• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Grandmist Duology Revision - The Big Morb

Zaratthustra

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Image Helper
Revision for Grandmist Duology characters. I'll split it in two - the first part will be for the Coiling Dragon's characters as it's longer while after that will be for Stellar Transformation as it's just 3 characters and a lot shorter. Its so long that I need two posts...bruh.

The power system of the verse goes from Rank 1 to Rank 9 Mage/Warrior (reaching rank 9 makes one Great Mage/Great Warrior). After that it's the Deity realms: Saint then God then Highgod and finally Sovereign - these being the ranks accessible to the characters in-verse excluding Linley who managed to reach Universe Controller. Basically, the higher one goes in realm/rank, the more abilities they get.

All Characters - Excluding Hillman as he's the only non-saint being here. He will get only a part of them.

Powers:
Resistance to:
Imposing - is an ability all get before reaching Law

Haydson, McKenzie Jackques, Haidens, Fain, and Rosarie - these 5 reach only the peak of the Saint realm.
Powers:
Resistance to:

Desri and The Great Warlock - these two have reached only the God rank.
Powers:
Resistance to:

War God O'Brien, Cesar, Zassler, Delia Leon, Bebe - these 5 have reached the Highgod rank
Powers:
Resistance and Power:

Orloff - he's the only one who is a Sovereign at peak

Now that we have finished with the things that they share thanks to the realm of power, let's see what they get specifically depending on their Law/Edict - mostly will not have many things excluding Wind and Earth Law as they were the most explored in the novel.

Specific Powers based on their Element/Law/Edict​

Now I will post a list with each character and what they get exactly from the above tabs. This part will be a lot of copy-paste from the above tabs so you can ignore it if you don't want to see what exactly they get each and can make an idea based on the above tabs.

Hillman - 6th level Warrior

Haydson - Earth God

McKenzie Jacques - Fire God

Heidens - Light God

Rosarie - Water God
Fain - Lightning God

Desri - he will get the abilities below for Light key while for Death key he will lose the Healing / Light God then Death God

The Great Warlock - Death God

War God O'Brien - Fire Highgod

Cesar - Darkness Highgod

Zassler - Death Highgod

Bebe - Darkness Highgod

Delia Leon - Wind Highgod

Orloff - Chief Sovereign of Fate
Imposing:
Resistance to:

Now, the most changes of course will be for the main character Linley Baruch. He will have abilities added, some removed and several changed.

Saint Key:
God Key:
Reformulate:
Resistance to:
Highgod Key:
Now his speed needs adjusting to "FTL" from "At least Massively Hypersonic+" thanks to this
While he should get another value beyond his base and sovereign's might which would be for his Dragonform which increases his power by 10 times thus he will be Low 6-B as Base, 6-B in Dragon form, and High 6-B using Sovereign's Might. Basically, he scales higher in his Dragonform than normal by 10 times.
Sovereign Key:
He currently is 4-B for creating two divine planes but no value as it wasn't calculated but I did one now so he will finally have a fixed value and not a baseline one - New Value. Now since both values are accepted we will need to decided which one to use either 4-B for hundred million km range or either 4-A for two billion km range creation.

Universe Controller:
  • All powers from the verse - Can use the powers of all Sovereigns - the 5 Elements, Light, Darkness, Death, Destruction, Life, and Fate.
  • Another backing is that Hongmeng the first being to exist and the creator of the cosmos says that once someone become like him (which he did) they will freely be able to manipulate all energies of all Cosmoses. Hongmeng even gave him his knowledge on how to use the Grandmist energy. This include all the powers from the second novel of the same verse - Stellar Transformation for Universe Controllers aka Grandmist beings share all their abilities and knowledge.
Several powers show by him in Stellar Transformation

Now also for Linley, let's look at his Coiling Dragon Ring
So, after re-reading some parts to revision the profiles I realized that the current 20k soul hax value doesn't work well mathematically as previously one of the characters said that he had been butchering at least 1 million of souls over a period of 6 years and all that concentration is within one of the crystal balls. He also stated that there are at least 6 other butchers like him. This is from Book 12 Chapter 26 of the novel.

Then a bit later in the same chapter, Linley feels the souls with his Coiling Dragon Ring which also proceeds to absorb all of them. He says there must have been "tens of millions" of beings whose soul got refined into that crystal ball but immediately after absorbing them it says "So many souls? There’s more than ten thousand." which doesn't make any sense with the previously said statements of how just one butcher murdered daily hundreds if not thousands of souls for over 6 years (him alone doing it and there being at least 6 other butchers). So, the question is if we continue to use just one statement of "tens of thousand" or the multiple ones using "millions" - basically either we remain at 20k or 20 million souls.

