• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KingEzran

He/Him
Well this will be the only fair Rising of Shield Hero vs Hunter X Hunter fight until Gon busts some universes. Both are 9-C. Let's get into the details of this versus thread.

-Speed Equalized

-Both in Character

-Range: 5 meters

-Win via KO

Votes:

Raphtalia: 0

Leorio: 7

Incon: 0

Plus I hope HxH never gets too crazy. Limitations will prevent anyone from getting too powerful. Conjurers can't make swords that can cut anything cause it's beyond human capability for example.

Yeah this Leorio is a pretty good knife user, but he got some good ass durability and crazy stamina (could non-stop run 80 kilometers and open), while Raphtalia's stamina is average, and he could casually restrain with his 8 ton lifting strength if her lifting str is just lower.

@Emperor

I believe Gyro is now a Chimera Ant, but I'd really like to know what happened to him because they gave half of episode for his backstory and he never appeared again, I hope Welfin will find him in the series someday, he deserves it.

HXH already has reality warpers and planetary-sized monsters but would never go as far to make a character universal :p

Raphtalia is stronger than Naofumi even without a sword.

And Naofumi is strong enough to kill a grown man with a single punch.

So is Hisoka (and without Nen he actually scales far above that, he can kill a monster with single card throw). And Leorio took hits from him without dying, hell, he was just KO'd

Leorio is physically comparable or even superior to Gon who also can perform similar feats, like shattering stone pillars with a punch, pushing a 4 ton gate (Leorio actually did that too) and catching*holding a fish that took 5 grown men to hold, so I believe Leorio has better feats and scaling

Eh, I guess.

That was like a level 2-3 Naofumi (Who has the weakest base attack of any relevant fighter in the novel) verses this Raphtalia who's a level 20 something.

But, I'll give you feats.

So he has AP and Dura. What's his skill looking like? Raphtalia isn't super skilled in this key, but she can at least hold her own in sword play against trained warriors, knights, guards, mercenaries, bandits and others.

Skill? Well, the man passed Hunter Exam which is an extremely deadly thing, where you fight numerous monsters, put yourself on verge of death, fight with other participants (also to death) et cetera

Netero, the greatest Nen user in entire HXH (so his opinion is pretty believable as he has seen both in action) stated that his combat prowess and fighting skills were better than Bodoro's who was an very experienced martial artist who also passed Hunter Exam and even to the finals (HXH humans are weeeell far above our standard world humans so their 9-C is higher end, so I'm sure Bodoro as a very agile and strong guy is above the likes you mentioned), but was in the end killed by Killua (not a shameful thing considering who Killua is)

He is also impressive knife user and in-character bargainer, but I don't think it's useful here, unless Raphtalia likes to talk with her opponents

...IDK how much combat skill was involved in him passing the hunter exams. Most of that stuff was non-combat related.

But if he's skilled with the AP advantage, he should take this.

I think Gyro would has an extremely powerful ability based on death. Or something based on evil might be deviltry idk. If Togashi comes back Gyro could be a major player after the Dark Continent.

I don't think Gon is even going to appear in the manga anymore :p

Don't kill my dreams, Gon is my second favourite character (#1 is Killua)

Yup, that's one of the similarities. But that's meh comparing, Knuckle and Okuyasu are similar in being kind despite seeming angry and having the same VA but otherwise they are pretty unique characters on their own

(Knuckle is genius in maths)

Back