• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Golden Sun

Does anyone here know anything about the Golden Sun verse? It was one of the reasons I started to become active on the wiki, I wanted to work on adding it to this wiki, among a couple other things, but this was the first verse that came to mind. I've seen other threads regarding adding Golden Sun and Isaac and such, so I figure a person or two would be interested.

Isaac profile and verse were deleted because there was not calcs or feats linked in his profile to justify his stats, so other users are welcome to bring the verse back.

Isaac should be Solar System level, due to jumping up to the Sun in mid battle and hitting it onto the opponent, and I can totally link that, among many other characters that should be on his level, and other characters in general. Uhm, I don't know how to really make pages, though. I'm not too good at that.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Isaac should be Solar System level, due to jumping up to the Sun in mid battle and hitting it onto the opponent, and I can totally link that, among many other characters that should be on his level, and other characters in general. Uhm, I don't know how to really make pages, though. I'm not too good at that.
I can help make the pages. It's been a while since I've played the 1st golden sun, but I do remember the amount of classes in the game is a lot, so it may take some time for me to type down all of the abilities/spells

Oh yeah, Golden Sun profiles used to be here. @Protodude actually made multiple calcs for the verse, but I think they all got deleted later on. I was interested in bringing them back, but we're still going to need to recreate some of those calc's. I vaguely recall most of the GS being Multi-Continent level though, with the god tiers being Star level or something like that; not sure about speed though.

Being the creator of the universe doesn't always make them 3-A or higher, Chakravarti is only 4-A for similar reasons. But I suppose she should be Large Star level at bare minimum since most stars are actually much larger than the sun; the god tier iirc was the full power the Golden Sun. Arcania absorbed three of the four towers and almost gained full power, but the fourth one as absorbed by Isaac, so I don't personally think anyone scales to the Golden Sun. Though, I'm only familiar with the first two games, there could be stuff I'm missing from Dark Dawn. But it might be a good idea to gather notable feats and politely request calculations on the calculations request thread.

Also, any Sol Blade wielder should be Solar System level, due to plunging the sun onto the battlefield in mid battle. If I recall, moving the Sun at such fast speeds is why Axe Cop... Wait, Axe Cop has been deleted, too? ;-||

We'll need to see a link to an official source for that, I don't see it on Iris's Golden Sun profile, nor have I played GS 3. Additionally, there would need to be proof that she created all time and space at once, not just piece by piece. And either way, I have doubts that it scales to Isaac and crew simply because she's a summon.

I wasn't implying it should scale to Isaac or the others, especially since her ability doesn't even involve combat. I'll replay the first two Golden Sun games on roms, but I lack a way to replay Dark Dawn. And Iris is achieved through beating Dullahan, I believe. My gosh, that was an insane boss battle, unless you summon rush him.

Theglassman12 said:
I can help make the pages. It's been a while since I've played the 1st golden sun, but I do remember the amount of classes in the game is a lot, so it may take some time for me to type down all of the abilities/spells
I'd be really appreciative. I can help you with stats and abilities and whatnot. Would you like to make a blog post or discussion thread where we can further discuss this?

Alright, though, moving enemies into the Sun isn't quite Star level let alone Solar system level either. Durability required to survive inside the sun iirc was only 8-A iirc; although, you also need great heat resistance as well. I recall some of the most consistent feats that would scale to the party would be shaking continents when they activate a tower; it scales because Saturos and Menardi absorbed the energy to become Fusion Dragon, whom the party defeated.

I didn't say moving enemies into the Sun was Star level, I said moving the Sun to enemies would be Solar System level. Megiddo is an attack that can be used by Isaac, Felix, and Matthew that involves them jumping over the Sun and hitting it with the Sol Blade, and it crashes onto the opponent and explodes.

And when I play through the games again, I'll check and see where I found the whole Mother of the Universe statement, my memory may just be stale.

And the team should also be Multi-Continental through summons, seeing as the whole team can potentially use Judgement, if that's a Multi-Continental summon. It shows basically an attack that goes all throughout the world.

@GlassMan, it's fine, I can make the discussion thread for it. Actually, let me just change the name of this one.

Pushing the sun into the enemies varies depending on the speed in which it travels; ironically, moving it at FTL to MFTL+ speeds is less kinetic energy than moving it at Relativistic+ speeds.

Yeah, the wikia mentions that it resembles a sun, not an actual sun. It appears more like a flaming meteor or something.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, the wikia mentions that it resembles a sun, not an actual sun. It appears more like a flaming meteor or something.
Then wouldn't it be not possible to try to actually calculate the speed of them trying to go there since it's not the actual sun and they realistically aren't covering that distance? MHS+ is still a good rating for them since one of the guys mentioned Isaac dodging lightning.

Yeah, I made that old comment before I looked up the Sun feat, but I doubt he's MFTL, MHS seems more appropriate.

Back