• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ryukama Yeah, personally, I think we should go with more or less averaged feats.

The earthquake feat looks like an outlier for me (if we accept it, then we have to scale the pre-tournament Doppo from this and basically everyone else as well). Or rather, it seems to be some kind of supernatural thing that was not achieved by brute force alone. Just like when Yujiro was born, all the world leaders experienced fear and this led to the creation of many nuclear weapons.

But I do not force anyone to agree with me.

I feel the same. I'm fine with the earthquake feat either being accepted or discarded. I'm absolutely not fine with the planet shaking stuff though, since that's not even a feat at all.

BigDawgs said:
and every time he's the stronger guy
It looks like some kind of conceptual thing. He is just as strong as he needs at the moment to be the strongest.

It seems Motobe even said something about the fact that Baki "inherited the concept of strength/power" or something like that. lol

@Ryukama Yep, the planet shaking is... madness...

And now I remembered how Musashi's face was cut by a broken bottle...

Why, Itagaki? Just why...

DarkLK said:

Same reason with Akira on Dragonball?

If both Ryukama and DarkLK think that the earthquake feat is an outlier, I think that we should use other feats to scale from instead. The question is what would be most appropriate to use.

I just say that we can consider it that way. But regardless of the decision regarding this feat, there still will not be some kind of balanced system. This is not some thing that will help solve all problems or something.

DarkLK said:

It's called weakness to cutting attacks.

Also known as "writers don't know what the hell they're doing"

So if we're throwing out the earthquake stuff what should the tiers be for the high end people? 8-B or 8-A for the one elephant feat or survivng the island being leveled?

I do find it weird to call the Earthquake feat an outlier. Isn't Ogre canonically above everyone in the entire verse by a rather notable amount?

But on topic are we going with "At least High 8-C, likely 8-B" or "8B/8A" for the top tiers?

@Qawsedf234 Yeah, seems fine. I agree with DarkLK and Ryukama, though. A building level placement for all the characters who are on or above Spec's level would suffice. As if now, only Yujiro should get any form of tier 7 placement, due to his strongest shown feat.

Okay. Never mind then. I have removed the derailing posts.

So Yujiro = Low 7-C

Everyone else = At least High 8-C, likely 8-B

Is Pickle still going to be considered on the same level as Yujiro, or is he weaker now?

Also I would assume that Demon Back Baki would scale to Yujiro?

a "possibly Low 7-C" would be better. Even though both Baki with the demon back and Pickle are comparable to him, they are still looked down upon.

Well, with the exception of Yujiro, everyone in any top 10 strongest list made about Bakiverse have shown city block level AP feats at best. Since logical power scaling does not apply to Yujiro, everyone who is at one point in the manga shown to be able to go toe-to-toe with him, should have a placement of this sort:"At least High 8-C, likely 8-B, possibly Low 7-C"(this also includes characters who are comparable to these characters).

Note: The reason for someone like Baki or Pickle being kind of downplayed is because even though they seem to be on Yujiro's level, characters weaker than them are still somewhat comparable.

Seems long, but ultimately I'm fine with those ratings.

Are the rest of you fine with Antydeth's suggestion?

BigDawgs said:
It straight up states that if they act erractically it messes with the GPS. The only thing resembling a feat here is the fact Oliva affected all the GPS around the World rather than just a 70m radius, but that's completely unquantifiable in every sense of the word. It's a non-feat that looks cool on paper but doesn't really say much about the character's actual capabilities. It would be like writing "A man threw a punch so painful everyone in the World got shivers."
I should mention something. From what I got, the GPSs get a 70m error, not that Oliva only effects them in 70 meters. Basically any GPS tied to the military satellite network will experience a 70 meter error if any of those three go over 6 MPH.

I 100 percebt agree with this. I was actually gonna do one of these lol HAHAHA thanks for that BTW. Cuz we have people shaking buildings and tanking lightning, which is good, but then we just go straight to stopping a quake-, like, what lol and we just accepted it, but didn't accept kaguya destroying a dimension or buu busting a galaxy lol

@Antydeth

Well, I am fine with it in principle, but it would be best if we get some concrete feats/incidents to scale from. Calculations would be even better.

Yes, but what about the lower feats that are a basis for High 8-C or 8-B?

Perhaps you can ask some calc group members if they are willing to calculate the feat?

I do not know which of them would even bother to...perhaps you could suggest us someone who would take his time in properly calculating the feat, at least to an objectively agreeble level?

You can ask here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1955985

So we ditch the 8-B rating and just stick with High 8C for Now?

@Antvasima I'd be helpful if you also told me what the rules of linked thread are. I've never actually contributed to a calculation request thread, so I don't have the knowledge on how to properly add requests in an adequate way.

@Qawsdef234 We never said anything like that. Speck, Hanayanama and Doppo are fairly fine as they are. Its the characters who are seemingly close to Yujiro's level(or are as overhyped as he is by the author) and these include- Baki, Musashi, Kaku Kaioh and occasionally Pickle, that cause us so much confusion. And then there's Oliva, Retsu, Katsumi and Jack, who are squashed between the strongest and the weakest superhumans in Baki.

Itd probably look like this

Importance/Priority: 2

Name of the Verse: Grappler Baki

Brief Feat Description: (Feats go here)

We could also calc some of yujiros feats, like tanking lightning and shaking that building, beating the Dino sized elephant, baki jumping from the top of the stadium all the way down to his face and not feeling a thing could also somewhat work

@Antydeth

Just follow the instructions in the first post of the linked thread, and copy what other people have done.

A calculation is much preferable to guesswork in any case.

If nothing else hard numbers will make future match ups fairer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back