• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't understand, please clarify.Dante has plenty of experience with teleporting enemies if that's what your asking.

Yes, you answer my question. He'd be able to deal with Instant Transmission, right?

BakiHanma18 said:
That won't matter. I had to equalize speed because no speed equalized= Goku Speed Blitz stomps
Was not talking about Speed= in this thread. Just his feat against Hit.

Alright,

First, what is the possibility that Goku could charge a Spirit Bomb, Large Spirit Bomb, or Super Spirit Bomb

Second, if he were to throw a Spirit Bomb, LSB, or SSB, could any of those override RG?

I don't know, if they are purely physical then Dante could RG if not then it depends on the properties of the attacks

Dienomite22 said:
I don't know, if they are purely physical then Dante could RG if not then it depends on the properties of the attacks
The Spirit Bomb is made entirely of the Ki of the people, nature, and all the living things around him

Spirit Bomb: Goku's ultimate attack, taught to him by King Kai, performed by gathering a vast amount of energy from all the lifeforms in his surroundings to create a massive, incredibly destructive sphere of ki. To use it, one must have a pure heart, and so Goku is a perfect user of the technique due to his obliviously innocent nature. While it is incredibly powerful and can prove capable of completely destroying an opponent when used with sufficient power, it takes a very long time to charge and is therefore very difficult to use, though the charge time can be sped up by gathering energy from those who willingly and knowingly provide it

Dienomite22 said:
Dante would be able to RG it since it's made of Ki
Ahhhh, I was afraid of that... what exactly IS RG, I mean I know it's a counter, but how exactly does it work!

I don't even know, the best I can give you is videos showcasing it and a wiki page detailing it.

https://devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Royalguard_Style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjHEYdh078M (helpful TLDR RG tutorial for dummies vid)

Various showcases of it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYW8rUK_-HY (One of the best vids showing how broken it can be)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRZtFMozR6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqAOkhjCPvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2R8dUM9tU

He also has Dreadnaught form which is RG technique which creates a suit of armor that makes him (nigh) invulnerable but he can also attack normally unlike with regular RG. Basically RG without being mainly defensive.

Btw, going to go cook, may or may not be able to reply if not will check back up in an hour (if everything goes well lol)

Okay, I'm still reviewing RG, but from what I can tell, he has to see the attack coming to raise his forearm to block. If this is true, Goku could use Kiai, which is an invisible blast of ki force, and hit him. Is that possible?

dante reacted to and dodged attacks he couldn't see nor were visible by instinct and he likely can see the ki attack regardless.So most likely not.

Dienomite22 said:
dante reacted to and dodged attacks he couldn't see nor were visible by instinct and he likely can see the ki attack regardless.So most likely not.
Alright, so Kiai is a no-go. So I've almost finished reviewing, and I've found a potential weakness for RG. RG is entirely timing based, and Dante's timing isn't infallible, and it seems his weakness presents itself with rapid succession attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYW8rUK_-HY

4:20

5:50

6:10

6:30

7:00

7:15

7:25

7:35

8:00

8:45

8:55

9:10

9:40

10:40

12:25

12:35

13:25

And the last 30 seconds

All of these are examples of his timing failing against certain attacks (not exact times, just a ballpark). If Goku spammed Destructo Disk in sporadic intervals, could he potentially bypass RG?

Kienzan: Krillin's signature technique, which Goku presumably copied from him. Raising his hand above his head, Goku creates a razor-sharp disc of ki with incredible cutting power, and then throws it at his opponent

The reflect part is mainly timing based , in DMC5 Dante will take no damage even if the timing is off as long as he has Magic which he has tons off

Dienomite22 said:
The reflect part is mainly timing based , in DMC5 Dante will take no damage even if the timing is off as long as he has Magic which he has tons off
So who has more energy: Dante or Goku?

Dienomite22 said:
I don't Know, Dante gains energy with nearly everything he does with RG
Alright, let's try a different approach: as far as physical stamina, would it be wrong of me to assume Goku can last longer?

Dienomite22 said:
Depends on what you mean by physical stamina, What would factor into it?
Continuous throwing Disks/Royal Guarding nonstop, along with starvation, hydration, sleep deprivation, etc.

Dante doesn't need to eat so that covers starvation and hydration. He seems to need sleep but can seemingly fight for a few weeks without sleeping.

Based on my own findings, Dante has better pain tolerance and Goku has better endurance to keep going in a fight

Also, would it help if it was 6 Destructo Disk at the same time at different angles, hitting at slightly different times each? (As to wear him down quicker)

I would say Dante has the better endurance as well since his regen largely helps in that regard. Goku would have probably a better "will", not in the typical sense but in the "my everything is broken but I will somehow still fight" type of way. If Dante didn't have his regen he probably wouldn't be able to persevere as much as Goku if he were in those situations but thanks to his regen being pretty powerful.Also, Dante can bypass Goku's regen which would gimp Goku in this department aswell.

To answer the destructo disk question, no. If he can block an omnidirectional attack that hits him multiple times at once I don't think a destructo disk attacking at different angles and different times would be a big deal at all. He deals with that on a daily basis.

Ahhh, dang. Well, I understand he can fight based on instinct, but what if he was disoriented by a Solar Flare? Would that create an opening for Goku?

Solar Flare: One of Tien Shinhan's signature techniques, which Goku copied from him during their match in the World Tournament. Bringing his hands up to his face, Goku can create a bright flash of light that can blind opponents.

He wouldn't be disoriented? If not, Goku's chances are dwindling...

If his instinctively reacted when he was in total darkness and couldn't see his opponents attacks, I don't think blinding him would affect his reaction and DT breaks him out of things like stuns or disorientation.

True, but his AP get hard countered by RG, so what about the Mafuba? It's a beam that seals an enemy into a container and it was implied that it could've held Future Zamasu (another universal fighter), has he gotten the normal seal instead of a coupon for a supermarket

Dienomite22 said:
That could work but isn't it reserved for evil people?
Yes, but "evil" is a very broad term in this instance, as the Mafuba has worked on people like Vegeta. Vegeta has been shown to have evil in his heart, but so does Dante to a certain degree (IE vices like wrath, pride, lust, etc.)

Keep in mind that Hit and Goku are Massively FTL+ . Plus, Hit improve later in that fight.

That's his limit, 0.5 seconds at the end of the battle, trash level time stop if you ask me.

Also, what has speed to do with it? I know that moving at those speeds time is relative and all but what

BakiHanma18 said:
Dienomite22 said:
That could work but isn't it reserved for evil people?
Yes, but "evil" is a very broad term in this instance, as the Mafuba has worked on people like Vegeta. Vegeta has been shown to have evil in his heart, but so does Dante to a certain degree (IE vices like wrath, pride, lust, etc.)
Dante has never shown things like that and he's resists things like holy manipulation which is a bane to a normal demon's existence but lets just say it will work because of the loose definition of the mechanics behind Mafuba

I'll say this: as far as I'm concerned, Goku HAS a way to win (the Mafuba potentially), but his likelihood of using it before getting haxed to death is slim to none. I'm the OP, so I can't vote, but Dante's looking pretty strong right about now IMO

Back