• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs Garou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goku can planet-bust with casual ki blasts. Garou needs a full-power attack that saps all of his energy.

Goku has the definite and very, very respectable AP advantage.

Quan, please. In all the debates you've been in, you literally always scew the scenario in favour of OPM despite everyone else saying otherwise. Can you explain to me what "advantage" Garou has over Goku that'd give him the win?

Akreious said:
Quan, please. In all the debates you've been in, you literally always scew the scenario in favour of OPM despite everyone else saying otherwise. Can you explain to me what "advantage" Garou has over Goku that'd give him the win?
I dont lol, if a character loses then he loses. But If Garou could dodge attacks from a much faster character with his martial arts experience, why wouldnt he be able to dodge the attacks from someone with equal speed?

Kepekley23 said:
Goku can planet-bust with casual ki blasts. Garou needs a full-power attack that saps all of his energy.
Goku has the definite and very, very respectable AP advantage.
You confusing Garou with Boros. And i wouldnt say Goku can casually planet bust at this point.

The calc for Piccolo destroying the moon says otherwise. Also Garou and Boros are comparable with each other as stated by ONE.

It was rather casual, since he used an uncharged ki blast.

The blast he used against Raditz was the Bakuriki Maha, King Piccolo's strongest attack.

Ok, and it's not going to do as much damage as Raditz did, who's roughly 4x stronger than this version of Goku.

Theglassman12 said:
Ok, and it's not going to do as much damage as Raditz did, who's roughly 4x stronger than this version of Goku.
It will overtime. So we got Garou who can dodge everything, and launch Goku's attack back 2 fold. Clearly advantage.

Problem is, He can't win otherwise Quan. I think you're taking the "dealing attacks back 2 fold" too literally.

Akreious said:
Problem is, He can't win otherwise Quan. I think you're taking the "dealing attacks back 2 fold" too literally.
It's not that i'm taking it too literally, yu're lowballing his martial arts.

No, no I'm not. Goku has trounced other martial arts masters easily while as a kid. Also, how am I lowballing his martial arts? What does that have to do with you taking the "dealing back 2 fold" statement literally?

First of all, I think you're mixing up deflection and reflection. Second of all, it's a reach because The illustration for the "reflection" is just him punching the other guy harder. Please name me an instance where his martial arts was capable of reflecting an attack that was actually on the level of himself, two fold no less? If Garou was massively superior to that guy, then of COURSE it would seem Garou was dealing out twice the force of him.

Kepekley23 said:
The guy who has almost ten years of experience in combat at this point in the series is better in h2h than Garou, yes.
Garou can reflect Goku's hits you know while Goku cant do the same also Garou was trained for years so experience wise they are the same.

Garou can dodge better than Goku, and can give him a hard time with his regen, and likely has a skill advantage, that's about all. Goku FRA.

Goku isn't the better H2H combatant, they're around the same level. Garou literally went from a martial artist with imperfect Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist to being the best martial artist in the series within a few days. That should put him at the same level as Goku in H2H combat. Moreover, why is there doubt on how Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist works? The martial art literally takes the energy out of attacks and then deflects or reflects with twice the energy, that's how it is described to work. Trying to apply realism to these martial arts would mean Kenshiro's martial art wouldn't work.

Also experience =/= better skill, otherwise Roshi will always be better than Goku and Bang will always be better than Garou, which is obviously not the case.

Problem with your logic is that Goku ALSO exceeded his own masters in a matter of days. I can't remember the exact timeframe, but remember what happened when Goku trained under King Kai? Surpassed that guy in NO time at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back