = "Bill gains physical form".

Also one more question that concerned me for a while: if NR was doomed to be destroyed, and NR is container of the Multiverse, how moving into GF would help Bill?

NR was doomed to be destroyed, and NR is container of the Multiverse, how moving into GF would help Bill?
NR is the only place unstable for destruction, after it is destroyed none of the universes will be affected. Bill was gonna move into the multiverse so when NR is destroyed he could keep living in his own version of NR within the Multiverse.

Think of it like a wood with rocks inside it, burn the wood. Rocks are fine.

This would mean that he has physical form in NR, and if it is though, he could "smash Multiverse" without going to GF
I mean, yes he has a physical form in the NR, but it doesn't have access to the Spatial Multiverse. Only his Mindscape form does. That's a specific limitation he operates in.
So basically somehow rift will specifically grant him Physical Form?..
No? He uses his powers to do that. Powers he only gains within the temporary combination of worlds caused by the Nightmare Realm ("assembling his atoms from across reality"). Bill then uses that power to maintain, extend, and further bolster that merger.
I think we should probably just accept it as a "rule". Like "rift exists" = "Bill gains physical form".

Also one more question that concerned me for a while: if NR was doomed to be destroyed, and NR is container of the Multiverse, how moving into GF would help Bill?
Shion has the right of it.

This sounds very, very weird if we claim that his Physical Form has Low 1-C, possibly 1-B Range and Destructive Capacity.
I feel like I'm getting lost in translation or you're overcomplicating it.

Bill gains his power via merging realities.

By merging them, in that temporary combination, he can generate a physical form within the new Dimensionality he occupies.

This grants him power. A Multidimensional Makeover.

Within the Nightmare Realm, he has a "physical form," but it's not a Three Dimensional/Multidimensional one.

Thus he has no greater power like you would assume in the Nightmare Realm, because it's literally just his "ordinary" form (as we know it) within there from his Home Dimension (Euclydia).

Outside of that, he is stuck within the Nightmare Realm, and can travel freely through the Multiverse within his less powerful but still capable Mindscape Form. Travel, but not physically manifest. He can only do that once the border between worlds has shattered and his powers gain connection to our world. There's nothing crazy going on, here.

Back