• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Although I don't know much about Homura, Nen kinda has durability negation against people without nen, and the two of them would likely be way too much for someone of the same tier as the both of them alone to handle. Furthermore, with how close Gon and Killua are they'd likely be able to work in tandem together to make a pretty good battle plan on the fly (even if Gon's an idiot, he's great at fighting), and Killua's a straight-up assassin from a family known worldwide as the best assassins out there. Furthermore, even if Homura has a somewhat higher AP and defense (City Block+ vs City Block), even without Nen's durability negation Killua was capable of ripping through people with his bare hands and Gon's obviously stronger than that being an Enhancer (and Killua stronger than he was then due to now having nen). Personally I think it'd be a better match if it was one of the boys vs her, but at the same time I don't know too much about her.

Nen does not have durability negation against people without nen by any means and even if it had, verse equalization would deny it. Nen is merely so strong that characters from the verse cannot stop it. That's because no one in the Hunter x Hunter verse can be more durable than Wall Level without nen, yet any nen user is capable of casually reaching that level. That's why even attacks that Gon's puny Ten would defend from seemed so strong that they could induce serious bone fractures with every hit and kill if they ever managed to hit a vital spot.

This is Gon alone, Killua not involved, so I don't know what the hell you're talking about with puting Killua in here. Killua was able to rip through people and that was an AP feat because he did it to a 9-B person. It did, however, use his claws. Using AP feats after it's established that the other character is stronger is meaningless.

So, basically, KillerQueef, your entire comment is completely void of meaning.

NOW

I do still vote Gon based on his far superior level of skill, intelligence and stamina. Gon isn't dumb by any f*cking means, he's very strategically smart, ridiculously so for his age, and is seen creating relatively complicated plans that needed skill and precision to perform when fighting Genthru. He contributed to his every team fight and by no means had to be carried around by Killua when thinking was required: not only that, his simplicity of mind doesn't make him unable to understand complex concepts, but rather good at correcting mistakes on complex thinking where a simple one would suffice, which he does to Killua.

Gon is capable of outsmarting a far more experienced opponent in battle and has a trained fast thinking wherein he learned to think as fast as his own reflexes, so he can quickly understand Homura, predict her patterns and counter her abilities as they fight. It shouldn't take long at all.

Even though Homura is stronger, Nen is a power that allows for the channeling of power in one part of the body in detriment of others and Gon is no pussy and isn't afraid of using Ko to block her attacks if the situation calls for it. Because of his fast thinking, he might as well be able to use that repeatedly and not get severely punished for extreme Gyos.

He also has a fishing rod and has shown to use it in different ways, so there's nothing stopping him from using it to grapple or immobilize her with the line. He's also seen using the scenery on his favor in more than one fight and could hide from Homura on trees and then hit a Janken. He could even momentarily Zetsu somewhere to rest between powerful attacks, since she has no Regenerationn powers.

Overall, Gon is smarter and that's what's going to win him this fight. Hunter x Hunter characters are known to beat much stronger enemies when they are highly intelligent, but not as cunning as the MCs, and this can easily repeat itself. Homura can be a few times stronger, she's still fodder.

It might also be good to mention that if Homura were living in the HxH-verse, she'd possibly be an enhancer, and just by how enhancers are straightforward and predictable basically gives Gon the win.

(Wow it seems that only Haruka could trump Gon and Killua in terms of intelligence)

Enhancers being straightfoward and predictable is just an in-universe superstition, but yeah, Haruka doesn't have the intelligence to match up to Hunter x Hunter characters. You'd need someone cunning like Joseph Joestar to beat them with a power disadvantage, but that guy is just 8-C. =/

The AP ratio between them is of... two times? Don't remember, but Crimson Homura is 8-B+ while Gon is somewhere on the low end of 8-B, like 20 to 40 tons at most without Janken.

So yeah, it's a great strength difference, but... pretty negligible when you look at who the "weak" side is.

