• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gravelord Nito vs Lord Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
The Lord of Death faces an ambitious zombie.

After receiving ultimate power from the demon lord Ozom, Lord Raptor starts seeking for strong souls to absorb in order to overthrow his master.
Possibly due to his connection with undeath, Raptor arrives to a dark place filled with living skeletons, the Tomb of Giants, where he senses to presence of an incredibly powerful soul.

Once he reaches the depths of the tomb, a large and menacious figure comes out from the shadows, towering over him. This is the prey he was looking for, but he will be able to claim his soul?

• Speed is equalized
  • Both are 4-C (and both are baseline, even Nito afaik)
  • The battle takes place in the Tomb of Giants, where you fight Nito in the original game
  • They start 10 meters from each other.

Gravelord Nito: 8 (Keeweed, Mr. Bambu, The Wright Way, Xsoulofcinderx, ApiesDeathbyLazors, Popted2, Deonment, Sir Ovens)
Lord Raptor:
Inconclusive:

gravelord-nito_dark-souls_silo.png

d5nuj4r-03c5eb29-5c66-4c8d-99ec-7cdbd116a0a8.png

Last edited:
No, it can be argued that it might not work because of zombie shenanigans, but nothing hints to him having such resistance.

So then, Raptor doesn't resist poison, meaning Nito can kill him in a few minutes in a best case scenario, which seems likely to me, considering all of Nito's physical attacks deal poison damage and he also has an AOE blast that deals even more poison damage.

What I'm curious about is Raptor's passive Madness/Corruption Aura. Is that a viable wincon in the short term?

I thought the poison slashes would be somewhat balance by Raptor having good mobility with teleport and acrobatics, while Nito is somewhat clumsy (but it still is a good wincon).
The AoE is surely a thing that works.

Raptor's corruption doesn't work on evil beings, and I actually don't know if Nito can properly be considered an evil being, rather than neutral or something. His madness doesn't work on those with a strong mind/spirit (the specific translation is shady) but since Nito resists mind and soul manip it may not affect him. But the properties of that aura in terms of range and speed are totally unknown, it can be assumed to not take an extremely long time because the guidebook from which it is taken says something like "To hunt a Darkstalker you need to resist their aura", but it is unknown on everything else, assuming it works on Nito in the first place, which is questionable.

Nito opened with death manipulation in the opening of the game, and his grab attack is also death manipulation (it doesn’t raise the poison meter, you just lose health when he holds you). Considering SBA has raptor start very far away, I’m pretty sure Nito has plenty of time to pull out death manipulation. Or at the very least if he gets his hands on raptor he dies.

Would shorten the distance make it more fair?

I didn't consider the Death manip he used in the opening as Nito doesn't use it in his boss fight, so I deemed it as safely ooc or less likely to be used.

The Nito we fight in DS1 is a heavily weakened and, probably for the most part, has just given up on everything. Even in that state he still will go for death manipulation, he just does it by a grab instead of just spreading it. I think if Raptor is somewhat close Nito would go for other stuff first, but if he’s like a kilometer away the only move Nito has that can reach that far is the death manipulation.

I thought weakened Nito was the one used for the profile, because it's the most "recent" version.

Anyway, I put a starting distance of 100 meters in the op, would something like 20 or 10 be better for both?

I thought this site usually uses characters at their best if they don’t have keys. Like if a character dies in their story we wouldn’t use the midway through dying version of them even if that was the most recent version. Or better example is if a character breaks their leg, we don’t assume their leg is broken during the match we use the version before that injury happened.

Also I just want to say it is 2 am where I am and I have work tomorrow. I should have gone to bed a long time ago, so I’ll be back later.

You're right, more than the most recent I should have said more "iconic", for the little it means. It's also strange because Gwyn kinda does have a Prime and Weakened form.

@Mr._Bambu Which Nito is the one we rate on his profile? Prime or Weakened?

