• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just gonna leave this here to follow it.

I'll put my vote after other people comment.

Goku wins all three rounds,

For the first two rounds both are pretty even in terms of physical stats and both have abilities that aren't particularly haxed. So then it all comes down to who can adapt better in battle and the answer to that is Goku, given that he managed to copy the Kamehameha after seeing it just once and that it took Master Roshi (a master of martial arts) 50 YEARS to master. Plus quite a few of Gon's techniques are similar to what Goku can do with his ki (the Rock fist is similar to the Fist Shockwave that Goku learned as an adult), meaning that it's likely that Goku could turn several of Gon's abilities against him. In the second round Goku trumps in H2H combat thanks to his superior traning.

Goku's power pole is also a vastly superior weapon to Gon's fishing pole, plus Goku has more experience with his pole since Gon pretty much disgarded his fishing pole after learning to use Nen (compared to Goku who used it in multiple fights)

For the third round Goku trumps in all categories, having much higher physical stats than what even the top tiers of HxH have displayed up until this point.

Another thing to mention is that many of Gon's most impressive feats and victories have either required a lot of outside help and large amounts of prep time. Plus whilst Gon has lost several battles, Goku has won nearly all of his

First round: Goku wins because durability.

Second round: They are mostly even-matched, but although Goku is a little faster, Gon now knows Nen and has Jaken. He is a WAY better strategist. Gon's capacity to think while battling beats Goku's speed with EASE. Talking about how many battles one won says nothing when Goku faced some martial artists and monsters and Gon faced the Hunters. If Goku is so incridibly talented, Gon also is SO talented that his friend with the same level of talent managed to do something that required both talent and experience without actually having experience, just through talent, being a transmuter doing an Enhancer's job. If Goku has the talent to get a 50-years skill in a minute, Gon has the talent to master Ko in four days and create a new technique in one.

Third round: ADULT f*cking Gon wins with strategist abilities.

You're forgetting that Goku has the ability to adapt to various situations very quickly, plus it's questionable if Gon is a better strategist than Goku considering that Goku fought the best martial artists IN THE WORLD. Also between mastering Ko in for days and creating a new technique in one and mastering a 50 year technique in less than a minute and after one viewing then I'd say the latter is more impressive. As an additional fact the monsters that Goku fought, one of them was able to defeat all the top 8 best martial artists in the world and Goku still beat him.

As for the third round, again this requires the assumption that Gon is a better strategist than Goku, which as I've said before is dubious at best. Also Adult Gon is fighting on a time limit, so all Goku has to do is outlast him and considering his fight against King Piccolo (and the horrible beating he took), he'd definitely be able to do that.

Yojimbo1989 said:
You're forgetting that Goku has the ability to adapt to various situations very quickly, plus it's questionable if Gon is a better strategist than Goku considering that Goku fought the best martial artists IN THE WORLD. Also between mastering Ko in for days and creating a new technique in one and mastering a 50 year technique in less than a minute and after one viewing then I'd say the latter is more impressive. As an additional fact the monsters that Goku fought, one of them was able to defeat all the top 8 best martial artists in the world and Goku still beat him.
As for the third round, again this requires the assumption that Gon is a better strategist than Goku, which as I've said before is dubious at best. Also Adult Gon is fighting on a time limit, so all Goku has to do is outlast him and considering his fight against King Piccolo (and the horrible beating he took), he'd definitely be able to do that.

Goku ONLY fought martial artists and martial-artist-like beings. His experience with different opponents is quite tiny, and I argue this will reduce his capacity to "quickly adapt", and even if he does, we must remember Genthru did the same with Gon, and the former still won — through sheer own capacity of creating a new plan to defeat him. I say it is indeed really likely that Gon is a better strategist.

Your point that Gon has a time limit is however indeed a good point.

Mainly for the reasons given above. Goku's stats are better in the last round, his power pole is much better than Gon's fishing stick. It's hard to say who's better adapting, I think Goku takes it though.

Back