• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Arthur Morgan vs Nathan Drake

How often does Indra use time manipulation? Because Arthur's is passive if he himself does not activate it and he's in danger. I can see an inconclusive, as it could come down to who uses their abilities first.

extremely lucky is too OP, even when nathan is on the enemy's side, they all miss the shots. This has already been confirmed by the authors. Unless arthur has homing bullets he won't hit nathan easily, even with a dead eye.

It doesn't matter, nathan's luck is supernatural. Like I said, even though the enemy is inches from him with automatic weapons they still miss all the shots. No matter how good arthur aims is, he is not going to hit nathan at first.

How is he not? The bullets aren't ricocheting off anything, and he slows down his perception to make it more accurate. Hell, he even locks on to your vitals. I'm not sure how skilled the shooters are in Uncharted, but Arthur is part of a notorious gang and stated to be the best gunslinger in the entire gang, able to clear shootouts in graveyards, middle of towns, rivers, trains, etc without him getting injured.

Even sick, dying, and pushed to his limit he was able to fend off multiple opponents with nothing but a pistol.

You don't have to be skilled to shoot someone a few inches from you with an automatic weapon, even a squint could do it without difficulty, anyone could. The thing is, people just cant hit him.

supernatural >>>> skills.

By then Nathan has already used some of his skills, such as time manipulation, soul manipulation or simply put a bullet in Arthur's head.

It's not, it's in the game. And as both are 50m apart, it becomes even more difficult for Arthur to hit a shot if he keeps great distance from nathan. But the fight will start in a dense forest, so stealth is huge factor here, which one has better stealth i dont know.

Nate definitely has the advantage in stealth and even more so given the setting and distance between them. Nate can just scale the trees and jump from one branch to the other while concealing himself, already making him out of sight and giving him a mobility and high ground advantage. At this point, Nate can just fire from behind cover at Arthur from one of his many vantage points or sneak above him to perform a stealth takedown and snap his neck with his superior lifting strength.

Hell, I'd say even in a gunfight Nate can take it due to one reason - his luck. Admittedly, I don't know much about Arthur's skill, but I can definitely tell that he's an exceptional marksmen especially with Dead Eye. However, it means nothing since Nate's luck will make it so that any bullets coming his way will forcibly miss.

Nate should take this for these reasons, along with some others from above.

So the argument against Arthur is that his attacks won't land.

You guys do realize, Dead-Eye locks onto the target right? His bullets cannot miss unless there is something supernatural that magically stops a locked on attack.

Basically, battle starts, Dead-Eye activates, the bulletS lock on, and kill Nathan. Unless Nathan's ability is also situationally passive, there is no way I see him winning

Has that ever shown to save him against a locked on attack. This is completely different from bullets just randomly being shot, hoping to hit him.

Also the lack of belief in Arthur using stealth is pretty dumb. It's like you guys are arguing Arthur isn't smart or something. He should honestly have prep time if you want him at his full potential but whatever

@Mill

I mean luck is supernatural in nature is it not? Thus the term supernatural luck?

@Zen

I don't think Dead Eye is necessarily locked on, at least from what I've seen. Sure, in terms of gameplay the player can mark multiple targets and Arthur will gun them down without further input from the player (which makes it "locked on"), but in actuality Arthur is still aiming and shooting albeit he has a better chance at hitting targets due to his perception slowing down. Regardless, Nate's luck is still going to come into play (which is passive btw) and it takes more than one accurate bullet to break his luck. His luck was designed to pay homage to the tone of action-adventure films where protagonists won't get shot despite being shot at from multiple angles and at close range.

Arthur can definitely use stealth himself, but I believe Nate can do it better. Due to his acrobatics, gear and the setting, he can just swing from treetop to treetop and fire at Arthur from all angles or just resort to staying hidden and taking him down with an aerial takedown from above, snapping his neck. He has taken down entire squads of mercenaries with stealth by utilizing the environment and his acrobatics before.

Arthur should be given prep

Passive? So? So is Dead-Eye given the circumstances of this fight.

You know, the definition of locked on is..... locked on, right? Unless I see evidence of Nathan's luck helping him against a locked on attack, there is no reason to assume he can.

The argument that Arthur still needs to shoot doesn't debunk anything about the shot being locked on? If it wasn't legitamately a lock on then Arthur would miss at least once and throughout the entire game you do not miss when you have it locked on. You can use Dead-Eye and not lock on and miss, but you can't lock on then miss, otherwise the whole idea or concept of a locked on shot is irrelevant

"Nate can do it better"

Not if Arthur has an hour prep time at most, if you want him at his best of course

Locked on is just an perfect aim, nothing more.

It turns out that even when Nathan is completely in the opponent's Aim they still miss. And why do arthur needs prep? This is not a stomp, just a decisive win for Nathan.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
That... doesn't respond to anything I said above.
Being in someone's aim and being locked on is completely different.

"Locked on" is still just a aim and that's why he will miss. Its not like the bullet will follow Nathan, arthur will simply aim the gun at the perfect angle and shoot. Its still just a aim.

We can use a laser sight as an example. You can manually lock on an enemy with it, and you'll hit your target as long as the laser points directly at your opponent. What Nate does is avoid the projectile, negating the "unmissable" part, and he literally avoids locked on snipers and even AoE stuff like RPGs and grenades throughout the game.

I'm not sure who would win, but Nate can evade "unmissable" shots, that's the whole point of his Supernatural Luck.

@Zen

As the others have stated, Arthur's shots aren't homing attacks or anything so they aren't locked on at all. In terms of gameplay it works the way it does, but in reality it's just an extremely fast quickdraw on Arthur's part. It's not like his bullets are sentient and automatically travel to their target. Arthur's still aiming and shooting and Nate's luck protects him from bullets fired his way in general. Nate's own evasion helps out with this as well.

Also, where did prep time come from? Are you suggesting prep time should be given to him since you think the match-up is unfair? I mean Arthur can definitely win here if he breaks Nate's luck by firing away at him constantly and not allowing him to take cover or by utilizing other equipment like his vials to enhance his stats. The point is that Nate can lose here, but he shouldn't for the most part. This isn't an unfair match at all if Nate still has chances of losing.

Back