• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) All Might vs Monkey D. Garp

Sora and buff riku said:
Wow look at the FRA train and another lose for All Might I wanna die.
I mean if you think it's an unfair conclusion maybe you can give your take on it and debunk the arguments that people are voting based on.

Note: Not voting, nor am I trying to say All Might wins, just curious about something.

Why are you saying Garp has a lifting strength advantage? Does he scales to something higher than the calc on his page, which is Class G? If he upscales to Class T due to his feat being casual, All Might would have the lifting strength advantage in that case though

Where is Garp's AP scaling to make him so much stronger than Prime all might? All Might is not "just scaling above a 2.41 gigaton feat." That is his weakened versions air pressure. Air pressure is pathetic compared to actual punches from All Might, so even weakened All Might is possibly getting an AP advantage over Garp, let alone Prime All Might who has no injury or stamina issues whatsoever at the peak of his power. You're acting like the 2.41 gigaton feat his weakened version did with air pressure alone is somehow comparable at all to a version that doesn't have a gaping hole in his chest and stomach that makes him not even fit to use his power for 3 hours.

Gonna need more concrete stuff on that scaling chain for Garp.

Garp > Marineford Akainu. Akainu was was able to hold off all 14 of Whitebeard's commanders and crocodile on his own while he was severely weakened (took two direct quakes from whitebeard previously).

Is there any other reason as to why Old Garp is above Akainu other than what he himself said whilst essentially bloodlusted?

Eminiteable said:
Sengoku took it seriously, and Sengoku isn't bloodlusted and I'd the literal leader of the entire navy.
Sengoku stopping him means literally nothing, it could have been due to any of these reasons

Sengoku didn't want Garp to die

Sengoku didn't want two of his best Marines fighting each other whilst they're in a war

Sengoku didn't want Garp to kill Akainu

The 2nd one is by far the most likely.

It could have, however the option with the most context given is the third, the other two aren't implied and are just head canon.

Eminiteable said:
It could have, however the option with the most context given is the third, so that's what's used on the wiki.
What context? As I said, Garp stating he's going to kill Akainu shouldn't even be considered given his mental state, it seems like the decision to make Garp superior to Akainu was rushed and I'm very much interested in reading the CRT where it was accepted.

Garp told Sengoku not to stop holding him down as he would kill akainu. That's all we know of the scene and intentions of what was going to happen. Unless Garp has an anti feat that implies he wasn't capable of killing marineford akainu then there isn't anything else to take other than Garp > Akainu.

Eminiteable said:
Garp told Sengoku not to stop holding him down as he would kill akainu. That's all we know of the scene and intentions of what was going to happen. Unless Garp has an anti feat that implies he wasn't capable of killing marineford akainu then there isn't anything else to take other than Garp > Akainu.
As I said, Garp's own statement shouldn't be used given he was essentially bloodlusted, have you ever been mad before? You tend not to think rationally. At most he should be scaled above Marco for damaging him, but scaling him above Akainu doesn't work.

Garp could become an Admiral anytime he wants really, and I'd say physically Garp is definitely stronger than Akainu, taking his Devil Fruit into consideration is a different story however. And i wouldn't neccesarily say that Garp is >>> Akainu rather that he should be equal or slightly stronger.

Garp could become an Admiral anytime he wants really

Young Garp could, I don't remember that being stated for this Garp, not that it really matters.

and I'd say physically Garp is definitely stronger than Akainu

Based on what exactly? There's nothing factual putting him there, he's only there if you use faulty backscaling from his Prime version or accept his own statement as fact.

And i wouldn't neccesarily say that Garp is >>> Akainu rather that he should be equal or slightly stronger.

I could "maybe" see him being equal to Akainu, but that's me wanting him to be rather than there actually being any concrete evidence putting him there, him being superior to Akainu is baseless.

Considering that Marco himself is comparable to admirals, that Garp essentially swatted him away without effort, that he was Yonko level just 20 years ago give or take and shouldn't have gotten THAT much weaker, and compounding that with his statement against Akainu I would say it's actually pretty safe to scale Garp above Akainu tbh.

