• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure about Goku, Kraven will probably try to shoot a poison dart at the opponent

Forgot about that. I thought that speed was Equalised for the characters only and not the abilities, either way can Goku can counter this poison dart with his other abilities?

Goku can still potentially dodge it ig, unsure what his dodging feats are

Goku resisted the Water of the Gods, which is poisonous, but he doesn't have resistance in this key.

Goku can try to deflect the dart with the power pole.
About equalizing the speed of weapons, it was discussed in a thread about speed equalized in general, and iirc tools and weapons such as gun and bows are supposed to have their actual speed, unless they are supernatural or enhanced in some way, but they are uneffected by speed equalization.

However, does Krave use a blowgun to fire the poison dart? Because his blow should be superior to that of a normal human, making the dart faster than the average one.

As starting move I think Goku would rush down to Kraven and try to approach him physically.

However, does Krave use a blowgun to fire the poison dart? Because his blow should be superior to that of a normal human, making the dart faster than the average one.
Yes and possibly yes
As starting move I think Goku would rush down to Kraven and try to approach him physically.
I actually think if Goku would rush towards Kraven his strategy may change to trapping him with a bola

Where can i read that?
Here, I think.

Yes and possibly yes

I actually think if Goku would rush towards Kraven his strategy may change to trapping him with a bola
Goku has good acrobatics and iirc he used to dodge some stuff thrown at him, but nobody was as skilled as Kraven. He might snap the bola, though, he has enough LS to do it.

Goku might also try to cover the distance with the power pole.

A spear-power pole battle would be epic.

You mean with the cloud? He has to summon it, which takes just a few seconds, but it's not really in character for him to do it.
He usually summons it for aerial battles.

I see.

Voting for anyone yet?
Not yet, my biggest issue is about comparing their combat skill. I know both characters, but Kraven not too well.

Goku might succeed in getting closer, thanks to acrobatics, his staff or else, he also already knows the Kamehameha, in case he wants to counter projectiles with projectiles.

In close combat I think Goku has the formal advantage with his martial arts and the fact he can give a hard time to actual masters end experts like Roshi.
Kraven though has more experience and is no slouch himself, he is also clever and has those darts in his wrist that would be troublesome for Goku.

If they clash with weapons, I think the power poll is the better one, given its size manipulation and durability, which makes it far more resistant than spears, axes and knives, assuming they are not supernatural, although their should be unnaturaly strong as they can harm Spider-Man.

Ironically, Goku's monkey-like style he pulls off at times woulnd't be a problem for Kraven, as he's used to fighting that kind of animal, and wouldn't be disoriented as other DB characters were when facing that style.

In close combat I think Goku has the formal advantage with his martial arts and the fact he can give a hard time to actual masters end experts like Roshi.
Kraven seems to have some knowledge of Martial Arts at least, he can paralyze his opponents by targeting their weakspots fairly easily and has fought in hand-to-hand against Spider-Man before.
I'm voting Goku via superior LS and range
...does Goku even use LS? For anything? Also rangewise both have approximately the same range, given Kraven's weapons

Kraven seems to have some knowledge of Martial Arts at least, he can paralyze his opponents by targeting their weakspots fairly easily and has fought in hand-to-hand against Spider-Man before.

...does Goku even use LS? For anything? Also rangewise both have approximately the same range, given Kraven's weapons
What do you mean how don't you use Lifiting strength especially in H2H. The power pole extands to the moon

...You don't really use LS unless your combat is really reliant on grappling, which Goku's isn't.

...and I don't think Goku will try to rangespam with the power pole any day of the week

I mean, both characters have range but neither really uses it in character often. Kraven moreso, but that's more because of his huntet schtick.

Honestly, Kraven is pretty damn skilled in his own right. Not only does he regularly give Spider-Man a good fight but he even famously managed to beat him once he stopped holding himself to his code of honor. That's more than can be said for a lot of Spider-Man villains, even ones far more haxed and versatile than him.

Kraven seems to be the more skilled one tbh, and the adaptability and flight aren't super big issues for a guy who regularly fights and can pose a solid threat to Spider-Man.

No, it really isn't. The fact he poses any sort of threat to a guy that trounces him in lifting strength should be a good indicator of that.

It is in the Spectacular Spider-man show, but that's a different Kraven.

...so you're basing it off the wrong Kraven then.

Yeah honestly grappling stuff in his fighting was only prevalent for his animals he brought sometimes, I think he's more punchy-punch in other fights

Kraven's hand-to-hand skill is what troubles me the most, because I have problems identifying it, and I think the battle would end being mostly in close quarter, either phisically or with weapons.
Goku is no slouch too, having received proper martial arts training, natural talent and the fact that he is skilled enough to be equal with masters and experts like Roshi and others.

I agree that Goku wouldn't just attack from distance with power pole, but he tends to use it when he can, including its length-shifting properties. He also has the kamehameha as a ranged attack.

I actually doubt Goku would have an upper hand in H2H at this point and time, Kraven definitely has comparable combat experience fighting Spider-Man and Tigra, and seems to have more rad abilities.

And I mean Kraven has a rifle apparently, so.

Is that a normal rifle? Because bullets just slightly harm Goku, as he got riddled by Bulma's machine gun and didn't get that much damage. Also, given how speed equalized in relation to weapons works, Goku should be able to block and dodge bullets, either if he himself is equalized so supersonic+ or hypersonic+.

But Kraven's ability with weapons is greater than Goku's, even though the power pole is technically better than spears and such, even just because it's supernaturally durable.

Interesting enough, Marvel database states that Kraven doesn't just hold his own against Spider-Man in close combat, he can even defeat him.
If that's true, than I vote Kraven.

I'm not sure Goku would be really totally outskilled, but pressure points, poisonous stingers and general comparable skill should give him the victory.
Granted, I still see Goku taking the victory several times, but not most of them.

Also, please donate a neck to Classic Kraven.

His rifles are strong enough to not only hurt Spider-man, but knock him out long enough for Kraven to assume he'd killed him and bury him alive in a makeshift grave to assume his victory. See Kraven's Last Hunt for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back