Second part cause its too long and it won't let me post into a single one.

Xiao Hei

Hou Fei

Qin Yu
Pre-Stellar Transformation Key
Powers that come from Xiao Hei which is his magical beast
Stellar Transformation Key
Powers that come from Xiao Hei

Tier: Found an actual island size from the novel so I redone the calc using a ground burst formula which resulted in a lower-tier 8-A so downgrade from its current 7-B but at the same time lower than his first key current value which is High 7-C so I propose him just scaling higher from the first key as he's stronger.

Immortal Key
Godking Key

Cosmology Fix​

A Cosmos is layered in three parts: countless Mortal Realm spaces (lower layer), countless spaces of the same level as Immortal, Devil and Demon Realm, etc (middle layer), and the Divine Realm (high layer). A Mortal Realm space is equal to a Universe while a space of Immortal, Devil and Demon Realm is a state higher than the mortal one as it has a higher stability and to ascend to one a higher level of energy is needed.
  • So, till now we have 2-B for the lower layer of a Cosmos. Then a higher 2-B for the middle layer.
The Divine Realm (high layer) is the peak of all Cosmic Spaces. Just a stone by the side of a road here is 100 times heavier than a tall mountain in the previous lower realm. At the same time, the Divine Realm is a vast area of land with a boundless ocean surrounding making it, unlike the previous cosmic spaces where there exist planets, galaxies, etc... it's just a vast land with an ocean.
  • Now, with the high layer, we have an even higher 2-B for the Cosmos.
There are multiple Cosmoses and they exist within the Grandmist Space/Region which is boundless in size. Currently, there are 3 sets of Cosmoses, one for Hong Meng, one for Lin Meng, and one for Qin Meng (aka Qin Yu) - each having a Main Cosmos and 4 Subsidiary Cosmoses which are just a tenth in size compared to the main one and the larger one is the more stability it has. This making a total of 15 Cosmoses and as time passes more will appear.
  • Finally, this will make the Cosmology even higher in 2-B for the Grandmist Region/Space.
  • This will only change the current tier of Linley Baruch and Qin Yu's Universe Controller key from "At least 2-A, likely Low 1-C" to "At least 2-B, likely far higher".

Zara you'll get a hard time trying to get people to read all of this.

Anyhow, I couldn't see anything wrong, so I'll say it's all kino.
if the pinged people respond then with 1-2 more inputs I could work with it.

Coiling Dragon was IET's first major novel and his most known in the west for a long time, while Stellar Transformation was not such a hit in these parts but in its original country of release, it got so many fans that it become the web novel with the most revenue for a few years that they made multiple games and movies for it.

Morbump.

“If I were to not do this, then after today, I would regret it for the rest of my life.” Guo Fan slightly raised his head. He stared at the three Emperor level experts in front of him. “They could kill me. However, they cannot make my heart surrender to them. Even if I am to die, I would look down upon them from the bottom of my heart.” - Guo Fan (Stellar Transformation)

“Linley, don’t be too heartbroken. Life, death, sickness, infirmity…these things are far too common. You can’t have perfection in all things, just because you desire it.” - Beirut (Coiling Dragon)

Wheel of Bump

I agree with all of them

He currently is 4-B for creating two divine planes but no value as it wasn't calculated but I did one now so he will finally have a fixed value and not a baseline one - New Value.
The 4-A 2 billion KM feat should be used

Now also for Linley, let's look at his Coiling Dragon Ring
The millions of souls I think works best due to the previous statements

They can live in the chaotic space between planes -- Not sure what to put on this
Self-Sustenance; Probably them being able to breath in space

The last one being Profound Truth of Circular Softness - would like suggestion for this
Probably some type of Spatial Manipulation

One of his clones is in a pocket dimension - not sure what to put for his.
Probably could lose via BFR in a VS Battle due to it being in a pocket dimension instead of the SBA Map, it’s weird

Likely Fear Manipulation (His killing intent is strong enough to freeze guards)
Probably only works on fodders though but works in my opinion

Not sure on this one but he can neutralize half of the force used on him.
I think it works like in the way boxers make their head move the way a punch is coming to them to reduce the amount of damage they'll fully receive if hit properly

I don't know what to put for this - (Anything the Lotus Clone learns so will him as the two share everything)
IDK about this too, it's like Multiple Selves and Absorption combined I guess; best to note it out at least (if it can be used offensively so like the Lotus Clone can Power Mimicry)

Well, 6 Agree, and since no one had anything against the 4-A end for the calculation then that will be used.

Thanks to you all for participating in this thread.

Back