1. Marco wasn't aiming for Garp, he was flying towards Ace and Garp jumped him, though Garp certainly injured him hence why he should at least scale to Marco.

2. Marco isn't comparable to Akainu. An extensively injured Akainu dealt with every commander (Yes including Marco) at the same time, remaining completely unscathed, we even see him no sell both Vista and Marco's attacks on panel. Also, a single direct casual quake from Whitebeard would at least knockout Marco, Akainu took multiple and kept on going. Lastly, he was the person who essentially killed Whitebeard, something Marco could never ever hope to do.

3. You can't claim "Garp didn't get that MUCH weaker" when he has no real feats to say otherwise lol.

1.Ok

2. Marco is definitely admiral level. He fought Kizaru and dodged his attacks many times. He's not as strong as Akainu at all, but he's in the same ballpark. That leads me to believe that the guy who one shot him, sort of, is at least a little bit above Akainu.

3. I mean you can't really prove the contrary objectively either. You too are assuming he regressed considerably from his prime even though we've never been told anything of the sort. Sure, Rayleigh said that age got to him, but not only does that not necessarily translate to Garp, we also have no idea how much he'd regress even if he did. So your guess is as good as mine. But I'm using the only feats we have to come to a conclusion that I think makes sense, which is that Garp is at least a little bit above Akainu imo.

2. He's noticeably inferior to Akainu in every way bar regen and flight, I mean seriously, name any advantage that Marco has other than those two. His performance against Kizaru shouldn't even really be mentioned in order to compare him to Akainu, it's generally accepted here that Akainu is superior to Kizaru, and given Kizaru's laid back personality, it's questionable how much effort he was putting it. Especially considering Kizaru was able to hold down Whitebeard's bisento with one leg and yet couldn't stop a kick from Marco, Whitebeard has supremely better physical feats. Do want to mention though, Kizaru's profile says he "Defeated Marco without much of a problem", yet I don't remember this? I remember him using Seastone cuffs but that shouldn't really count.

Again, Garp essentially jumped him, and how was it a "one shot" in any way, minus the bruise on his face he was completely fine afterwards? Marco didn't block nor did he have any leverage to stop himself from being sent flying back, I think you're exaggerating their little encounter honestly.

3. It's not for me to prove that lol, it's actually on you to prove he didn't get significantly weaker with old age since that's the obvious assumption, especially since we know for a fact that aging makes you weaker in One Piece. And given his complete lack of feats, there's really no way for you to argue otherwise without using a bunch of really bad scaling.

You can keep saying it but I've yet to see any proof that puts Garp above Akainu, everything that's been said is subjective and almost completely relies on Garp's own statement that he said immediately after seeing essentially one of his grand kids murdered.

There isn't a reason to not assume Garp's statement to be true as it's backed by Sengoku's actions, there's nothing more to it than that.

Eminiteable said:
There isn't a reason to not assume Garp's statement to be true as it's backed by Sengoku's actions, there's nothing more to it than that.
Look, I respect your opinion and you make some good arguments in other One Piece related threads, but regurgitating the same argument I've already countered isn't going to be what convinces me otherwise.

Sengoku stopping him doesn't have to mean that, I already said it could mean multiple things. Sengoku isn't an idiot, the Marines don't benefit from two of it's strongest Marines trying to kill each other.

Anyway, it's pointless continuing this here when no new arguments are being presented. I'll make a CRT about it when the move is over and we can continue there. As it stands, if we assume Garp is proficient with CoO then he probably wins.

Even if we are assuming that Garp could kill Akainu who is superior to Marco, how does that in any way give him the AP advantage?

A weakened, at his limit, no time left, missing lung and stomach All Might, with air pressure alone, did a feat that is over 2x what Marco is scaling to. Prime All Might is laughably stronger than that All Might. How is Garp getting the AP advantage here? It looks like even weakened AM would be above Garp in strength.

@Kingofwolves

No one is saying that Garp has the AP advantage. AM has the advantage here, but it's 2-3 times at most, so not that large of an advantage to grant a decisive victory considering Garp has a lot going for him like skill, experience, intelligence, and most importantly CoO granting him a considerable edge in combat.

Back