Yeah, ultimately doesn't matter. We've had AP stomps of far greater magnitude (see Composite Human versus Baldi, a mere human taking down a man who could stomp baseline 9-Bs, without using any weapons except what he could find at the school) be reverted by intellect and Gon even has tools like Ko which allows him to sacrifice his durability down to 9-B in exchange of landing blows which are at least twice stronger than his normal ones if I'm being gentle.

Considering the skill gap is immensely smaller then that, added on with the fact that Homura has plenty of ranged attacks and solid mobility plus an awesome AP advantage, I'd say Homura wins fairly comfortably

The skill gap is smaller, but not so smaller at all, Schnee. Are you telling me you can't tell the difference between a fighter who barely uses any interesting tatics and fights on the basis of overpowering their opponents and a fighter who's freaking used to taking on extremely smart and far stronger people and treating them like crap while beating them up with extremely cunning, dirty tricks?

That's Killua, and Gon is his equal in battle. He might not seem so, but is just as smart.

The comparison between a teacher and a combination of every human mind on earth is vastly smaller then this.

You act as if Homura, a highly trained killer who is revered as one of the best of the best, isn't smart enough to fight Killua.

Also her AOE is excellent with just sword strikes alone, so it's more then enough to send Gon flying

Yeah, I do believe Homura isn't smart enough to fight Killua, simply because Senran Kagura is one of these stories that's a lot more about power levels than actual tatics. She's LISTED as merely "above average" on her own intelligence stat, she has no strategic feats while Killua is consistently shown to do everything in his capacity to win, being cunning as hell and seeing right through really smart people's plans.

Now, if you want me to say even more, let me tell you this: any hunter in Hunter x Hunter is smarter than Homura and most of them wouldn't be able to get through the Hunter Exam. Just imagine them trying. They don't have the smarts to do it, all their training is around combat skill and power.

And so what if she can send Gon flying? He's been sent flying before and it did nothing. Also, he's shown to repeatedly use strategies that manipulate the environment in his favor in order to win fights.

Homura was capable of outsmarting someone physically stronger then her so no, it isn't all about tactics

Combat skill? Like Gon?

He has never been sent flying by an attack over 5x stronger then him, that's a false equivalence

What the **** has Homura shown that implies she is smarter than or even comparable to Killua and Gon. You just described hype and provided nothing in her verse to support your claim, Schnee. I suggest you want her to win because she's busty. Lol

Oh, my, you're really persistent, aren't you? Nobody in-anime states that someone is x times stronger than someone else, as far as I know, however Killua does easily defeat someone so strong he could barely damage, which looks a lot similar to a several times (perhaps five!) gap for me, and that guy was a Hunter, and hunters are necessarily highly intelligent just to hold that title, and that guy had been helping manipulate other hundreds of hunters before, yet Killua could read him like an open book. Any hunter is smarter than Homura, literally every single hunter is smarter than nearly every single character in all of Senran Kagura's verse.

Gon is not much dumber than Killua at all, he's also capable of outsmarting someone ridiculously more experienced and extremely intelligent, he's also consistently seen deploying cunning schemes to gain an edge and he's in all ways Killua's duo and an equal fighter in strength+intellect without differing much in any of these.

Gon has already fought someone several times stronger than him and who was definitely far smarter than Homura, that person was Genthru. Gon won. How? Intelligence.

It's just a fictional debate? Don't see the problem with being persistent

Not being X times stronger stated adds absolutely nothing to the argument that because he was sent flying back by something much weaker.

Where is your proof he was over 5x stronger then Gon? Literally where? Because I sure don't remember any proof of that

I mean that you persist with already refuted arguments.

No, he wasn't sent flying back by something much weaker. He's fought people far stronger than him before and won. By the way, my proof is in the fact that Gon and Killua are equals and Killua couldn't damage a Bomber normally. All Bombers should be comparable to each other and if one of them couldn't be damaged by the duo normally then that makes him at least what, 3x stronger if we're taking it lightly? Given Killua's way of dealing with that guy, I'd suggest it's the difference between a human on bare fists and a human on a sledgehammer... that's a several dozen times difference, isn't it?

