• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ye, Goku skill ***** him. This is the only way that this fight could end as Saitama is explicitly mentioned and stated as an unskilled fighter who doesn't have any martial arts training.

Yeah, Goku skill stomps him as this is the same kid who has bested martial arts masters with 300 years on their belts, and can instantly learn techniques that would’ve required decades to do. From what I see, Saitama’s only wincon would be to hold Goku still for a day, but Saitama is gonna have a hard time grabbing someone as agile as Goku

Saitama - Casually 41 Exatons of TNT, unquantifiably higher

23rd Budokai Goku >= Piccolo Jr. > King Piccolo Saga Goku >= King Piccolo > Master Roshi = Baseline 5-C (29.6 Exatons of TNT)

So Goku >/= Tien w/o Kikoho >/= Jackie Chun = 29 .6 Exatons?

Saitama is still not high enough to one shot, which is his only hope of winning (or grabbing him, which seems unlikely given Goku's vastly superior skill)

Honestly, this match is basically Tanktop Master vs Garou but replaces the former with Saitama and the latter with Goku - Saitama's strength is incredible but Goku's massive skill and experience advantage heavily negate that with the simple fact that in an h2h battle Saitama wouldn't be able to keep up and let alone touch Goku.

Also the fact Goku is shorter then him

Tho this shouldn't be a problem for goku

Goku could also use his tail, if Saitama ever got a hold of him, to stroke him off

But it probably wouldn't come to that

Yeah what the hell is this match up. Unless Saitama one-shots, this is a complete and utter stomp for Goku. And even then its extremely questionable if this is a fair match or not.

I wonder how Saitama from The Fight of Gods would stack up against different Goku versions

In fact, that sounds like a Fun and Games thread idea...

I don't think this matchup will ever be truly even. Saitama is an unskilled puncher, and Goku is a master of numerous martial arts, to say nothing of Saitama always winning in one punch while Goku has lots more experience fighting enemies who can challenge him.

And to make it even more uneven Goku can fly and shoot energy blasts, giving him control over the distance between them and more options to fight with. I'd suggest replacing Goku with Master Roshi, but with Roshi's skill I anticipate that being another stomp. Saitama being a haxless, unskilled and overconfident brick makes using his 5-C key in versus threads difficult.

I don't think this matchup will ever be truly even. Saitama is an unskilled puncher, and Goku is a master of numerous martial arts, to say nothing of Saitama always winning in one punch while Goku has lots more experience fighting enemies who can challenge him.

And to make it even more uneven Goku can fly and shoot energy blasts, giving him control over the distance between them and more options to fight with. I'd suggest replacing Goku with Master Roshi, but with Roshi's skill I anticipate that being another stomp. Saitama being a haxless, unskilled and overconfident brick makes using his 5-C key in versus threads difficult.
Yeah, perhaps the only Dragon Ball characters fair enough for Saitama would be Guldo and maybe Appule

Yeah, perhaps the only Dragon Ball characters fair enough for Saitama would be Guldo and maybe Appule
Guldo does have hax, but it can't be used very effectively. Could Guldo do much against Saitama? With Saitama's lifting strength the telekinesis doesn't seem too viable. Guldo can still fly and use blasts though.

Guldo does have hax, but it can't be used very effectively. Could Guldo do much against Saitama? With Saitama's lifting strength the telekinesis doesn't seem too viable. Guldo can still fly and use blasts though.
Well, Guldo’s telekinesis was powerful enough to paralyze both Krillin and Gohan who were a tier above him, but I also remember that Guldo gets weaker the more he uses his time stop (which’ll eventually make him unable to use ki blasts)

Yea honestly, it's kinda hard to make any match-ups for a post-training Saitama for characters who have the same AP. Every opponent Saitama has ever faced, he's never needed to use any skill to defeat them. So the moment he comes up against an opponent strong enough to fight him who actually has that skill, he's screwed.

Having said that, Saitama's still not terribly inexperienced when it comes to fighting. He's capable of coming up with some clever tactics or moves in-combat, such as his Serious Table-Flip and Serious Headbutt against Awakened Garou, though that's webcomic and not manga so I guess that can't really be used as evidence.

Having said that, Saitama's still not terribly inexperienced when it comes to fighting. He's capable of coming up with some clever tactics or moves in-combat, such as his Serious Table-Flip and Serious Headbutt against Awakened Garou, though that's webcomic and not manga so I guess that can't really be used as evidence.
That's pretty limited, actually, at least in Saitama's case. The main thing needed to use a headbutt effectively is to aim it right (at the enemy's nose is best, but if you don't mind cuts in your forehead the teeth works too) and also to only use it when it's going to land, and to get your enemy into that position, either by grabbing them first or by using the move first when they're close to you and don't expect it (pretending to cower right up until attacking can work wonders here).

If you just headbutt them anywhere else it won't do much damage, if you don't time it right you'll miss, and if either of those things happened you just took your eyes off your enemy and moved your head forward where he can hit it or worse, and if you were grabbing him and he blocked the headbutt with his own forehead or pulled back to avoid the impact, you've just hurt your head and your hands can't stop the uppercut he's probably about to land on your face.

But for Saitama, he wouldn't have to worry about those risks against his enemies, and he's so much faster he doesn't need to time it right and so much stronger he doesn't need to aim. The only way he'll ever build skill is if he allows someone to train him while he holds back his physical powers, or if his series breaks and he gets multiple fights against enemies who can match him. And this will get worse if he ends up getting an upgrade to a higher tier, especially if it's something huge like 3-A.

the reason this work is because his opponent is vastly weaker than him, not gonna work on Goku
Yeah, it's like training to kurb stomp by stomping on insects. Except the insects can at least move fast enough to dodge. If your opponent is sufficiently slower and weaker than you, you can kill them with just about any movement or weapon.

I hope for battleboarding sake Saitama never makes 3-A, unless he gets some damn hax. He's going to be exactly what initial Xeno Goku was in 2-B (punching bag) ;-;

I have a feeling Saitama will be packed with a ton of resistances, instead of haxes, becoming the most annoying character to deal with

if Saitama reaches 3-A, Goku ''outskilling'' is literally the lowest problem that Saitama would have to deal while fighting 3-A goku
That's why it'd be funny. Saitama getting an upgrade would only make him even more of a haxless and unskilled punching bag than he already is. Not that skill alone would be sufficient at a tier like 3-A. DBS Goku still isn't that haxed by 3-A or 2-C standards, but at least his abilities and his new sealing technique give him something to work with.
I have a feeling Saitama will be packed with a ton of resistances, instead of haxes, becoming the most annoying character to deal with
Very possibly, and that's probably the best thing for Saitama in versus threads, but his track record indicates he could just as easily continue to have almost nothing but speed and power. Let's hope for his sake his future enemies have nasty hax for him to resist.

That's why it'd be funny. Saitama getting an upgrade would only make him even more of a haxless and unskilled punching bag than he already is. Not that skill alone would be sufficient at a tier like 3-A. DBS Goku still isn't that haxed by 3-A or 2-C standards, but at least his abilities and his new sealing technique give him something to work with.
Goku is a good character at 3-A because Dragon Ball is literally billions/trillions times into 3-A lol, but thats it

On this site, the tiering based matchups and customary speed equalization makes it a pain for strong and fast bricks

Back