• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grappler Baki Discussion Thread #2

Anyone read chapter 58? Haven't seen anyone talking about it i just read it myself and honestly it was awesome old man went ballistic hahaha

Are you referring to the most recent chapter? I haven't been keeping track of the numbering, but hell, Shibukawa not only hit that man with the "An eye for an eye", but he managed to make a 6x weight disadvantage into an advantage... mad lad...

After 3 weeks away from the wiki I have returned. Hopefully nothing too crazy happened while I was getting killed by exams lol.

In regards to the recent chapter I gotta say I was really pumped up the entire chapter. It was really fast paced compared to what we've gotten recently and we really got to feel the pain. Kyogei honestly might be done after this.

Glad you're back man! Hope you aced your exams!

I love how Shibukawa stuck his whole-ass knuckle in Kyogei's eye and he was kinda like "Well okay, guess that just happened..."

@Soda

I think they learned their lesson after Season 3 part 1 ovo

@Anttron

I'm hype too, this is gunna be insane, but I just keep myself distracted with re-reading the manga

So I dunno if anyone has gotten around to the new chapter, but holy shit that was a ****** wild fight overall. If the ending is anything to go by (since I'm dumb and forgot the tournament order), Doppo is up next. Any predictions?

God I hope so. After re-reading some of Baki, I've realized that Doppo is one of the most skilled martial artists with like 0 feats to show it, and it kinda irks me. Make this man skill yeet these Sumos...

The new animation for the anime is absolutely beautiful, I remember back when the og Baki anime came out and that ******* god awful CGI opening. Desire or something?

LordGinSama said:
The new animation for the anime is absolutely beautiful, I remember back when the og Baki anime came out and that ******* god awful CGI opening. Desire or something?
Definitely looking forward to it, it seems they dumped the CGI during Part 2 of Season 3

Forgot about one of the biggest blue-balls of the Baki manga

https://s5.mkklcdnv5.com/************/n1/new_grappler_baki/vol31_chapter_275_qualification/20.jpg

I honestly can't wait until the thread move is finished. I just finished combing through NGB and there's not only some good stuff to add the the skill blog I'm working on, but some people are due for some nice additions to Powers and Abilities

Just letting everyone know beforehand, I've got a bunch of minor profile additions and changes coming up in a CRT soon. Not major changes or anything, but a lot of stuff. Would it be better to knock it out now since all the stuff is small or wait until the move is done because it's a lot of stuff?

I stopped reading after the Yujiro Baki fight and the start of the Musashi arc. Is it worth picking up this series again?

A lot of people have problems with the Musashi arc because of some weird stuff in scaling between the characters, but the fights are still awesome, Musashi a pretty dope character if not a little weird, and it's more of the Baki characters. Baki-Dou II has actually been really good so far. If you like seeing strong characters like Yujiro or Baki dominate the rest of the verse, Baki-Dou is for you. If you like the normal happenings of Baki, Baki-Dou II is better. Musashi basically just goes around destroying everyone, whereas Baki-Dou II introduces Nomi, who's a cool character that's kinda a Baki/Hanayama mix and they've started a tournament that's ******* awesome so far. I'd say it's worth it, but of course I'm super biased

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can read the Maximum Tournament? I've been unable to find any translated chapters for the tourney beyond Retsu vs the Sambo guy

If you go to the Grappler Baki Reddit you'll see a FAQ page and they have links to the volumes of Grappler Baki but it's basically raws with translations next to the panels so it's kinda hard to read quickly.

Amlad22 said:
If you go to the Grappler Baki Reddit you'll see a FAQ page and they have links to the volumes of Grappler Baki but it's basically raws with translations next to the panels so it's kinda hard to read quickly.
Eh, I'll take what I can get. Appreciate it!

Back