Amexim said:
What the **** has Homura shown that implies she is smarter than or even comparable to Killua and Gon. You just described hype and provided nothing in her verse to support your claim, Schnee. I suggest you want her to win because she's busty. Lol
I want a video game character to win because she's busty

Right.....

Mand21 said:
I mean that you persist with already refuted arguments.

No, he wasn't sent flying back by something much weaker. He's fought people far stronger than him before and won. By the way, my proof is in the fact that Gon and Killua are equals and Killua couldn't damage a Bomber normally. All Bombers should be comparable to each other and if one of them couldn't be damaged by the duo normally then that makes him at least what, 3x stronger if we're taking it lightly? Given Killua's way of dealing with that guy, I'd suggest it's the difference between a human on bare fists and a human on a sledgehammer... that's a several dozen times difference, isn't it?
Arguments that you didn't refute you mean? Ones that I contested? Right

Who are those characters that are far stronger then him? You have given me zero proof of that, being physically stronger isn't everything but being far stronger to that degree obviously stops him from doing anything that doesn't ignore durability

All the three bombers. And why the f*ck you act while being 5x stronger is an immense freaking wall as if it's the competition between a human and a ten foot tall giant? Five times difference in strength is really just the difference between me and a 10-A+.

Because it is a very huge wall, not stomp worthy, but to call it meaningless is outright silly.

10+ is much higher then 5x baseline

Um, what? The difference between me and a baseline 9-C is 7.5x and I can kill one with literally any weapon or decent scheme.

@Mand21,I can commemorate you for saying that Gon is rather smart, it does make sense considering that he is the son of one of the series's smartest characters, maybe he inherited Ging's brains, although what differentiates between the two is is that Gon sort of thinks like Asuka (not meaning to shame on either character though)

I'm actually talking only about feats, Gon has displayed his intelligence a lot. Don't know how Asuka thinks, but afaik Senran Kagura doesn't have a lot of thinking at display.

Mand21 said:
Wall of text
I know it's been a while and all, and not to be a dick, but you COULD POSSIBLY have checked revisions to be able to see what the thread said when I posted that. Here, a link for you to read it.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/B...comment-33022828-20181013224954?oldid=3346292

At the time, my post was relevant. Furthermore, do you not remember in the Yorknew arc where literally walking into Hisoka's projection of his malicious ren nearly killed the two boys? The sheer projection of his nen on people without it was stated to be enough to maim them horribly, if not downright kill, if they had tried continuing against it.

Mand21 said:
Um, what? The difference between me and a baseline 9-C is 7.5x and I can kill one with literally any weapon or decent scheme.
>I can kill a 9-C using a weapon

You mean like, a gun or a knife? Those are 9-C dude.

Try to kill a street level athlete with a punch, and tell me how well it works.

That's a knife. Even though I'm like baseline 10-B or 10-C+, I can stab a 9-C and it'll pierce their flesh. Maybe even a sledgehammer will work, the only problem is I might get slowed down that way and be even more blitzed than normal, though that's not a problem for Gon and Killua.

That's very neat.

Now imagine what happens when the 9-C athlete hits the 10-B guy with 6 katanas at once.

This point goes both ways, and in fact it's in favor of Homura because she has more range, and because Gon isn't going to block an attack 5 times stronger than himself easily

Should I change the match-up to was I already had or is that not necessary

Also about Hisoka projecting nen, Gon's nen does not work that way

Kaltias said:
That's very neat.
Now imagine what happens when the 9-C athlete hits the 10-B guy with 6 katanas at once.

This point goes both ways, and in fact it's in favor of Homura because she has more range, and because Gon isn't going to block an attack 5 times stronger than himself easily
Sure, but do you understand that Gon can hurt her quite well?

No, Gon's Nen CAN work that way, he just hasn't used it that way. You remember how in the Neferpitou fight, Pitou who is downright one of the strongest characters so far in the series was terrified of him? It's reasonable to assume that it comes from the malice in his nen. Nowhere is "projecting your ren maliciously' stated to be exclusive to Hisoka.

Back