• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Golbez vs Naruto

Golbez. Life-force and magic (verse equalization) draining, OHK, Cosmic Ray and superior intelligence will give him the win.

OHK requires prep (black fang requires summoning the dark dragon I believe). Just pointing that out.

Naruto spams Rasenshuriken and wins with low-diff. Golbez doesn't have cellular level regen or resistance.

How about TSBs? Naruto could probably use his clones as a decoy and get in close proximity with Golbez and seal or incapacitate him with Magnet Release. If they get into close combat, he could get vaporized by Naruto's TSBs.

Golbez can summon the Shadow Dragon nigh-instantly if he wants to, as he did when confronting the party in their boss fight and was only prevented from finishing them off by the arrival of Rydia and her summoning of its counterpart, the Mist Dragon.

In addition, Golbez effortlessly tanked every elemental spell Tellah threw at him, showing a resistance to elemental attacks. He can also change his elemental affinity to make himself absorb all other elements except for the one he's selected for himself. Rasenshurikens will be rendered useless unless Naruto can guess what element Golbez has rendered himself weak to. He can also intercept Naruto's attacks with Genesis Rock should Naruto try to use multiple elements at once.

TSB's might prove more troublesome, but there's also nothing stopping Golbez from dragging Naruto towards him with his omnidirectional attacks from above, below, or to the sides, which he can use with mere hand gestures. In addition, most of his attacks paralyze foes while they're caught in them.

I'll have to update Golbez's profile some more to include these abilities I mentioned though.

Those are from dissidia, they are valid? Didnt know that. Then, you are voting for Golbez?

@PaChi

TheEverlasting informed me that Dissidia is indeed canon due to various factors, such as Gilgamesh's appearance and referencing of Bartz, as well as the fact that the game directly leads into the plot of the first game.

In addition, Golbez has an ability called Pressure that instantly paralyzes the target and renders them unable to move or fight back.

The elemental absorption ability is also from the original game.

okay, my only issue with the Dissidia continuity is Garland's backstory. Anyway, its fine by me. And yes, golbez can paralyze the party as he did in his boss battle.

Edit: yes, yes, I only referred to Genesis Rocks and the omnidirectional attacks you mentioned (which are dissidia only). Might I ask you if this is a fair fight?

Rasenshurikens will be rendered useless unless Naruto can guess what element Golbez has rendered himself weak to.

How would Golbez know what element Rasenshuriken uses, and how will he block hundreds upom hundreds of them?

as much as i like naruto im going with Golbez as he has mind manpualtion ect plus naruto's only winning stradegy here is TSB which i think Golbez can get around it

@AppleLord

The elements each Rasenshuriken uses are blatantly obvious from their appearances. One use of Barrier Shift renders him immune to all elements except for the one he chose. He could just choose Holy and render himself immune to all of Naruto's elemental attacks.

@Applelord

If you haven't noticed, Naruto always blatantly infuses his Rasenshurikens with specific elements that are easily visible.

09co
Plus, Barrier Shift can be applied before hand. In addition, Golbez can just pick Holy and be flat out immune given the fact that Naruto does not use any Holy-Elemental attacks.

Then it all comes down to how much and how long will that immunity work. Everything has a time limit otherwise it would be a NLF. Can he tank hundreds of them?

The only rasenshuriken that would affect him in that scenario would be the Bijuudama one (seems like Non-elemental to me).

@AppleLord

There is no timelimit on Barrier Shift as the party has to spam Libra, a spell that gives information on the target, to determine his weakness each time he uses it. It certainly isn't a NLF in this situation since they're both around the same power-level.

Barrier Shift allows Golbez to absorb magic like Momoshiki's Rinnegan draining.

Non-Elemental attacks would work, but Golbez can easily teleport out of those or intercept them with Genesis Rock.

@Burning Full Fingers

He still has Taijutsu, TSBs, and Bijuudamas, but I don't know if they'll be able to stop a meteor barrage that makes Madara's techniques look like drizzling rain.

In addition, Golbez is no slouch in hand-to-hand combat and frequently wields a variety of swords, axes, and other weapons.

