• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku vs Garou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not here to vote, but just wanted to point out, Spartan said that he thinks they're on about the same level for that very logic, not that one is necessarily leagues above the other. The fact that they have similar martial arts feats should put them around the same level, as opposed to one being so vastly superior to the other. I believe that's what he's trying to say here.

@Akreious First, I said that they are around equal in H2H combat. Furthermore, Garou created his own martial art on the spot, something Goku has not done.

Also, why are you applying events that haven't happened yet to this Goku.

@Theglassman12 That doesn't mean much, considering both more or less became the best martial artist of their respective series and becoming the best martial artist in a series on your own is more impressive feat.

Garou can read movement, and dodge accordingly. He can also memorize fightinig styles just by seeing them, and not only apply though, but learn how to evade.

Goku already knew of the fighting style, Garou was learning them after they were introduced by his opponents in combat.

This was when Goku was a kid and back in Dragon Ball. It's only an example that Goku is able to counter the opponent's style on-the-spot and reliably trade blows with a tride and true fighting style, even if he knew of the fighting style. He still came up with something on the spot and it was able to reliably counter the style. I never said anything about Garou :L

I- Yeah. That was already established. Then Goku changes his style again to counter Garou, then Garou memorizes and changes his style, then the infinite loop begins until eventually either Goku runs out of animals/styles to copy/employ or Garou loses in that loop.

Has Garou ever used his martial arts to block beams and projectiles before?

Akreious said:
I- Yeah. That was already established. Then Goku changes his style again to counter Garou, then Garou memorizes and changes his style, then the infinite loop begins until eventually either Goku runs out of animals/styles to copy/employ or Garou loses in that loop.
Has Garou ever used his martial arts to block beams and projectiles before?
Other than Genos no, but shoudlnt be hard to dodge via reading his movements.

I mean, a casual ki blast from Goku is already moon/planet level in this. So Goku has a fair AP advantage even if his movements are read.

Akreious said:
I mean, a casual ki blast from Goku is already moon/planet level in this. So Goku has a fair AP advantage even if his movements are read.
Doesnt matter when Garou can aim dodge.

Garou aim dodge doesn't make him untouchable (it's a minor preco as stated in his profile)

You're talking as if Goku doesn't adapt to his opponent at all and will employ the same strategies over and over despite none of it hitting its mark.

Not really. When his usual strategy doesn't work, Goku can actually get pretty crafty. (A later example would be those delayed Kamehamehas against Freeza and I can't really think of one from DB. I'll go look at my old manga collection again).

Garou's been hit at least once in nearly every fight he's been in. And the only times he evaded Saitama were when baldy wasn't trying at all, then when he put a little more effort but still super casual, Garou got blitzed badly. His aimdodging is greatly overrated.

Huesito88 said:
His preco is no ultra instinct he won't dodge every attack just a considerable amount
Funny you say that lol a few chapters ago he was able to dodge an attack from his blindspot on instinct alone.

Akreious said:
Not really. When his usual strategy doesn't work, Goku can actually get pretty crafty. (A later example would be those delayed Kamehamehas against Freeza and I can't really think of one from DB. I'll go look at my old manga collection again).
Has Goku faced anyone who can read movements, and memorize fighting styles?

Ultra Instinct lets you dodge ALL attacks from any and all angles regardless if it's a blind spot or not. UIO Goku vs Kefla? Danmaku only grazing him?

Ryukama said:
Garou's been hit at least once in nearly every fight he's been in. And the only times he evaded Saitama were when baldy wasn't trying at all, then when he put a little more effort but still super casual, Garou got blitzed badly. His aimdodging is greatly overrated.
Exacly, Saitama had to blitz. Goku is equal in speed.

But Garou has also been hit by people that weren't fast enough to blitz him on numerous occasions.

By the way, he isn't tanking a casual ki blast. Those things would screw him up hard and he'd definitely need to regen from it.

@Ryukama

Oh he isn't good against animalistic like fighting styles? Then I'm fairly sure Goku's crazed Monkey style that's more unpredictable than the Drunken Fist would definitely deal a number against Garou.

@Akreious Those are Garou's own words after his fight with Watchdog Man. I guess some might argue that maybe Monster Garou since developed new counters or fighting styles to counter that (which is a complete assumption however). Either way I think Goku's considerable AP advantage and wide area of effect ki blasts would be sufficient enough to negate most of what Garou has. Sure Garou could likely dodge some of Goku's close range strikes but to say he's untouchable by anything, including the AOE blasts is a bit of a NLF and not substantiated by his actual feats.

"I guess some might argue that maybe Monster Garou since developed new counters or fighting styles to counter that (which is a complete assumption however)."

When is it ever stated or shown that Monster Garou suddenly gained a counter for this? Even assuming he did, that doesn't negate Goku's other vital advantages.

Ryukama said:
"I guess some might argue that maybe Monster Garou since developed new counters or fighting styles to counter that (which is a complete assumption however)."
When is it ever stated or shown that Monster Garou suddenly gained a counter for this? Even assuming he did, that doesn't negate Goku's other vital advantages.
When he learned to memorize fighting styles.

Garou implied that Bang was holding secrets about the martial art and even says that he can improve to fight beasts with the martial art, which would make sense considering he fights Overgrown Rover later on.
WSRS Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back