• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we try to get some useful feats calculated? Not much seems to get done here.

I posted the important feats in the calc request thread. The only two I would really known how to do would be the earthquake one and the concrete stadium strike.

So we just gotta wait. Unless we just use the previous proposed ratings as a temporary thing. So Ogre becomes Low 7-C and the rest become "At least High 9-C, likely 8-B, possibly Low 7-C"

Ogre is 7-C

... would have pushed for 7-A but he's only really shown to cancel out the shockwaves, not like he forced the earth to stop rubbing into itself.

But yeah

.... And Baki vs OPM once again becomes a thing

Okay with the waiting or okay with the place holder tiers?

Qawsedf234 said:
I posted the important feats in the calc request thread. The only two I would really known how to do would be the earthquake one and the concrete stadium strike.
So we just gotta wait. Unless we just use the previous proposed ratings as a temporary thing. So Ogre becomes Low 7-C and the rest become "At least High 9-C, likely 8-B, possibly Low 7-C"
Good job. And I am perfectly fine with the placing you've suggested. Though I am not sure about the "High 9-C". 9-B would do better.

I meant "At least High 8-C" but mistyped. Baki characters have consistent 9-B level feats so 9-C wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I am a bit skeptical of that High 8-C placement though. Most of the "building level" feats we've noted could be as low as 9-B. I'll go see how's the situation in the calc request thread. In the meantime, if someone finds a formidable feat from the sukune arc, please share it here(For some reason, I can't find a site where I can read the new arc).

> For some reason, I can't find a site where I can read the new arc

********.org?

@Antvasima So since the other stats can wait, the earthquake thing should be good enough for now. The feat. Seems like a VI to VII Mercalli intensity.

• 5.0 = 1.995262e+12 Joules (MCB)
  • 5.1 = 2.818383e+12 Joules (MCB)
  • 5.2 = 3.981072e+12 Joules (MCB)
  • 5.3 = 5.623413e+12 Joules (Small Town)
  • 5.4 = 7.943282e+12 Joules (Small Town)
  • 5.5 = 1.122018e+13 Joules (Small Town)
  • 5.6 = 1.584893e+13 Joules (Small Town)
  • 5.7 = 2.238721e+13 Joules (Small Town)
  • 5.8 = 3.162278e+13 Joules (Town Level)
  • 5.9 = 4.466836e+13 Joules (Town Level)
Maybe go with 5.5?

oh yeah, that. it was felt within a very small area tho. ps hella impressie tho, dont get me wrong. oliva did something similar anyhow

It wasn't even the statue as a whole. He just f-ed up its structure. It's equivelant to breaking a guy's ribs with ease.

do u know how much of an uderstatemant that is lol a person's bone is about as hard as concrete, if they are hella healthy. that whole statue is made of bronze/copper my dude

Antydeth said:
It wasn't even the statue as a whole. He just f-ed up its structure. It's equivelant to breaking a guy's ribs with ease.
He literally cracked the entire statue in half and put it on the verge of tearing apart. Dunno why you're downplaying Spec so hard.

@Qawsedf234

If the intensity was 6 to 7, why go with 5.5 instead of 6.5?

Going by our earthquake page a type VI or VII on the Mercalli intensity scale corresponds with a magnitude 5.0 to 5.9 earthquake. Since we didn't see any damage to the buildings I thought it fit better than a VIII to X

not to intrude btw, but two things i wanted to ask: how do we know what the intensity was? now that ant said it, i dont really remember where we got that from. and secondly, if anyone can, could they post scans of the feat for me too look at? i cant seem to find any online for some reason. thanks

> how do we know what the intensity was? now that ant said it, i dont really remember where we got that from

Based on the visuals. Which is why the Mercalli intensity scale is used. Well constructed buildings were shaking but not damaged and everyone felt it. Which indicates a VI to VII as long as I'm understanding it right

> if anyone can, could they post scans of the feat for me too look at

Here you go

cool man. thanks. ok so first things, we gotta get doubts out of the way. from what remember, they were quite far away from the city, so either one of two things happened, i think: yujiro stopped the quake in a 100 or so meter radius (there were a good amount of people around, and all of them stopped feeling the shakinga) but it still kept going in the city as well, or it stopped in both their area and in the city as well... as for another thing, we dont even see the buildings move, and yujiro also stopped it after like, 5 seconds as it started. i dont know what difference this makes, but i feel like stopping the shaking at its peak would be harder than to stop one at its first 5 seconds. as for something else: how do we know that it also affected the city. it shows clear signs of shaking around the group, but nothing shows the shaking in the city, besides for the rumble anomatopia.

We don't really need to know the sizes of the buildings. Just their general composition and the location. In this case the earthquake effected the entire town and concrete buildings were shown as shaking, but undamaged which fits with the VI to VII rating.

hmmm, well, i wont bother u any longer about this. if u have time to answer the doubts i posted above, a consensus can be reached. i just feel like its too much of an outlier, even compared to oliva or the new sumo guy. but i dont wanna totally dismiss the feat, hence all this lol

Qawsedf234 said:
Going by our earthquake page a type VI or VII on the Mercalli intensity scale corresponds with a magnitude 5.0 to 5.9 earthquake. Since we didn't see any damage to the buildings I thought it fit better than a VIII to X
Okay. 5.5 seems fine then.

So for now can we edit anyone with a 6-C rating to Low 7-C?

Just remember to update the tier categories at the bottom from tier 6 to tier 7 as well.

Should we close this thread then, or focus on getting more feats calculated first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back