FF IV and dissidia Golbez are/is a sorceror who relies mostly in magic/mid-ranged techniques, naruto has the advantage in close quarters.

@Burning Naruto's best techniques arent elemental.

Yeah, yeah, Im not saying Dissidia isnt canon.

I just said that Naruto was more skilled than Golbez in hand to hand. And that cinematic shouldnt be... canon... as that fight never took place in the actual game (you never see golbez and the 4 fiends together).

@PaChi

Perhaps, but it's just a glimpse of what Golbez is capable of. He can take on the entire party at once, and only Rydia's surprise attack that amanged to turned the tide.

Naruto has an advantage, but it's not so decisive an advantage that Golbez would be overwhelmed. Not to mention the fact that he has the CPUs to attack multiple areas at once.

Can someone explain Golbez's paralysis to me?

@PaChi

All his strongest attacks are elemental since they contain Wind Release.

Summoning is not allowed and counts as outside help.

@Burning Full Fingers

It isn't particularly well-explained, but when he activates the ability (which doesn't take long at all), the target is completely paralyzed from the head down, preventing them from moving or using their abilities.

TSBs can work, right? I'm voting for Naruto if that's the case. Speed is equalized and they'll be hitting each other. But since Naruto's normal attacks can't work, he would need to spam Rasengan and Bijuudama.

Is his elemental absorption passive? Or does he need to make a gesture to absorb attacks?

His energy attacks can be nullified with Naruto's TSBs. If Naruto gets paralysed, he can still control his TSBs since users don't need to move to control them. He could use Boil Release to emit large amounts of steam and get in close proximity with Golbez to vaporize him. As for Golbez absorbing his elemental attacks, he could use the same tactic and then spam Bijuudama with the aid of his clones.

Also, about Golbez pulling Naruto towards him, wouldn't that benefit Naruto more? Since he has the advantage in close combat because of his invisible punches and precognition and make it easier for Naruto to seal with Magnet Release or use his TSBs on him. Does ink count as an element? Anyway, Naruto could be able to withstand Golbez pulling him with the aid of his clones.

@Burning Full Fingers

TSBs can still be circumvented. Naruto hasn't been shown to stay inside TSB bubbles forever, and Madara's were overwhelmed by Guy's sheer speed and power.

Once Barrier Shift is activated, it's passive until he decides to change it again, which he can do with a single gesture.

Those who are paralyzed in Final Fantasy are completely unable to do anything. Cast magic, move, counter attack e.t.c.

All elemental attacks except for his chosen weakness are nulled regardless of source or method. Whether it's in the form of steam, fire, heat, or whatever, they're all absorbed without exception. Thus, Boil Release and other Kekkei Genkai are useless for as long as they use an element of some kind in their composition.

Golbez pulling Naruto towards him would rip Naruto out of his TSB bubble and allow him to knock Naruto dead into his other attacks due to constant shocking and paralysis effects of his blows. These attacks will prevent Naruto from counterattacking due to their shocking and paralysis effects.

In addition, having a multitude of clones won't be much of an issue either since Golbez specializes in AoE attacks (like Twin Meteor, which makes Madara look like a chump due to their number, power, and speed) and can always summon the Shadow Dragon and CPUs to watch his back.

In addition, what's Naruto's resistance to telepathy like? Golbez has a habit of mind controlling those who attempt to fight him through their deepest flaws and regrets.

Speed is equalized. So Golbez wouldn't be faster than Naruto like Gai was to Madara. Also, I didn't think of Naruto using a shield to defend himself but to move the orbs in front of him, but yeah, a shield would be useful here.

Okay.

But they can think, right? That's all Naruto needs to defend himself or to direct them towards Golbez. He can also bring Kurama's head out to fire some cool Bijuudama if he needs a distraction.

Yeah, I thought so. Golbez would be able to absorb the steam but it would still provide enough time for Naruto to spam shadow clones. With Chomei's help, he can use Scale Powder to blind Golbez and then use shadow clones to spamattacks. Additionally, he could use Transformation Jutsu to transform into a pile of debris and make his shadow clone(s) act as a decoy. So when Golbez is fighting his clone(s) or thinks he has beaten Naruto, he can transform back and catch him off guard and vaporize him or seal him. Would Sexy no Jutsu help too? Even if it's just a little. Also, with Chomei's chakra, Naruto would be able to use that cocoon that prevents chakra from being absorbed. Ink isn't an element (I think) so Naruto can use it to seal Golbez. Is corrosive acid an element too? That would be useful here if that's not the case.

