• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Golden Sun Characters' Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's still WIP, but Golden Sun being 3-A and Iris being High 4-C seem accepted. We'll still need to make a more proper recalc on the meteor before we start upgrading them.

Well, no one actually fought Iris, and launching enemies into the star isn't a High 4-C feat. While Alex did possess 3/4ths of the Golden Sun and was described as Nigh-Omnipotent, it's still rather absurd to scale him to 3-A, but he will be treated as being far superior to the main cast. He was also stomped by The Wise One I should add.

But a redo of the Meteor calc will yield massive upgrades for the main cast though; Weyard's size might also affect the characters speed and lifting strength too.

I know the first two games took place on top the Plateau, but it's still extremely dubious for an infinite sized ocean to just suddenly devolve into a round planet. I also vaguely remember that round planets can still be seen in the first two Golden Sun games during various summons. Ancient Greek philosophers said the Earth is flat and that the Sun circles around the Earth, but doesn't mean that was ever the case and all that changed when the Romans took over. It just means the philosophers assumed Gaia falls to be infinite and that Golden Sun 3 proved it wrong when the party actually went down to Treasure Island.

No, the world is literally flat in the first two games. This is factual information. You can literally go to the edge of the world, where Gaia Falls is spewing endlessly in the void.

That still just sounds like limitations due to game mechanics; also, why would a flat ocean suddenly change into a round planet in just 30 years for no reason?

Dude, it's a huge plot point that Gaia Falls is a thing causing water to fall into the void. And it isn't just for no reason, it's explained in the third game that the world became round because of the return of Alchemy.

This thing of "Infinite water" and "the elements being the source of all matter" being able to dominate everthing got me real puzzled and deep about how strong the characters were. So, I'm just going to give up and wait for more imput later.

P.S Is the meteor the strongest summon that we should scale the characters to? Personally Summons such as Charon and Eclipse seem much more powerful in case there is a key High 4-C with Iris.

Well, almost any summon could scale to the characters as long as a legit calc can be made, but the meteor one seems to have the most potential for good results. As for Iris, whole creating a sun would be High 4-C it's not really combat applicable for the protagonists. Launching enemies into the sun isn't really Star level. Charon and Eclipse both look really hard to calc also. I heard Golden Sun 3's summons probably look like they have the best cinematics to make calcs for.

Well yes, the complete Golden Sun would certainly be superior to her.

Or if you want, you can technically scale them with the Djinns, who have some connection to Iris in terms of power.

I mean, they still have the connection. Worst case scenario you just divide her overall power by how many djinns it takes to summon her.

Yeah, the Djinns do contain a fraction of some of the summoning monsters power actually. Now that I think about it, Iris's Large Star level feat might scale to the protagonists. Even with no Djinns, Isaac/Matthew and the party can still fight some of the bosses/antagonists, though aren't quite as strong as having 8 Djinns attached.

That can help in terms of having a respect blog for how the verse works so to speak, so that no one will have to constantly ask us how the djinns work or what they can do.

Just a question: Would the Dark Dawn protagonists scale to anything higher than their previous tiers ? I believe Issac stated Matthew surpassed him at the end of Dark Dawn, but I'll have to check that.

Dark Dawn cast are somewhat nerfed from what I heard, but they did perform the Iris feat. Isaac and party also have a small fraction of the Golden Sun inside them.

Can somebody summarise the TLDR conclusions here?

The characters would end up being High 4-C via scaling from Iris, a summon in the game that creates/becomes a giant sun.

I thought for some reason that the Dark Dawn protagonists scaled to Alex as Arcanus, but I seemed to have just misremembered the ending of the game. They do fight a bunch of beings that come from Psynergy Vortices which were said by Isaac to have threatened the Wise One, as they were made by extreme feelings of hatred for him, but there is no telling which ones would have been a real threat to them, and the largest Psynergy Vortex at the end of the game that left the most massive cliffhanger in the history of everything was never resolves, so to scale them to the Wise One would be speculation. Unless there is a statement saying Matthew surpassed Isaac, they would stay at the tier they are now, maybe slightly higher if we can get a proper calc done, which would require the planet to be scaled in size properly.

Alex is just a god tier that has never been shown to fight anyone directly; he mostly uses every character from both sides as pawns. However, both parties are able to perform the High 4-C feat, so that could scale to everyone. Alex and the Wise One could have an At least for sure.

I know about the Alex losing the to Wise One part part, but he never fought Isaac or his party. Also, I don't think pre Dark Dawn Weyard is actually Infinite, but rather the plot is a similar to that of Human Fall Flat. It was eventually going to be destroyed before the four Lighthouses were awakened, so it's still finite in size. Also, the complete Golden Sun is overwhelmingly greater than 3/4ths the Golden Sun. Alex may have referred to himself as Nigh-Omnipotent, but it was also questioned in that same scene "why he couldn't lift up a single wave." The Complete Golden Sun could be 3-A for sure, but High 3-A is stretching it. I don't think Alex or Wise One scales to it either.

I never said Weyard was infinite, just the void below Weyard that the water would spew endlessly into. Weyard itself was obviously a flat world of finite size with roughly eight continents. And what is your reason for believing that three fourths is less than 75% of the whole? The wave he couldn't raise was that of the Wise One, and he is literally like some conceptual embodiment of man's idea of Psynergy. He's just strong.

I think that the verse will return to be relevant in the distant future, i'm ok with the High 4-C upgrade.

Well, i would hear the opinion of other users that knows the verse and then apply the upgrade if they agree. The scans are also present to justify their stats.

The verse is going to most likely upgrade to High 4-C. Though there's some things we need to get out of the way first, like having the size of weyard established since the latest game shows that it might be bigger than expected.

The scan for Large Star level would be this. Iris explodes into this supernova like substance and than forms a bright star. Summons in Golden Sun also involve Djinns fusing together to perform a move, and the protagonists can fight with and without being empowered by several Djinn.

As for Weyard's size, I just made this blog. Doubt it would effect tiering much given the Tier 4 feat, but perhaps speed and lifting strength might be effected by said results.

Rewatching Dark Dawn, there is a problem:

The problem is the fact that it's heavily implied Arcanus (Alex) was beaten by Blados and Chalis, only able to " stall them " to help Matthew & the others escape... So yeah, Blados & Chalis, those who the Dark Dawn characters scale to a stronger variation, is > Alex. Let that sink in...

Could you show me a scene for that? I find that very iffy, and there's a good chance Alex simply let them win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back