• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku's AP in Early DBZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
I'm curious to know if Goku in the early parts of the Frieza Saga would be considered 5-A, instead of consistently being portrayed as higher levels of 5-B?

I mean if Goku is considered above baseline planetary during the Raditz fight, and then undergoes both King Kai's and his gravity training and being equipped with Kaio-ken. It seems, to me anyway, that he'd be strong enough to be 5-A. Or at least a "Possibly 5-A."

Not to mention, it also bridges the gap in strength from before and after his Namek Zenkai.

The inconsistency of power levels makes this hard to answer. Possibly 5-A should be fine, though.

The ap difference between baseline planet level and baseline large planet level is 45 times. Which goku with kaio ken times 10 should be above that but without it no

Piccolo (329 to 400) is baseline Planet-level.

Nappa is roughly around 7,500 to 8,000, since he is equal to Goku.

Early Freeza-Saga Goku is canonically 90,000.

A "possibly 5-A" rating is not farfetched, given the fact that Goku is three hundred times stronger than a baseline Planet-level character. Also, power levels tend to not be linear at all; in PL terms, a 1.5x difference can represent the difference between City-level and Planet-level.

"Power levels aren't linear"

...Which is what i said.

Goku is 90,000, Piccolo is 329 to 408.

No. We're not jumping tiers like that. Especially because of how low Raditz is on the 5-B scale. It'd be pure favoritism.

As I said, "possibly" 5-A is not farfetched the way i see it. Your PL either makes you millions of times stronger, linearly stronger or a bit weaker. It's 50/50.

Base Goku in the frieza saga (Pre-zenkai) should be at least 4 times stronger than Piccolo from the Raditz saga, with Kaioken x10 he should be Large Planet level.

The real cal howard said:
No. We're not jumping tiers like that. Especially because of how low Raditz is on the 5-B scale. It'd be pure favoritism.
He is not that low, he stomp two people who are slightly above baseline planet level.

Dark649 said:
No, power levels are not linear so i disagree with that.
Even if they are not linear, you have to admit that Goku who stomp Ginyu forces, is way stronger than Piccolo who is slightly above baseline 5-B, with Kaioken x10 Goku should be 5-A.

While Power Levels are not linear, Goku's power level is just blatantly so much higher that even if we assume that the Power Levels gap isn't actually that big (Which it is), a Kaioken x10 would definitely support Possibly 5-A.

Raditz who stomp both Piccolo and Goku= x2 Baseline 5-B. Z warriors who can stomp Saibamen who are equal to Raditz= x3. Nappa who can stomp all z warriors= x4. Goku with Kaioken x2 or 4=x5. Base Goku from Frieza's saga Pre-Zenkai=x5 or x6. Goku with Kaioken x10= x60 who is large planet level.

And that with super low-balling.

Here's a similar situation to give an analogy.

Charmeleon is .034c and therefore Sub-Rel. Sub-Rel+ Starts at .05c. Mewtwo doesn't have the +.

Feats will always be > scaling.

Captain Ginyu: 120.000 [At least 5-B]

Namek Goku Base: 90,000 [5-B]

Ex: Namek Goku Kaiokex2 180,000 to x4 360.000 [Ends up at 5-A]

420.000 [At least 5-A]

460.000 [High 5-A]

Frieza: 530.000 [High 5-A+]

Note: I'm not a fan of all the power levels thing.

@The real cal howard wrote
But we use Kaioken multiplier right?, with that Goku is 5-A.

@Cal

Not to be mean, but that's really stupid with the Dragon Ball series. Does that mean UI is less powerful than say, Super Saiyan God Goku because Super Saiyan God threatened the universe and UI only shook a verse?

Akreious said:
@Cal

Not to be mean, but that's really stupid with the Dragon Ball series. Does that mean UI is less powerful than say, Super Saiyan God Goku because Super Saiyan God threatened the universe and UI only shook a verse?
False equivalncy seeing how UIO scales to a feat instead of upwards scaling.

So... Piccolo = Slightly above Baseline 5-B. Goku is at least 4 times stronger than Piccolo with Kaioken x4. Base Goku pre-zenkai is stronger than Goku kaioken x4 from Saiyan Saga, with Kaioken x10, he is 5-A.

Yes, we can apply the kaioken multipliers to see if Goku is reaching 5-A.

Am I missing something here? Did goku ever use kaioken x10 before frieza? Otherwise Im not seeing this being valid.

Why dont we just eyeball it like we do with freeza forms? To my knowledge, between Frieza and Cell, we just speculated tiers for them anyway.

I honestly do not find it hard to believe that end of saiyan saga goku being 'Possibly 5-A' with everyone from Ginyu Saga being 'Likely 5-A'

The gap is 52x and if we take all what we know for dragon ball, considering

A. Power Levels are not linear.

B. Vegeta <<<<<< Everyone else basically early freeza saga minus Cui I think, which he stated he was going to turn the planet into 'ashes', which would imply higher then baseline planet level.

But admittedly, this is speculation.

Piccolo's moon bust is calced at 6.969x10^22

5-A is at 270x10^22

That's a 38.743 times difference.

Even multiplying x4 multiplier for kaioken in Piccolo's moon bust reduces the difference to 9.69 times

The only question is whether base Goku during Vegeta fight is 9.69 times stronger than the Piccolo who destroyed the moon?

AKM sama said:
Even multiplying x4 multiplier for kaioken in Piccolo's moon bust reduces the difference to 9.69 times
The only question is whether base Goku during Vegeta fight is 9.69 times stronger than the Piccolo who destroyed the moon?
Seems fine to scale them to be at least this powerful.

I mean, even Piccolo vs Nappa had its competitive moments, and Piccolo had 1/4th or so the power level of a casual nappa.

Edit: This implies characters like Recomme, Burter and Jeice at being 5-B+ or low end 5-A

KinkiestSins said:
I mean, even Piccolo vs Nappa had its competitive moments, and Piccolo had 1/4th or so the power level of a casual nappa.
Piccolo had a Power Level of 3,500 and Nappa 4,000. Wasn't 1/4th. Even assuming Nappa was 8,000 while serious it still wouldn't be 1/4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back