Though Naruto can resist something like this, if Golbez pulls him towards him, he can still use his TSBs to defend or direct them towards Golbez to vaporize him.

With sufficient distraction tactics, lots of clones can help.

I'm not sure if Teen Naruto has any regrets (someone can remind me of something here) but he has nine bijuu for that.

@Burning Full Fingers

While they're able to think, their ability to cast magic or use ninjutsu of any kind is completely nullified (there are ninjas in Final Fantasy), making that point moot.

Golbez is still more than capable of intercepting these attacks with Genesis Rock. In addition, the CPU and its nodes are able to cast Reflect to reverse the direction of any magical attack that strikes them (of which Ninjutsu of all kinds counts).

Magnet Release runs on both Wind and Lightning Elements while Chibaku Tensei is dependent on Earth, making them both nullified against Barrier Shift. When was Naruto able to use ink?

I highly doubt the Sexy Jutsu would help given that one of Golbez's own servants is a lady who is basically completely naked except for her hair along with the fact that another one of his servants is a man who wears nothing but a cloak.

Do TSBs really disintegrate everything on contact? Since I distinctively remember Guy pounding Madara's TSB barriers while he was using all Eight Gates (and thus was incredibly fragile).

I'm not sure TSB is ninjutsu, otherwise it would be able to be absorbed. And when Naruto warned Sasuke not to use ninjutsu on her, he successfully used his TSB on her. They have been shown to move without any conscious effort on the part of the user.

Can Genesis Rock be destroyed? Even if it's momentarily. Don't those count as summons?

I didn't mention Magnet Release again though and I didn't mention Chibaku Tensei. He has the ability to do so as a result of Gyuki being sealed in him. Also, since acid isn't an element, can it be possibly used to melt Genesis Rock or something?

Okay.

Yes. They are far superior to Dust Release that can do that on a molecular level. (or atomic, not sure). Gai could only do that because Kakashi opened a hole in Madara's shield with Kamui.

@Burning Full Fingers

I mean, according to the Naruto Wiki, it's classified as both Ninjutsu and Senjutsu according to the official handbook.

Genesis Rock can probably be destroyed, but the rocks generated are extremely durable and can easily intercept any attack Cecil can put out. It's more of an application of magic and telekinesis, as he rips them from the ground and transmutes them into a suitably durable form.

You mentioned it earlier so I responded (even though it's a tad late). Don't mean to come across as rude here:

"make it easier for Naruto to seal with Magnet Release or use his TSBs on him"

"seal or incapacitate him with Magnet Release"

Acid, according to Naruto, falls under an application of Water Release and would thus be nullified by Barrier Shift.

Mages like Golbez regularly cause atomic fusion reactions with their spells. I don't think it's too far-fetched to say that Barrier Shift will stop Dust Release since it's also composed of elemental natures.

Yes, but well Kaguya couldn't absorb it. Also, when was TSB classified as senjutsu? I don't remember it being described that way.

Okay.

Hmm. I don't remember acid being a mixture of several elements in Naruto.

Naruto doesn't have Dust Release. I mean it vaporizes in a way similar to it.

@Delta

Yeah. It's compromised of that and Yin-Yang Release. I don't remember any part about senjutsu.

Now if Golbez can absorb or nullify the TSBs, I don't think there's a legit way for Naruto to win and err, taijutsu would be useless.

So probably a mismatch.

Senjutsu and Yin-Yang arent elemental based. TSB isnt elemental based totally, Golbez wont absorbe it.

Senjutsu being non-elemental based doesn't matter here though. If this was so Golbez wouldn't be able to absorb Naruto's elemental attacks since they contain senjutsu. Since TSBs contain all the elements (I somehow forgot this), they would be able to be absorbed by Golbez.

Also apparently, they can only be imbued with Yin-Yang Release to nullify attacks.

Back