The Nito we fight in DS1 is a heavily weakened and, probably for the most part, has just given up on everything. Even in that state he still will go for death manipulation, he just does it by a grab instead of just spreading it. I think if Raptor is somewhat close Nito would go for other stuff first, but if he’s like a kilometer away the only move Nito has that can reach that far is the death manipulation.
Eh.

Like yeah we fight a lethargic and ultimately dormant Nito but he's theoretically just as potent as he was in his prime. He'd likely still be 4-C with the same potency of hax. Gwyn has his different keys because his stats change, in that the Gwyn we fight in-game has been torching his soul for some time in the Kiln of the First Flame and is fairly obviously weakened by it.

I wasn’t arguing for a different key. I was just assuming we would be using the more prime Nito. Since he’s both stronger and hasn’t run off to sleep in a cave forever. Saman and I are wondering if the Nito on the profile is only his boss fight version or not. Because the only thing we’ve seen prime Nito do is death manipulation and weakened Nito has difficulty doing it even with direct contact.

I mean, what implies he's stronger? Nothing happened to Nito to imply he would've lost strength since his "prime"- he's just ****** off underground. Arguably he's the only one of the Lord Souls that hasn't become weaker since their "prime", given Furtive Pygmy's is split amongst all humans, Gwyn's soul has been roasting for ages since we arrive on the scene, and the Witch of Izalith nuked hers and her children's souls all in one great cacophonous blast in the whole Chaos thing.

I think the "Nito doesn't use long-range death hax in-game" thing can safely be considered secondary to the cutscene. Like I think its a fair enough argument to say he starts with Death Manip. I don't think it's particularly unlikely for him to open with other things (mass-summoning, poison manip, etc) but death manip is absolutely the most likely.

His soul says most of his strength was given to death and Pinwheel had been stealing some of his remaining strength

Last edited:
His soul says most of his strength was given to death and Pinwheel had been stealing some of his remaining strength
Huh, I forgot about this. I still stand by my assessment that I think it's fair to say he opens with Death stuff. Though the Pinwheel thing was just the Rite of Kindling, no?

It doesn’t say specifically what he stole, it just says power. So whether that was strength or a specific power I don’t know. Put the soul part still stands
Also I’m working right now, I’ll be back soon.

It's more difficult than I thought, at the end of the day.

Would it be better to shorten the distance, in case Nito can still fire death waves, or we should assume he can and shorten the distance to not make Raptor die instantly?

It doesn’t say specifically what he stole, it just says power. So whether that was strength or a specific power I don’t know. Put the soul part still stands
Also I’m working right now, I’ll be back soon.
Yeah but we know what he stole- the Rite of Kindling.

It's more difficult than I thought, at the end of the day.

Would it be better to shorten the distance, in case Nito can still fire death waves, or we should assume he can and shorten the distance to not make Raptor die instantly?
I'd say close range Nito is probably more likely to go for a grab at the very least, giving some argument that Raptor can A. try to do something and B. maybe dodge better. Make of that what you will.

Alright, then I think a closer distance would make it more fair (although I don't think this match will ever attract enough popularity to reach an end).

I updated the distance to 10 meters.

I’m going to assume Nito would start with a quick grave lord sword from the ground. Since Raptor is out of proper melee range and Nito always starts his boss fight with it. Afterwards it really just depends on whether Nito raises his hands and spreads death everywhere before Raptor gets close. Raptor absolutely destroys if he gets close, to the point I would say after the firsts hit Nito should just be combo’d to death. But Nito’s win condition is cartoonishly easy to do and either the first, or one of the first moves he would start with. Also Nito can AoE blast around him to gain some distance (or more technically knock Raptor away) every once and a while, and give him some chances to use his death hax. I’m leaning towards Nito, but it’s not a stomp because Raptor is going to be destroying Nito every time he gets close.

Just to help move this along I guess I'll vote Nito FRA for now. If Raptor has no real answer to Death Manip that kills undead, then I think Nito takes it.

Just to help move this along I guess I'll vote Nito FRA for now. If Raptor has no real answer to Death Manip that kills undead, then I think Nito takes it.
He doesn't really have any resistance or anything, he can just dodge via jumping or teleporting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back