• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypnos FRA.

sleep Manipulation is a weird hax though anos valdigoad used it and won one's and turns out only few characters have resistance to sleep Manipulation even infinite stamina can't counter it.

• Eternal Drowsiness (エターナルドラウジネス, Etānaru Doraujinesu, the English "Eternal Drowsiness") Hypnos concentrates his cosmos, raising his right arm in the air, on the same axis while his left arm is pointing to the ground. An area of darkness is created and places Hypnos and his victims into a sort of limbo, where the enemy falls unconscious plunged into an eternal sleep.
If this is how Hypnos activates his Sleep Manipulation, I'd argue Inconclusive.

When Sonic has a Power Ring one-hand, it's always the first thing he uses unless he's holding onto them for a specific purpose (I.e. removing brainwashing or trying to gather more for enough Chaos Energy to tap into a Super State). So he either immediately BFRs or negs Hypnos with 5D Power Null, and can do so with a thought. It's a who-strikes-first situation, to which there isn't a reliable answer since Sonic also generally raises his hand before "wishing" with the Power Rings.

So Inconclusive is my vote.

If this is how Hypnos activates his Sleep Manipulation, I'd argue Inconclusive.

When Sonic has a Power Ring one-hand, it's always the first thing he uses unless he's holding onto them for a specific purpose (I.e. removing brainwashing or trying to gather more for enough Chaos Energy to tap into a Super State). So he either immediately BFRs or negs Hypnos with 5D Power Null, and can do so with a thought. It's a who-strikes-first situation, to which there isn't a reliable answer since Sonic also generally raises his hand before "wishing" with the Power Rings.

So Inconclusive is my vote.
His brother, the god of death, has just induced death in people resistant to death manip through thought. So Hypnos should have a thought based Sleep. It’s just that eternal drowsiness is more effective. As Hypnos and Thanatos are pretty much the same, but one uses sleep instead of death. Also, I’m pretty sure passive Paralysis and the removal of his senses(mainly touch) would stop, or at least slow from sonic from doing this.

His brother, the god of death, has just induced death in people resistant to death manip through thought. So Hypnos should have a thought based Sleep. It’s just that eternal drowsiness is more effective. As Hypnos and Thanatos are pretty much the same, but one uses sleep instead of death. Also, I’m pretty sure passive Paralysis and the removal of his senses(mainly touch) would stop, or at least slow from sonic from doing this.
Just because one will do it doesn't mean the other will, he needs to be shown to have down it for it to be remotely in-character. And losing his sense of touch doesn't really affect Sonic simply thinking to get rid of him. And if Hypnos has passive paralysis, Sonic is actually going to double down on it since he knows he can do it through a simple thought rather than with flashy hand gestures.

So I'm actually going with Sonic now.

Just because one will do it doesn't mean the other will, he needs to be shown to have down it for it to be remotely in-character. And losing his sense of touch doesn't really affect Sonic simply thinking to get rid of him. And if Hypnos has passive paralysis, Sonic is actually going to double down on it since he knows he can do it through a simple thought rather than with flashy hand gestures.

So I'm actually going with Sonic now.
Hypnos would actually lead with thought, because hed want to get rid of sonic as fast as possible, due to not wanting sonic to sin in elysium

So then it's Inconclusive like I said, because they're both going to lead with thought-based hax due to the circumstances of their fight.

A weaker copy of Hypnos can use an ability to put others to sleep immediately, although it is a weaker version than the one used with his technique.
vydniVB.png

skzHFCZ.png
Her sister can put Kanon to sleep effortlessly, even when she is not the goddess representing sleep in this universe like Hypnos, so in this aspect she is much weaker than Hypnos.
dxKna6n.jpg

nhTU33c.jpg

JjI4kId.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back